Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff 1 - 2 Chelsea offside goal

Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:54 pm

I don't know if it's to the day exactly but this has come up on Facebook from 5 years ago

Shocking decision which cost us survival
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cardiff 1 - 2 Chelsea offside goal

Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:58 pm

Exactly. Got to be up there with one of the worst decisions ever.

Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:10 pm

It just gets worse every time you look at it. In the stadium, I was sure it was offside and couldn’t believe it when I watched it back.

Then we had to watch Jamie Carragher try and justify the decision on MNF the day after.

I do think we would have stayed up but for the decision. Chelsea were getting desperate and didn’t look like getting back into it. That goal gave them the confidence to get the winner.

Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:16 pm

That goal nearly broke Warnock, never seen him more deflated. We played really well that day and deserved something from it

Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:13 pm

Yet folk still think the top 6 ain't protected.
Hate premier league with all the diving and theatrics.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:32 pm

Maloby_Blue wrote:That goal nearly broke Warnock, never seen him more deflated. We played really well that day and deserved something from it

Every time Warnock is on TV or on pod casts he always brings this up, in my view I think it not nearly broke Warnock it actually broke him as it clearly proved to finish him and us off in the premiership.

My mate who is a chelsea season ticket holder and was in the away end that day text me to apologise as he said they all knew it was offside and if was against them there would have been uproar but it was hardly spoken about by the pundits :banghead:

Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:31 pm

Me and my mate where right in line of it we couldn’t believe that they gave the goal my mate has since passed away I remmber him saying they don’t want us in the premier league he was right the pundits didn’t want to talk about it

Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:42 pm

Not only that game also remember the two awful penalty decisions at Burnley against Gunnerson
Stone wallers , had we had them and scored them that would have given us 3points also

Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:32 pm

Never forget the awful decision the following season var came in i think .it sunk us ultimately and we didn't deserve it did we. Nobody stuck up for us did they

Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:55 am

Craig pawson ref still on the scene and warnock was more furious with the linesman .

Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:33 am

I am sure someone did some research on how VAR would have affected the season and Cardiff came out as one of the top teams that would have benefited This being a prime example I think Morrision came up as he would have had 4 pens given for fouls on him
I believe the stated that we could have been 7pt better off with VAR