Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vincent Tan takes legal action in civil court.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:07 am

This week Vincent Tan took more legal action in a civil court.

23rd March 2024

The legal action by Vince Tan / Cardiff City against McKay over the recovery of documents related to the transfer of Emiliano Sala from FC Nantes had been settled.

It’s ongoing legal action against football agent Willie McKay who was involved in the Emiliano Sala transfer.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226

Legal action in Cardiff was taken by the Vincent Tans lawyers on behalf of Cardiff City this week against McKay for the further disclosure of documents while a contempt of court hearing is set for April 10 2024.

Meanwhile, the club’s legal case against Nantes was the subject of a preliminary hearing in the French city. It was to hear what both sides intend offering up as evidence in the multi-million pound compensation claim by Cardiff City.

Reliable sources tell me that a full case hearing is not expected for several months so the saga will drag up for some time yet unless the case is settled out of court.

As mentioned previously the hearing will be in a civil court before business people rather than legal judges so that the“ balance of probability” argument is a more relevant factor than might otherwise be the case.

The only problem is Mckay has no assets and could just keep us running, as to the Nantes civil court case, Tan is hoping that Nantes eventually settle and some of the fee City paid gets recouped, costs over the years run into £millions any hopes of getting them back will be very slim.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=204226
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Vincent Tan takes legal action in civil court.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:20 am

This club don't half love the legal system, I just hope the club atleast wins a few for once

Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:29 am

Tan let’s hear more about running our club and going forward instead of court case court case. I would love to know what our whole legal costs from day and have been and will never see them costs again. McKay is a crook and a skint crook we will again spend big money on barristers and no one to get the money back from

Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:30 am

kyle08 wrote:This club don't half love the legal system, I just hope the club atleast wins a few for once

Mate, I reckon we’ve had more court cases under tan than any other football club has had in their history, he needs to learn how to actually run a football club

Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:38 pm

Ninian27 wrote:
kyle08 wrote:This club don't half love the legal system, I just hope the club atleast wins a few for once

Mate, I reckon we’ve had more court cases under tan than any other football club has had in their history, he needs to learn how to actually run a football club

Unlike you, who knows everything about running a club.

Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:51 pm

eddie j wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:

Unlike you who knows everything about running a club.

So mate your happy with how tan is running the club?
Struggle every year, debt never goes down, manager after manager?
How is his Belgium club doing?

Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:31 pm

Tan is more in court than out of court he’s always in court with his malisian business for 1 thing or other

Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:20 pm

eddie j wrote:
Ninian27 wrote:

Unlike you, who knows everything about running a club.

hmm, you think he knows how to run a club ? are we still in debt, have we also failed to sign quality players in the last few years ?

Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:23 pm

Ninian27 wrote:

He needs to realise we ain't in Malaysia where he is so used to getting his own way no matter what, here you actually got to go through a system with every chance of winning and loosing

Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:14 pm

In my opinion our club will never move forward until the ES situation is fully resolved and concluded. I have thought this for a long time,,,, but time will indeed tell,,,, hopefully sooner rather than later .

Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:46 pm

That's TWO anti Mr Tan / club threads I looked at in two minutes of looking on here.

A cynical person might think it was planned, funny how the other side of the argument is left out.

Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:57 pm

JulesK wrote:That's TWO anti Mr Tan / club threads I looked at in two minutes of looking on here.

A cynical person might think it was planned, funny how the other side of the argument is left out.

what other side ? everyone is entitled to an opinion, we probably wont win any of the cases we would of already if we was going to.

id rather tan pull his finger out sorting this debt and getting a better team, rather than wasting money constantly loosing in court, annis having a say on it doesnt make it anti tan it makes him a realist ffs

Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:31 pm

JulesK wrote:That's TWO anti Mr Tan / club threads I looked at in two minutes of looking on here.

Jules let’s make it three or even 20 because as far as I am concerned and any caring Cardiff City fan our club is virtually fucked under this Regime.

Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:33 pm

kyle08 wrote:

what other side ? everyone is entitled to an opinion, we probably wont win any of the cases we would of already if we was going to.

id rather tan pull his finger out sorting this debt and getting a better team, rather than wasting money constantly loosing in court, annis having a say on it doesnt make it anti tan it makes him a realist ffs

Exactly Kyle,

Everyone can have an option on Tan, but I have to say watch Jules he changed like the weather.
At least we have never changed on Tan.

Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:25 am

Oh don't start....
How many times have I got to say I want new owners!!!

Listen now kyle never mind with the ffs cos you're a mod, A simple bit of learning for you..
FACT. TAN HAS NOT LOST EVERY COURT CASE SO AS SO MUCH THAT NATURALLY MEANS THERE IS ANOTHER SIDE.

OR do you mean only certain opinions are allowed?

Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:37 am

JulesK wrote:Oh don't start....
How many times have I got to say I want new owners!!!

Listen now kyle never mind with the ffs cos you're a mod, A simple bit of learning for you..
FACT. TAN HAS NOT LOST EVERY COURT CASE SO AS SO MUCH THAT NATURALLY MEANS THERE IS ANOTHER SIDE.

OR do you mean only certain opinions are allowed?

Jules,

My question which ones has he won before the one McKay has been told to give papers up?

Please say the cases Tan has won?

Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:47 am

Annis my friend, honestly I'm done mate, yes he has lost cases but isn't it also honest to put he has won some for balance and openess?

Isaacs. Insurance broker.etc.

Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:15 am

JulesK wrote:Annis my friend, honestly I'm done mate, yes he has lost cases but isn't it also honest to put he has won some for balance and openess?

Isaacs. Insurance broker.etc.

Isaacs yes he could not fail , I put that out way before.

Insurance they are actually still waiting on.

Your done because you know I am right Tan has lost us £millions beyond in court cases and you know this.

See you in a few months again back on here lol

Jules, you know Tan is not running our club right, you know there is NO future with him.

I only asked you a simple question.

Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:55 pm

I answered you many many many times with same answer ( just to put your " change like the weather" to bed )
No, I'm done as I have an opinion and believe it or not it's just as good as yours. Clue is its a forum.

Why will you see me in a few months anyway?
Oh well perhaps we will have the new owner I so badly want by then.

Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:26 pm

JulesK wrote:I answered you many many many times with same answer ( just to put your " change like the weather" to bed )
No, I'm done as I have an opinion and believe it or not it's just as good as yours. Clue is its a forum.

Why will you see me in a few months anyway?
Oh well perhaps we will have the new owner I so badly want by then.

I’m glad your still here Jules, I would miss your banter.

Glad we have one thing in common we need a new owner.

Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:06 pm

Sorry mate but you're stuck with me lol.