Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Our big problem is / Tan is in Financial Trouble:

Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:01 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:16 pm

I’ve had this feeling since the crowds returned post COVID that eventually we would end up in administration and possibly relegated.

Tan wants 200m for us, and we’re probably worth 75m. Darker days are coming…. I expect the likes of NG & McGuinness to be sold over the summer. Replaced with more free transfers than nobody else wants. :sad7: :sad7:

Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:28 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:I’ve had this feeling since the crowds returned post COVID that eventually we would end up in administration and possibly relegated.

Tan wants 200m for us, and we’re probably worth 75m. Darker days are coming…. I expect the likes of NG & McGuinness to be sold over the summer. Replaced with more free transfers than nobody else wants. :sad7: :sad7:

Must be a 100 free transfers available come end season so guess your wisdom is we will get the ones nobody wants? Any ideas as to who they are? :clap:

Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:35 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:I’ve had this feeling since the crowds returned post COVID that eventually we would end up in administration and possibly relegated.

Must be a 100 free transfers available come end season so guess your wisdom is we will get the ones nobody wants? Any ideas as to who they are? :clap:

Look at the tripe that’s come in on a ‘free transfer’ over the last 2 or 3 seasons. The only way Tan sells us, is if we end up in administration. There were players on that pitch yesterday (not including the loan players) who know they won’t be here next season.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:44 pm

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Look at the tripe that’s come in on a ‘free transfer’ over the last 2 or 3 seasons. The only way Tan sells us, is if we end up in administration. There were players on that pitch yesterday (not including the loan players) who know they won’t be here next season.

Being in administration means tan gets sfa so that makes good sense to him.....as for players regardless of free agents it's upto the manager to get the right ones in and I'm afraid amongst the good ones are duds and that happens at every club not just city... wish people would not make out its only city that as a problem when comes to players... :roll:

Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:46 pm

Where does it say H R Owen are losing £3m a month? I can’t find it online. 2023 figures were £7m profit

Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:48 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Being in administration means tan gets sfa so that makes good sense to him.....as for players regardless of free agents it's upto the manager to get the right ones in and I'm afraid amongst the good ones are duds and that happens at every club not just city... wish people would not make out its only city that as a problem when comes to players... :roll:

I hope Tan gets SFA! The club has been neglected for a while now. Only another 7 games remaining and another summer of uncertainty awaits.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:50 pm

Simplesimon wrote:Where does it say H R Owen are losing £3m a month? I can’t find it online. 2023 figures were £7m profit

Im struggling to find anything.
Think it’s called fake news. No source to fact check against.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:05 pm

Iceblue wrote:
Simplesimon wrote:Where does it say H R Owen are losing £3m a month? I can’t find it online. 2023 figures were £7m profit

Im struggling to find anything.
Think it’s called fake news. No source to fact check against.

Golden rule on here never believe the financial news can have 10 different amounts depending on agenda of person putting it out... if can't Google it it's likely wrong information. But Tan does have problems that's for sure like a lot of tourism industries around the world

Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:20 pm

Tan’s business interests are doing very well (apart from his football clubs)

He is not in financial difficulties (do your own research it’s all available on line)

I have no idea why he hasn’t sold us in the past and I’m not even sure why he bought us in the first place?

But I’m absolutely sure he doesn’t need to sell us for financial reasons

Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:31 pm

Regardless if he's in financial trouble or not, noth his teams are doing pathetic.

Us fans has had enough we need more transparency on what is going on, are we investing in the summer, will hulut be staying.

Communication is key and we need it ASAP, I don't want the owner to stay but I'll continue to support our team as I love the club, but for fk sake let us know what the plan is everyone has had enough now

Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:42 pm

I'm just home and saw this very informative and sadly accurate OP from Bakedakasker...

Much, if not all of what he writes is pretty accurate and helps explain some of the stuff that's been going on in recent times, i.e. a levelling out of finances coming into the club...

There are three key areas I'd like to comment on; the first (easy one) being the accuracy of the OP's post...

Secondly, as someone alluded to in the last week or two, we are not as far away from FFP and PSR limitations as we'd like to think we are

We are, according to some knowledgeable financial experts that don't include Keith Morgan on this occasion, in debt to the tune of as much as £250m; and the figures add up when explained properly

Not all the 'debt' is Vincent Tan's and that would be worrying, if it weren't for the fact that he has effectively underwritten those 'debts' to himself and those other 'loanees' appear in public at least, to be confident of a return; albeit in finance or some other format, e.g. first 'dibs' on the club in event of...

