Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Are refs biased, scared or are they a joke

Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:20 pm

As my topic title asks? Are the scared to give us decisions, are they biased to English clubs which would mount to racism or are they just an absolute joke at the moment?

I do feel it’s about time we had impartial refs for our games, Scottish/european. Couldn’t be any worse than the sh!te we get in a regular basis, even having an FAW endorsed official team to give another option.

Re: Are refs biased, scared or are they a joke

Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:24 pm

Mate, yes the ref was shit. But even a couple of decisions wouldn't make up for how shocking we played

Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:32 pm

All refs in this league are shit. But at least most are shit for both teams. Today he was very one sided.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:16 pm

Like all fans just wan't consistency? Faint touch goes down gives pen in other game player gets long big tug on shirt clearly seen by ref no pen... and they still dont consider rugby tackling is not a foul inside box yet its yellow card in outfield....

Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:06 pm

Only just watched back yesterdays penalty decision. I thought it was a a free kick for a dive at the time, now I'm fuming at how the cheating fecker conned the ref, and where was the effing linesman, who was also shite :banghead:

Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:10 pm

Stairway to Merthyr wrote:Only just watched back yesterdays penalty decision. I thought it was a a free kick for a dive at the time, now I'm fuming at how the cheating fecker conned the ref, and where was the effing linesman, who was also shite :banghead:

The tackle on Bowler in the 2nd half was more of a penalty that that weak sh!t

Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:28 pm

Definitely a joke Rob Jones gave penalty on reviewing incident after Gordon stretches leg out to put it in front of defender he didn't play the ball but defender kicked his leg! a blatant case of cheating by Gordon and he got away with it

Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:45 pm

Over a season luck / bad luck evens out

As to Refs, we have had some bad ones , but some good ones.

If we were winning we would not even think about the Refs.

The players need to accept yet again they were dire / awful / N0 Desire and utter shit v a team full of Kids

Let’s play some of our Kids Please

Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:07 am

They are middle-aged men who need to be centre of attention. We were in a panic situation due to the sloppiness and the ref sensed that and reacted to the "rash" incident.

There is no bias because we are Welsh, no one except the Welsh give a toss crossing offa's dyke, take the road signs away and you wouldn't notice.

Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:21 am

This good luck/ bad luck evens out over a season is a load of b.....ks. Decisions in first 20 games don't impact as much as decisions in last 20.

Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:46 pm

They say - You have been to a good game when you don't remember the ref :o

Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:19 am

This season and last season in particular, I really don’t feel like we’ve had the rub of the green.

Does come across a few have been bias against us. Whether that’s to do with the whole Sala saga, I don’t know.

Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:19 pm

Get a bit of perspective guys.
Point 1 linesmen are only there to assist the referee within certain areas, they are predominantly there to judge offside,
ball in and out play and infield offences which are in their quater of the field of play. The referee will give his instructions as to what is required from his assistants.
Point 2 referees in the championship are either aspiring to get to the Premier or are guys that have generally not made the cut to go up. I think this does throw up a number of different mindsets from refs. If I was to make one observation is that too many refs have got poor recognition of foul play and many of them have poor communication skills with players. I generally think that refs are not bias just some are better than others :thumbup:

Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:35 pm

The ref was awful today. Gave us nothing

Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:25 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:The ref was awful today. Gave us nothing

Looked like a certain penalty for us from where I was in the first half, couldn’t believe it wasn’t given.

Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:16 am

Staying on the topics of referees but at a way lower level, I watched my grandsons U14 side last week and a young lad was reffing, he must have been around 18/19 and the amount of abuse he took of so called coaches was shocking, beyond any form of tolerance I would accept, the poor lad was terrified to make any decision and this was due to the shite coming out of the mouth of coaches who clearly think its the PL they coach in between getting fattter.

I am not surprised no one wants to ref any more.

Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:52 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Looked like a certain penalty for us from where I was in the first half, couldn’t believe it wasn’t given.

I retract this comment about the “penalty”.

Watched it back and it’s never a penalty to be fair, he just slipped.

Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:10 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

I retract this comment about the “penalty”.

Watched it back and it’s never a penalty to be fair, he just slipped.

Yeah not sure if was a pen but he gave them decisions and didn’t give us exactly the same