Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Ok Cardiff City Fans / Bulut / The Squad “

Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:06 am

Bulut has repeated we are all in this together:

City can relax , NO Pressure so for me 8 games left, we can bring in Joel Colwil, Cian Ashford , play Rubin Colwill more and play players who are here more.

Bulut can see our strengths and weaknesses with who is left in our squad.

Let’s also finish on a high and say 8 games left, get 15 points:

29/03/2024 15:00 Cardiff City v Sunderland Crowd Away Support

01/04/2024 15:00 Coventry City v Cardiff City
06/04/2024 15:00 Cardiff City v Hull City
10/04/2024 19:45 Birmingham City (a)
13/04/2024 15:00 Millwall (a)
20/04/2024 15:00 Southampton (h)
27/04/2024 15:00 Middlesbrough (h)

04/05/2024 15:00 Rotherham United (a)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Ok Cardiff City Fans / Bulut / The Squad “

Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:29 pm

I think you’re right but that experimentation will only happen if Bulut is given a new contract now. If he isn’t then he may feel that he still has to prove himself and therefore play safe and pick his best/safest XI.

The decision needs to be made now for the good of everyone.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:36 pm

Agree.

The difference in money to finish a few places higher is not that much in the Championship. You get bigger differences between prize money for places in the PL.

So if we finished say 12th instead of 10th then the prize money wouldn’t be too much different.

We won’t be top six and we won’t be relegated.

So yes, we may as well give these young players a chance now - starting on Good Friday.

In that I include both of the Colwills, Ashford and possibly even Antwi.

Keep playing Grant as I believe we will try and keep him. Same goes for Phillips and possibly Wilson-Esbrand.

But players like Bowler won’t be at the club next season so don’t start them.

The planning for next season should be happening now.

Also absolutely crucial they either trigger Bulut’s contract extension or start looking for a replacement.

I still say keep Bulut, he’s not perfect but we could do a lot worse.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:15 pm

Agree but perhaps not starting yet,20 mins at the end of games.I still would like a top ten finish so we should still take seriously but do agree let’s play players who are probably going to be here next season.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:55 pm

Well it does not feel we are all in it together.

Where is the reaction from the club with regards to that display last Saturday. While us fans suffer it feels the club do not give a shit.

Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

There are not many decisions though apart from Rubin and Tanner

Colwill jnr and Ashford are nowhere near championship level so a simple 30 min introduction to the fans and they are shipped out to L2 or national league teams for 24/25. They need to play mens football from now on, so need to go to a level where they start nearly every game.

Eli King & Davies won't be back until the summer, they look like they have improved for regular games.

We know what Grant and Philips can do, if the money is there it's a no brainer. No thanks to Bowler, Deidhou, and Wilson Esbrand looks a midfielder without the physicality you need in the championship.

The only experiment is Perry in a 3 for Bulut to witness and how to max Turnbull and Rubin.

not sure what else he can do

Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:34 pm

Bakedalasker

I'd agree with you.

I would rather we'd have lost to Ipswich and then thrown the kitchen sink at the Jacks.

It feels to me like there's no real togetherness or connection with the fans - that result against the Vermin was all too familiar and predictable - why does it kero happening? The underlying mentality and attitude at the Club starts with the manager, his staff and the owners - they need to sort it out now or they'll lose ST sales.

I suspect some the players may think the season is over and they've done enough - some may have been on the sauce at Cheltenham I understand?
Well, here's a wake up call from me: if you can't be bothered fighting to win against the Jacks the next time we play them, get out of the club.

The fans want serious commitment in derby matches so get your balls on the line EVERY time!

Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:04 am

piledriver64 wrote:I think you’re right but that experimentation will only happen if Bulut is given a new contract now. If he isn’t then he may feel that he still has to prove himself and therefore play safe and pick his best/safest XI.

The decision needs to be made now for the good of everyone.

Spot On - Does the manager give some of the younger players a run out ???
Keep to the same players as you say to keep it safe ???
Some of these players on loan will be going back to their clubs in the next few months - do they want to be here ???