Thirdly, we cannot escape the fact that we are losing money overall and the situation is unlikely to change in either the near future or under our current owner. His personal and business wealth (according to internet sources) has diminished considerably and the 'gap' between what is (or feels) he is owed has narrowed considerably to the point I feel (but have yet to confirm) 'walking away' is not an option without a full or substantial return on his so-called 'investment'. It's simply not in tbe Malaysian psyche...

Our club is currently 'stagnant' and not looking anywhere close to being the 'ambitious' club we were only a few short years ago...

Things have changed and they include the appetite and financial clout of the owner; whether it be through FFP, PSR, or decreased personal investment...

Something had to 'give' but with Vincent Tan's perceived intransigence, the ongoing legal case over the late Emiliano Sala, and the lack of an 'acceptable' (to the current owner) bid to purchase, we may just find we are going to see Groundhog Day at the CCS for the forseeable future...

That is sad for all involved and I just hope that a 'face-saving' package can be put together to allow all involved to go their separate ways...! :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:44 pm

Any support for the Regime now ( and people are perfectly entitled to their opinions) legitimises Tans failures, his lack of planning, his lack of enthusiasm,his lack of foresight and ambition. It is also my view that any support also shows that we have finally been beaten into submission by the Regime to accept second rate and sub standard as the new norm.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:01 pm

Sven wrote:I'm just home and saw this very informative and sadly accurate OP from Bakedakasker...

Much, if not all of what he writes is pretty accurate and helps explain some of the stuff that's been going on in recent times, i.e. a levelling out of finances coming into the club...

There are three key areas I'd like to comment on; the first (easy one) being the accuracy of the OP's post...

Secondly, as someone alluded to in the last week or two, we are not as far away from FFP and PSR limitations as we'd like to think we are

We are, according to some knowledgeable financial experts that don't include Keith Morgan on this occasion, in debt to the tune of as much as £250m; and the figures add up when explained properly

Not all the 'debt' is Vincent Tan's and that would be worrying, if it weren't for the fact that he has effectively underwritten those 'debts' to himself and those other 'loanees' appear in public at least, to be confident of a return; albeit in finance or some other format, e.g. first 'dibs' on the club in event of...

Thirdly, we cannot escape the fact that we are losing money overall and the situation is unlikely to change in either the near future or under our current owner. His personal and business wealth (according to internet sources) has diminished considerably and the 'gap' between what is (or feels) he is owed has narrowed considerably to the point I feel (but have yet to confirm) 'walking away' is not an option without a full or substantial return on his so-called 'investment'. It's simply not in tbe Malaysian psyche...

Our club is currently 'stagnant' and not looking anywhere close to being the 'ambitious' club we were only a few short years ago...

Things have changed and they include the appetite and financial clout of the owner; whether it be through FFP, PSR, or decreased personal investment...

Something had to 'give' but with Vincent Tan's perceived intransigence, the ongoing legal case over the late Emiliano Sala, and the lack of an 'acceptable' (to the current owner) bid to purchase, we may just find we are going to see Groundhog Day at the CCS for the forseeable future...

That is sad for all involved and I just hope that a 'face-saving' package can be put together to allow all involved to go their separate ways...! :ayatollah:

How is it accurate. Just popping in internet source doesn’t make it accurate. Why can’t you provide a hyperlink? But before you get you knickers in a twist Sven and start throwing insults the same goes for the post to the contrary of yours has provided no links. So how can I decide who’s is right on one shred of evidence to back up either side of the opinion as it stands.
Like pembrokeshireallan says unlikely to be true other than sheer speculation.

Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:06 am

Iceblue wrote:
Sven wrote:I'm just home and saw this very informative and sadly accurate OP from Bakedakasker...

How is it accurate. Just popping in internet source doesn’t make it accurate. Why can’t you provide a hyperlink? But before you get you knickers in a twist Sven and start throwing insults the same goes for the post to the contrary of yours has provided no links. So how can I decide who’s is right on one shred of evidence to back up either side of the opinion as it stands.
Like pembrokeshireallan says unlikely to be true other than sheer speculation.

If you have something sensible to say, I will respond in kind whether we agree or not. It's then up to you to decide how you want to view the information provided...

On the actual topic you speak of, it is my understanding that our owner's 'worth' has shrunk in recent times to the extent that our current 'debt' is something he wouldn't want to absorb should it come to it; but a 'win' in the Sala case might just help...?

I don't know about individual businesses within his 'empire', so I am not specifically talking about HR Owen, his leisure or other businesses; just his 'reported' personal wealth in the usually reliable Forbes List and the reported 'debt' from his involvement with Cardiff City FC...

Others have reported similar from their own sources but I'm not going to do the work for you, as you lack respect for those who provide information and like certain others, you expect it on a plate when it simply doesn't work like that for so many reasons...

