Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Karlan Grant:

Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:30 am

Karlan Grant who returns to WBA this May.

Karlan Grant:

“I’ve enjoyed it here," Grant said. "Everyone has been very welcoming.”

“ The fans have been great with me and the staff, everyone affiliated with the club have been great. I’ve definitely matured as a player. I do still see myself as a goalscorer and I probably haven’t done that enough this season, but I’ve learned a lot about myself and how I can be an asset to the team. I’ve managed to do that here and I’ve enjoyed it. Hopefully, I can continue that and add more goals.“

"We'll have to see [re the future]. I've still got years left on my contract at West Brom, so it's a conversation for the clubs to have. I'll go back and have a chat with my representatives and we'll see what the best option is for me. It's [a season-long loan] a first time for me. I've never done it before.

"It'll be interesting. Like I said I've still got a couple of years left on my contract at West Brom. I will be going back there but we'll see how things pan out. It'll depend on the situation. I'll have a conversation with the manager and my representatives and see what the best outcome is for me, because ultimately it's about my career.

"I want to play games, that's the most important thing and I've been lucky enough to do that this year. I don't think sitting on a bench is fun for any player, and I've enjoyed being able to come here and play. The manager has shown a lot of trust in me which I'm grateful for.”

"I still speak to some of the players [at Albion], I've made some good friends there. As regards to everyone else at the club, I think they're focusing on their own goals, they're looking to fight for the playoffs. I haven't heard much from them but I don't take it personally. They're focusing on their season and letting me focus on mine. I don't see it as a negative."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Karlan Grant:

Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:49 am

The Bulut effect on him.Grown up a bit?

You'll go a long way to find a baggies fan that's got a good word about him but I suppose if we'd have paid 15m for him we might have a different view.
The possibility of making him a permanent might not be as far fetched as we think, after all , they paid 8m for Ken and gave up on him. :lol:

Re: Karlan Grant:

Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:09 pm

I would like us to bring him in on a permanent. Cost wise though how much of a loss on that 15m are will willing to take?