Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Saturday Travel

Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:22 pm

Hi, ax previously posted, on a break in Bristol from Scotland and bought tickets for the game on Saturday. Was coming by train but can’t rely on getting there and back due to strike action. Is there a Park and Ride (bus to city centre) that we could use or anywhere not too costly and available in the city. Coming around 11am for the day.

Re: Saturday Travel

Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:18 am

Look at Cardiff East Park & ride on a48 easten avenue ..... easy to get to from Bristol just up m4 m48 runs into a48 Park and ride just off it well sign posted ... about 30mins into town I presume goes uo town amongst other places

Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:40 am

pembroke allan wrote:Look at Cardiff East Park & ride on a48 easten avenue ..... easy to get to from Bristol just up m4 m48 runs into a48 Park and ride just off it well sign posted ... about 30mins into town I presume goes uo town amongst other places

This park and ride is only for the Heath hospital now, don't go to the centre of Cardiff anymore.

Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:17 pm

rontom wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Look at Cardiff East Park & ride on a48 easten avenue ..... easy to get to from Bristol just up m4 m48 runs into a48 Park and ride just off it well sign posted ... about 30mins into town I presume goes uo town amongst other places

This park and ride is only for the Heath hospital now, don't go to the centre of Cardiff anymore.

Wasn't sure what it did that's why said check it... it is huge I knew went to hospital Mon to fri but weekend must run empty 99% of time as no outpatient ect... another waste of money project the bus lane on Easton avenue if this is case

Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:32 pm

If you're coming that early then park on Wellington street, free parking all day, the A4161, this is the road between the old st davids hospital marked as Clos Dewi sant on maps and the ground.
This is about 10 minutes walk from the city centre and 10 mins from the ground. Then to go back to Bristol just drive back up (do a u turn after the match)Newport road to join the a48. The first bit confront of the castle has some congestion say 10 mins but then it's pretty quick to the A48.
Hope you enjoy your day