I am not (or claim to be) a financial expert but I do read and I do check my information and on this subject you can, if you try, find the information that backs it up... :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:13 am

Companies house tell a different story of HR Owen, last financial accounts of June 23 show a profit ?
This should be taken down for the benefit of the original poster

Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:10 am

fred keenor wrote:Companies house tell a different story of HR Owen, last financial accounts of June 23 show a profit ?
This should be taken down for the benefit of the original poster

Exactly, whilst Tan’s personal wealth may vary widely from one year to the next (Forbes list will confirm this and that’s there in the public domain for everyone to see) this has been the case for decades

Whilst it’s common knowledge that as he gets older he is stepping back from the day to day running of several of his businesses , there is not one shred of actual evidence to suggest Tan’s business empire is in any sort of financial difficulties

Unfounded rumours and speculation in this thread are not helpful

Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:23 am

Coz it's not true its made up,account show a profit like you say.

Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:58 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:Yes, I've been on Tans back from the moment, he couldn't, or more precisely wouldnt show any ambition to get us back to the Premier League.

Many have called for him to go, and the calls get louder. If it is true that he is now in financial decline, as I believe is being intimated here, then these calls should really be reaching a crescendo.

Let's be honest, us fans have put up with mediocrity at best for the last 5+ years, to the point of accepting it. We can no longer make it this easy for Tan and the regime to leave us rudderless.

What can we do? I don't have any real answer, BUT, even though Tan/Nash and his cronies have tried to kick the passion out of our supporters, we need to get this back and fight like Cardiff City supporters did in the 80's and 90's and use fan power to remove him.

with you all the way on this, a united fan base is key in trying to push to get the best for our club.

we need to make him sell up we dont want to be on his ride while he looses money and drowns our club with it, tan its time to go we dont want you here

With you both in this , Our Fans for the sake of our club should unite and drive this Regime out once and for all.

You've been trying that for 10 years , unless you get someone to stump up the cash to buy him out then he's going no where .

Uh he might be forced to sell up at a reduced price.

Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:02 am

From what I can see online, there is no financial trouble with HR Owen - they finished 2023 with a 7m profit and revenue increases compared to the previous year.

His personal worth doesn't really tell the full picture. People with lots of shares in a successful business will consistently have a fluctuation in net worth

Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:24 am

After all the name calling,abuse etc Tan is going to watch us disintegrate to non league.

Somebody said about FFP and selling stadium well that went well for Forest I think or someone else.
FFP. The Riddler would love to see us break it, be careful what you wish for.

Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:37 pm

There are 14 sites in the HR Owen portfolio where they sell the top range high performing cars. Some have mentioned a £7m profit from 2023. For what they are selling that is not much profit to be comfortable with.

Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Lamborghini, Lotus, Bentley , Bugatti , cars worth £hundreds of thousands.

The latest site was opened in a place called Hatfield London and the best way I can explain its achievement in a worrying way is that it has "Blown his brains out".

Choo is running this.

Just wait for the latest accounts.

Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:53 pm

JulesK wrote:After all the name calling,abuse etc Tan is going to watch us disintegrate to non league.

Somebody said about FFP and selling stadium well that went well for Forest I think or someone else.

Shouldn’t have been such a rude, stubborn dictator then.

Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:59 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:
JulesK wrote:After all the name calling,abuse etc Tan is going to watch us disintegrate to non league.

And the other points or have you no clever input?

Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:04 pm

JulesK wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

And the other points or have you no clever input?

Haven’t a clue about FFP or Tan’s finances. I only comment on things I know facts about. The fact he’s a rude, stubborn dictator is clear to me.

Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:05 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:There are 14 sites in the HR Owen portfolio where they sell the top range high performing cars. Some have mentioned a £7m profit from 2023. For what they are selling that is not much profit to be comfortable with.

Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Lamborghini, Lotus, Bentley , Bugatti , cars worth £hundreds of thousands.

The latest site was opened in a place called Hatfield London and the best way I can explain its achievement in a worrying way is that it has "Blown his brains out".

Choo is running this.

£7 million is not much profit??

And how exactly would you personally know what their next years accounts are going to look like??? Would you like to explain how you could possibly have access to this sensitive financial information ??

Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:50 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:There are 14 sites in the HR Owen portfolio where they sell the top range high performing cars. Some have mentioned a £7m profit from 2023. For what they are selling that is not much profit to be comfortable with.

Choo is running this.

£7 million is not much profit??

And how exactly would you personally know what their next years accounts are going to look like??? Would you like to explain how you could possibly have access to this sensitive financial information ??

No

Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:02 pm

Right guys I need to make a correct about the HR Owens P&L.

They are making £1m loss not the £3.6m as first said.