Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our big problem is / Tan is in Financial Trouble:

Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:20 pm

Updated:

There are 14 sites in the HR Owen portfolio where they sell the top range high performing cars. Some have mentioned a £7m profit from 2023. For what they are selling that is not much profit to be comfortable with.

Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Lamborghini, Lotus, Bentley , Bugatti , cars worth £hundreds of thousands.

The latest site was opened in a place called Hatfield London and the best way I can explain its achievement in a worrying way is that it has "Blown his brains out".

Choo is running this.

Just wait for the latest accounts.

Financial.

Let me break it down:

We borrowed £27m at 9% from Dalman.
We borrowed £17m at 9% from another company.
H R Owen (London) owned by Tan but managed by Ken Choo is losing £1m per month. There are 14 sites in the HR Owen portfolio where they sell the top range high performing cars.

3 facts along that is creating a low morale at the club that I believe is affecting our football. If I was playing for Cardiff I would question if I would be here next season and if I'm one of the lucky ones what type of standard I would be playing with.

Tan's concentration is on his other businesses and not us so don't expect much investment next season.

Tans Belgium club is in big trouble on and off the pitch.
Lets all say a prayer for Tan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Our big problem is / Tan is in Financial Trouble:

Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:39 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Financial.

Let me break it down:

We borrowed £27m at 9% from Dalman.
We borrowed £17m at 9% from another company.
H R Owen (London) owned by Tan but managed by Ken Choo is losing £3.6m per month.

3 facts along that is creating a low morale at the club that I believe is affecting our football. If I was playing for Cardiff I would question if I would be here next season and if I'm one of the lucky ones what type of standard I would be playing with.

Tan's concentration is on his other businesses and not us so don't expect much investment next season.

Tans Belgium club is in big trouble on and off the pitch.
Lets all say a prayer for Tan

I have heard exactly the same Ian.

Their Big car empire is sliding badly in to chaos.

The last few months apparently their sales have fallen drastically and in the last six months big losses.

Also our CEO Choo is spending 90% of his time in London trying to rescue Tans business yet Cardiff City pay him nearly £ half a million in wages.

And Dalman is on massive wages from our club, No wonder we are losing so much money as we actually have NO one running our club day to day.

Tans wealth is also half what it was and not lost at Cardiff City but in his own businesses.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:44 pm

Yet he to me he is mad wanting £200 mill for Cardiff City

Maybe it’s to try and save his falling empire??

Tan needs to stop suing everyone as it’s cost our club over £30 plus mill in costs etc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:53 pm

If true, HR Owen is losing £12m pa, Cardiff City Tan is supposedly propping up by around £10m pa - loans being paid out from that, probably.

Time Tan cut a deal and departed for his own health, you'd think.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:59 pm

He’s too stubborn to sell at anything apart from ridiculous money. The Tan era will end with us relegated or in administration

Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:10 pm

Oh dear, well if this is true tan needs to sell up before we are in a bigger mess ourselves.

Some was saying business was booming for him after covid ? Hmmm

Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:10 pm

He should take that 120 mill he was offered now more than ever !

Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:12 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:He’s too stubborn to sell at anything apart from ridiculous money. The Tan era will end with us relegated or in administration

Hate to say it but I reckon your right. Just can't see things improving. Really thought this season would be the turning point but, although we've escaped relegation, I don't think there is a single fan on this forum that is upbeat about next season

Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:17 pm

We've all agreed that Tan should really sell up but looking at those numbers he must be really worried if he's down to his last £500 million and how does a used car dealership lose £3.6 million a month even if it is posh? Where have you got that number from ?

Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:30 pm

Yes, I've been on Tans back from the moment, he couldn't, or more precisely wouldnt show any ambition to get us back to the Premier League.

Many have called for him to go, and the calls get louder. If it is true that he is now in financial decline, as I believe is being intimated here, then these calls should really be reaching a crescendo.

Let's be honest, us fans have put up with mediocrity at best for the last 5+ years, to the point of accepting it. We can no longer make it this easy for Tan and the regime to leave us rudderless.

What can we do? I don't have any real answer, BUT, even though Tan/Nash and his cronies have tried to kick the passion out of our supporters, we need to get this back and fight like Cardiff City supporters did in the 80's and 90's and use fan power to remove him.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:33 pm

this is just what we can see, i wounder how his other companies are doing, is he hanging on to these court cases in the hope it rescues some cash for him.....

Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:35 pm

Barclay1 wrote:Yes, I've been on Tans back from the moment, he couldn't, or more precisely wouldnt show any ambition to get us back to the Premier League.

Many have called for him to go, and the calls get louder. If it is true that he is now in financial decline, as I believe is being intimated here, then these calls should really be reaching a crescendo.

Let's be honest, us fans have put up with mediocrity at best for the last 5+ years, to the point of accepting it. We can no longer make it this easy for Tan and the regime to leave us rudderless.

What can we do? I don't have any real answer, BUT, even though Tan/Nash and his cronies have tried to kick the passion out of our supporters, we need to get this back and fight like Cardiff City supporters did in the 80's and 90's and use fan power to remove him.

with you all the way on this, a united fan base is key in trying to push to get the best for our club.

we need to make him sell up we dont want to be on his ride while he looses money and drowns our club with it, tan its time to go we dont want you here

Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:39 pm

kyle08 wrote:
Barclay1 wrote:Yes, I've been on Tans back from the moment, he couldn't, or more precisely wouldnt show any ambition to get us back to the Premier League.

with you all the way on this, a united fan base is key in trying to push to get the best for our club.

we need to make him sell up we dont want to be on his ride while he looses money and drowns our club with it, tan its time to go we dont want you here

With you both in this , Our Fans for the sake of our club should unite and drive this Regime out once and for all.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

With you both in this , Our Fans for the sake of our club should unite and drive this Regime out once and for all.

