Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Next season only 5 3pm kick offs

Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:15 pm

Due to the new TV deal struck by the EFL each team will only get 5 home games kicking off at 3pm on a Saturday. The rest will be Friday night or 11.30, 13.30 or 17.30 on a Saturday and a few on a Sunday.

Re: Next season only 5 3pm kick offs

Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:55 pm

Unbelievable :banghead:

Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:59 pm

Awful but I'll still be renewing my yearly season pass for city tv despite the very early starts (for me) getting harder & harder.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:01 pm

They don't give a f**k about the fans, they never have

Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:19 pm

This is not news though? It was announced a while back and I’ve reminded people of it all season.

There will be more games from League One and League Two on TV too.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:12 pm

After todays performance....
along with the many times I've come away from the ground feeling flat and disappointed the past few seasons;
and the fact they are taking away our Saturday afternoon football for the sake armchair fans watching on TV, I certainly will not be getting a season ticket for next season.
I'll pay on the day on Saturdays and otherwise stay at home watching Cardiff for the televised games.

As long as this current mob own and run the club; this 'loyal supporter' nonsense after many years attending almost every home game ends here! :wave:

Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:52 pm

Public transport to get to games for 3 o'clock kick off is bad enough ,those times are dreadful

Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:18 pm

Mmm.., crap team, fecked around with ko times, and Tan. Attractive.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:40 am

I’ve not heard about this before , shocking!
Footballs gone . It long became more about the TV fans . The people who actually turn up are solely needed for the tv backdrop .

Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:11 am

Was looking to get me and the lad back on the season ticket train next year as he'll be U14 for his footie and they do 9-10am kick offs locally.

Only 5 3pms - not worth it for us. Friday nights - knackered after a week in work.
11.30 - lad would potentially still be on the pitch himself, or I'd be involved in taking/packing kit away as I'm one of the coaches.
Sundays - thats family visiting time - set in stone and not up for debate.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:25 am

or 12:30 kick off for the south wales derby next season as they like the earlier kick offs for the derby.

Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:38 am

Cant physically get to Cardiff for anything Monday to Friday with work finishing late.

Football for the fans.