Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A view from the Ninian.

Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:06 am

Was listening to the podcast after the Swansea game and they made a very good point that there seems to be a generation of fans missing from our fanbase (particularly away from home).

I think it’s a very good point, I’ve not been away since West Ham away in the playoffs when the rebrand broke and I know I’m not alone.

How do we re-engage with those fans that have been disengaged since the rebrand?

I don’t think it’s just the rebrand, I think it’s modern football in general but what can be done?

Re: A view from the Ninian.

Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:13 am

Simon,

Our away support nowadays is very poor.

Due to the Despicable Rebrand, Many Hardcore Fans like yourself Stopped going and have never returned and some will only come back once Tan has gone, many have got out of the ritual of going and probably won’t return.

We are actually the 3rd worst Away Support in the Championship.

Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:51 am

Annis, that is all true but let's not forget that football used to be a working man's game, where as nowadays, some of the prices with certain clubs is disgusting.

Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:10 am

Roath_Blue wrote:Annis, that is all true but let's not forget that football used to be a working man's game, where as nowadays, some of the prices with certain clubs is disgusting.

That’s true in some ways, but in The Premier League Man City , Man United away etc £55

Plus don’t forget while our away support has decreased others clubs have increased big time.

Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:12 am

They'll all come back when we get back to the Premier league just swap their manure/citeh and gooner shirts for ours.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:22 am

JulesK wrote:They'll all come back when we get back to the Premier league just swap their manure/citeh and gooner shirts for ours.

never in 45 years have i supported anything other than city, and annis is right, i certainly will not renew 25 years of season tickets until tan and the board are gone

Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:50 am

arri potta wrote:
JulesK wrote:They'll all come back when we get back to the Premier league just swap their manure/citeh and gooner shirts for ours.

Lots say that on here Arri I haven't been 3 yrs now. A few reasons....

never in 45 years have i supported anything other than city, and annis is right, i certainly will not renew 25 years of season tickets until tan and the board are gone

Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:41 am

There’s now a price cap of £30 on away tickets in the Premier League. They should do the same in the Championship.

But I will say that fans were happy to spend £60 to go to Chelsea in the PL, but won’t pay about £25 to go to clubs like Huddersfield/QPR.

There will be good support today, like there was at Leicester early in the season, but too many games where the numbers are low. I’m there today and try to get to at least ten aways a season - this is number nine for me.

Personally enjoy away games more than home games.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:47 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:There’s now a price cap of £30 on away tickets in the Premier League. They should do the same in the Championship.

But I will say that fans were happy to spend £60 to go to Chelsea in the PL, but won’t pay about £25 to go to clubs like Huddersfield/QPR.

There will be good support today, like there was at Leicester early in the season, but too many games where the numbers are low. I’m there today and try to get to at least ten aways a season - this is number nine for me.

Personally enjoy away games more than home games.

I do too to be fair, another thing that changed for me is I got sober in 2016. That takes the “fun” out of an away day too so there’s many more reasons than just Tan. We just seem to have suffered more than most.