You've been trying that for 10 years , unless you get someone to stump up the cash to buy him out then he's going no where .

Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:54 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

You've been trying that for 10 years , unless you get someone to stump up the cash to buy him out then he's going no where .

wez, do you want him out ? do you feel we are going anywhere with this board as is ?

i for one am sick of all of this we need a new direction and ambition i will continue to support our beautiful club but its so hard when we constantly dont know future plans and sack managers left right and centre

Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:54 pm

Time for tan to take his offers and cut his losses. Dlaman Choo can all do one aswell rotten to the core,with no interest
in the club.
Time for us to get our club and passion back
at Cardiff City. Drive it from the top, we need football men here true bluebirds!

Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:59 pm

kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

wez, do you want him out ? do you feel we are going anywhere with this board as is ?

i for one am sick of all of this we need a new direction and ambition i will continue to support our beautiful club but its so hard when we constantly dont know future plans and sack managers left right and centre

I've always said that he should sell if he's not investing but he has invested tbf 11 million a season minimum in fact , the problem is whoever comes in can't just splash the cash those days under ffp have gone .also we are no different in terms of changing managers to any other team most championship managers get 12 to 18 months these days then there gone, bulut has been a big let down personally he started well but let's be honest since November the football is defensive and dire .we roll over too easy .he's definitely not getting the best out of this squad .

Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:59 pm

People have stumped up the cash...with, I have no doubt, further sweetners to allow him to recoup more of his money, if we get back to the promised land.

Tan is neither interested in the club, or apparently any offers of any sort...

Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:02 pm

Barclay1 wrote:People have stumped up the cash...with, I have no doubt, further sweetners to allow him to recoup more of his money, if we get back to the promised land.

Tan is neither interested in the club, or apparently any offers of any sort...

I think the only way Tan will be gone is with promotion and then selling at his price he wants , the way ffp is its going to be hard for most teams other than the relegated teams with parachute paymehts and sellable players to do this .

Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:07 pm

wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

I've always said that he should sell if he's not investing but he has invested tbf 11 million a season minimum in fact , the problem is whoever comes in can't just splash the cash those days under ffp have gone .also we are no different in terms of changing managers to any other team most championship managers get 12 to 18 months these days then there gone, bulut has been a big let down personally he started well but let's be honest since November the football is defensive and dire .we roll over too easy .he's definitely not getting the best out of this squad .

there is ways around ffp though, shirt sponsors, selling naming rights to stadium etc etc im not doubting hes spending cash but not in a good way getting our club to the prem to stay there

Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:16 pm

kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

there is ways around ffp though, shirt sponsors, selling naming rights to stadium etc etc im not doubting hes spending cash but not in a good way getting our club to the prem to stay there

You would soon be moaning if we had an embargo and points deduction for as you put it a way around ffp , the days of getting around ffp have gone personally I think ffp sucks and stop any ambition in clubs

Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:22 pm

wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

You would soon be moaning if we had an embargo and points deduction for as you put it a way around ffp , the days of getting around ffp have gone personally I think ffp sucks and stop any ambition in clubs

you cant get into trouble by making money from sponsors ? every club makes money this way but tan uses visit Malaysia and earns nothing from it, and we all know why he does this to keep people back home happy so he keeps getting his own way

Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:28 pm

kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

you cant get into trouble by making money from sponsors ? every club makes money this way but tan uses visit Malaysia and earns nothing from it, and we all know why he does this to keep people back home happy so he keeps getting his own way

We do get money from it tho ? What you can get trouble for is over valuing it , tan just can't puts his company on our shirt for say 100m it just won't wash with the efl

Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:45 pm

wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

We do get money from it tho ? What you can get trouble for is over valuing it , tan just can't puts his company on our shirt for say 100m it just won't wash with the efl

That’s what I thought wez. If they weren’t so strict clubs like Leicester forest Everton wouldn’t have got themselves in hot.
I personally think if I was a billionaire and wanted to spend £900 of that on my club then so be it it’s my money.
Fpp there as it’s suits the big clubs with massive incomes so no one challenges they standing, they didn’t like Man City slipping through the net and being top dog now.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:45 pm

wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

i get that but im sure we could do well and get a big company to pay us alot more than what we do get, we could also sell the naming rights to the stadium.

the club isnt going anywhere as it stands. we are down over 1k fans on average from last year it will be worse next year aswell

Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:47 pm

wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

Some of man c trouble is they got paid far in excess what commercial rates were for sponsorship of club... Hope club gets money for visit Malaysia ect as there are numerous countries from Asia advertised both inside and outside stadium.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:50 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
kyle08 wrote:

Tan has had some genuine bids , but he his mad in his valuation of Cardiff City.

You know as well as I do Wez, Cardiff will not go forward under Tan.
Even you want Tan gone now.

Tan is f*cking up his own businesses, his Belgium club and Cardiff City, but for me I only care about Our Club Cardiff City and Tan has NO interest in us at all.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:51 pm

Id hate it if we sold out our stadium, it’s one of a few things left to be proud of “the Cardiff city stadium “ who else has a stadium with the clubs name in.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:55 pm

Replies:

Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:57 pm

Replies: