Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PROOF: WALES AND OUR STADIUM

Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:33 pm

There has been heavy debate about the poor atmosphere' at the Cardiff City Stadium since it opened in 2009 and some felt it was the stadium design and not the people in it...

The odd match (Man City being the biggest one that springs to mind) showed that an 'atmoshphere' can be generated and there have been other 'glimpses' in club football...

But when it boils down to it, it took Wales as a football nation to lead by example and show exactly how the CCS can literally 'rock' when the supporters 'buy into it'...

Well done Wales' loyal and vociferous supporters; you've shown it can be done...

Now come on you Bluebirds, ramp it up; it's your stadium...! :bluebird: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: PROOF: WALES AND OUR STADIUM

Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:49 pm

We all know why it's poor, the seating arrangements are shocking family stand need to swap with the canton

then we have the poor performances, aswell as lack of investment in the team.

So many factors, maybe Nash can stop thinking about perfect numbers and get the stands swapped others clubs do it so I can't see why we can't

Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 pm

kyle08 wrote:We all know why it's poor, the seating arrangements are shocking family stand need to swap with the canton

So many factors, maybe Nash can stop thinking about perfect numbers and get the stands swapped others clubs do it so I can't see why we can't

Did you also notice the segregation of the Polish fans? It was hardly anything, so why when Cardiff play is there such an overkill? Did this Nash guy have no say on the day?

Would like to meet this tool and give him a piece of my mind. The bloke's killing our atmosphere.

Can't we get this plonker Nash out of our club?

Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 pm

Agree with all the posters here.
Sort the stadium segregation/ fan positioning out, give us an entertaining team that actually scores goals and you never know, a Wales type atmosphere may result!

Now is the time for change with it being 125th anniversary - sort it out City and start by appointing a competent stadium manager.

Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 pm

kyle08 wrote:We all know why it's poor, the seating arrangements are shocking family stand need to swap with the canton

Disagree.

The stadium plan has been the same since we moved in and there have been City games where there’s been a brilliant atmosphere.

Equally I’ve been to away games where we’ve been next to the vocal home support and the atmosphere has been dead.

It’s too easy for people to blame the stadium or the stadium plan - it’s also not true.

People have rose tinted glasses when it comes to the Ninian Park atmosphere.

Yes it was brilliant at times but there were also times when it was extremely flat and a depressing place to be.

Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Disagree.

The stadium plan has been the same since we moved in and there have been City games where there’s been a brilliant atmosphere.

Equally I’ve been to away games where we’ve been next to the vocal home support and the atmosphere has been dead.

It’s too easy for people to blame the stadium or the stadium plan - it’s also not true.

Yes it was brilliant at times but there were also times when it was extremely flat and a depressing place to be.

There were plenty of games with a decent atmosphere at CCS when we first moved there as Chops and Bothroyd were banging them in for fun... Play off match v Leicester, QPR when we were both pushing for promotion, beating Man City who were Champions in our first [?] home game in the prem, beating Fulham 1-0 in the first game back in blue, beating the Wurzels after being 2-0 down inside 15 mins, the Jacks with Chopras last gasp winner to name just a few. This says to me its not the stadium, but mostly the rubbish we have had to watch in more recent times that is killing it. Nash has no idea, but its not all his fault - football is supposed to be entertainment, bring that back and the atmosphere may follow...

Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Disagree.

There were plenty of games with a decent atmosphere at CCS when we first moved there as Chops and Bothroyd were banging them in for fun... Play off match v Leicester, QPR when we were both pushing for promotion, beating Man City who were Champions in our first [?] home game in the prem, beating Fulham 1-0 in the first game back in blue, beating the Wurzels after being 2-0 down inside 15 mins, the Jacks with Chopras last gasp winner to name just a few. This says to me its not the stadium, but mostly the rubbish we have had to watch in more recent times that is killing it. Nash has no idea, but its not all his fault - football is supposed to be entertainment, bring that back and the atmosphere may follow...

Agree with everything you’ve said there.

Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 pm

I would be highly surprised if Nash isn't the stadium manager for the Wales games where the away fans are where the away fans are sited. The family stand is where the family stand is sectioned for Cardiff games, the red wall :lol: is where our version are and the posh seats are the posh seats.

If we had we had a good run after Christmas more day trippers would turn up for city games and the atmosphere without the brass band would be the same.

For a standard championship season, the stadium is too big, most of us have season tickets so there's no novelty in going to the games, in fact since Covid it's been a bloody chore. We need the casual fans as a lot of them are old schoolers who go for it on big games to swell the numbers.

Theres nothing wrong with the stadium and we are never ever going to swap the stands, its was designed to be like that because of who we were and I can never see them changing it

Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 pm

I thought the Welsh support was OK Tuesday night, but I do think the Polish fans were amazing all game. Never stopped singing and chanting. Crossed my mind if they lost it would have kicked off too.

Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:13 pm

Segregation is the problem different for cardiff games to wales games thats my gripe we don' t see overkill at .ost championship games usually a line of stewards
ours looks rediculious

Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 pm

Ours is a stadium for premier league/ international football games .if god forbid we ever plunged down to league 1 /2 the atmosphere I imagine with 7/8000 in attendance would be dire it can be pretty poor with 20000 in the championship .

Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 pm

skiprat wrote:Ours is a stadium for premier league/ international football games .if god forbid we ever plunged down to league 1 /2 the atmosphere I imagine with 7/8000 in attendance would be dire it can be pretty poor with 20000 in the championship .

I can never understand
most fans want a great atmosphere with a packed stadium but for that to happen these fans have to turn up to make it happen
i hear lots of fans saying they don't go because its a sh.t atmosphere but they are the cause of a sh.t atmosphere for staying away e en if tge foitball is not great you can still enjoy a packed stadium
wales v poland as an example.

Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 pm

The atmosphere for the welsh games in ccs are always class I love going to these games the difference is when I go watch wales the stadiums always sellout, the games are always big important decisive matches but most the faces I see there are the 1s I see at home games with Cardiff . The difference is you cannot create atmosphere when there so much doom and gloom hanging over us and nothing to be optasmistic about .its the nagative way we play is not helping then you look around so many empty seats ,35 minutes into games most are leaving for refreshments same 10 minutes from end most are leaving beat traffic .you do not get this when our country are playing it’s not about anything to do with stadium it’s about what your watching in the stadium and what’s at stake

Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:50 am

I’ve always said there’s nothing wrong with the stadium itself for atmosphere but totally agree it would be a lot better changing canton and family stands around :bluescarf:
Always remember when Gabor Gyepes got sent off in a night game and the lowish crowd got right behind the team. :bluescarf:

Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:27 am

There's been great atmospheres over the years at our games since opening, people need to stop blaming the stadium its the fan's that create the atmosphere not concrete stands , there's rose tinted glasses about ninian Park no different to our ground now some games at the old lady you could hear a pin drop.

Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:28 am

theclaw wrote:I’ve always said there’s nothing wrong with the stadium itself for atmosphere but totally agree it would be a lot better changing canton and family stands around :bluescarf:
Always remember when Gabor Gyepes got sent off in a night game and the lowish crowd got right behind the team. :bluescarf:

Never going to happen that and I get the reason for and against tbh

Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:38 am

Family stand is a joke there’s more under 10s in the Ninian and Canton Stand than in the Family Stand