Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A DECISION HAS TO BE MADE.........NOW

Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:14 pm

Whether you believe Erol Bulut is the right man for the job is irrelevant.

Stability is important to any employee.....in our case professional footballers.

I don't jump on the bandwagon of negative crap but we looked lost today, not sure what we were trying to do.

Our current board have been so inept on so many levels, but now is the time to bite the bullet. Either back, or sack, your Manager. It's all about next season now.......these things need time to be planned and executed.

Personally I would keep Bulut, but he needs to know now. :bluebird:

Re: A DECISION HAS TO BE MADE.........NOW

Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:17 pm

I’d be shocked if a decision hasn’t been made.

They don’t have to action it straight away.

If he stays, they trigger extension. If not, they just tell him at the end of the season that he can go.

Another day where I didn’t like his tactics but I still say I doubt we will do any better than Bulut under this ownership so still in favour of him staying.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:24 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I’d be shocked if a decision hasn’t been made.

If he stays, they trigger extension. If not, they just tell him at the end of the season that he can go.

Another day where I didn’t like his tactics but I still say I doubt we will do any better than Bulut under this ownership so still in favour of him staying.

Fair comment Ned, I just don't get the delay. Erol has stated on many occasions that he cannot plan for the future as, technically, he will be leaving at he end of this season.

As we will end up mid table, so much better than last year, why the delay in a decision from the board? The longer they leave it, the less chance we have of going for players who want to see a vision from a club! :bluebird:

Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:32 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:

Fair comment Ned, I just don't get the delay. Erol has stated on many occasions that he cannot plan for the future as, technically, he will be leaving at he end of this season.

As we will end up mid table, so much better than last year, why the delay in a decision from the board? The longer they leave it, the less chance we have of going for players who want to see a vision from a club! :bluebird:

Yeah I can’t disagree with that

Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:41 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

Yeah I can’t disagree with that

Bet every club that is safe in championship are planning for next season except us of course! Either way club can make statement he's leaving end season or he's got new contract... I don't go with wont get better or no one come here it's a very small pool of clubs managers can go to and despite what people say ccfc is a big fish for a manager to come to .... I'm sure another manager will do better with the squad we have ? lots managers done well when another failed with same squad and tbh ours is not as bad as made out its tactics that are holding us back

Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:49 pm

We can do better than Bulut, i don't like him. I'd Release him at the season end.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:53 pm

Cardiff_CPT wrote:We can do better than Bulut, i don't like him. I'd Release him at the season end.

Agree tbh he doesn't look like he can motivate them .

Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:59 pm

Our club plan ahead?? Are you mad??

We’ve not done it for 15 years we aren’t going to start now!!

Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:15 pm

I don't go with wont get better or no one come here it's a very small pool of clubs managers can go to and despite what people say ccfc is a big fish for a manager to come to .... I'm sure another manager will do better with the squad we have ? lots managers done well when another failed with same squad and tbh ours is not as bad as made out its tactics that are holding us back[/quote]

I'm with you all the way on this one. We are doing the club a disservice by saying we won't get a better manager. Yes Bulut has accrued enough points during winning runs to keep us away from the danger zone but his tactics are mind-numbing,baffling and lacking any inspiration.

Do we really believe this is all the club and its fans deserve. I don't and if the board are having second thoughts about renewing his contract I congratulate them.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:28 pm

If the board want to keep Bulut, they should give him his contract now so he and his staff can plan for next season. Whats the point in delaying it! That also includes discussing/agreeing on a budget and sticking to it.

However, if they want rid, let Bulut play out the season but have someone lined up on a pre-contract agreement so they can start planning behind the scenes. It would be underhand I know, but planning is everything.

Who knows with the 3 amigos though. Farcical that they run a football club...and the sad thing is, none of them give a sh!t. They are barely present here.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:55 pm

I've been saying since the start of the season that we cannot keep chopping & changing the manager & expecting miracles straight away. We need to pick someone & stick with them through the good & bad results until we come out the other side with the same guy in place and a team worthy of the name. 2 seasons should be the minimum as long as we're not sitting in a relegation spot, give someone time to build a team & get rid of the dead wood but us the fans also need to be patient & not throw our toys out of the pram at a run of bad results.

Maybe all of this not knowing is running through the team & causing a lot of the issues as the players don't know if the manager will be here next season or not, someone needs to make a decision and go with it. The team is deflated, the manager is deflated & the fans are pissed off, it's never going to get better until someone sticks with a plan.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:02 pm

Another season of sideways rigid football with inverted predictable width no intensity or press? And another season of criticizing and blaming everyone apart from himself?

Please NO!!!!!!!!

It isn’t even a style of football. Gutted Had high hopes.

And substitutions?! Bizarre. No stability outside of the back 5

How can anyone claim to be a fan of his? I’m open minded, I bleed blue, I don’t want s revolving door of managers. Please tell us.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:44 pm

Its all very well saying stability but do we have the right man in charge to stabilise us and play how most fans want ?
and also stability is ok but what do you have to work with
i have not heard 1 postive from the board about a rebuild and push for next season.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:30 am

The club needs a fresh start from the top down. Tan selling will be the start of that, until that happens the club will continue to be a circus. Everyone knows that needs to happen, so stop buying season tickets and going to the games to force Tans hand. Let's get our club back :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:26 am

tangledupinblue wrote:Another season of sideways rigid football with inverted predictable width no intensity or press? And another season of criticizing and blaming everyone apart from himself?

Please NO!!!!!!!!

It isn’t even a style of football. Gutted Had high hopes.

And substitutions?! Bizarre. No stability outside of the back 5

How can anyone claim to be a fan of his? I’m open minded, I bleed blue, I don’t want s revolving door of managers. Please tell us.

Exactly mate, I feel the same.

We had a very good start to the season until everyone cottoned on to his predictable game plan and it's been mainly down hill since. If Bulut is here next season he needs to completely change tactics or we'll be relegated with him in charge.