Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea will always want it more than us.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:08 pm

Swansea players will always want to win the derby game more than us as it's in the clubs DNA. This comes from the time when Toshack was their manager, when he said no matter how well or poor Swansea are playing in the league the fans insist the team puts in a performance against Cardiff, even when they were in devision 1 and we were bobbing around in devision 3 and we played them in the Welsh cup he said this was the biggest game of the season.

We how ever no matter who the manager is our who owns the club or who plays for us it's just another game! And this will never change until we have a team with a core of home grown players.

I won't be surprised if they do the double over us again next season.

Only Michael Duff stopped them doing it this season by changing their style of play.

Re: Swansea will always want it more than us.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:42 pm

dazza wrote:Swansea players will always want to win the derby game more than us as it's in the clubs DNA. This comes from the time when Toshack was their manager, when he said no matter how well or poor Swansea are playing in the league the fans insist the team puts in a performance against Cardiff, even when they were in devision 1 and we were bobbing around in devision 3 and we played them in the Welsh cup he said this was the biggest game of the season.

We how ever no matter who the manager is our who owns the club or who plays for us it's just another game! And this will never change until we have a team with a core of home grown players.

Only Michael Duff stopped them doing it this season by changing their style of play.

No we stopped them by being better team..... but their fans do think playing and beating us is all there is in football ... whilst our fans show an indifference to them ...I'm in that group

Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:54 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dazza wrote:Swansea players will always want to win the derby game more than us as it's in the clubs DNA. This comes from the time when Toshack was their manager, when he said no matter how well or poor Swansea are playing in the league the fans insist the team puts in a performance against Cardiff, even when they were in devision 1 and we were bobbing around in devision 3 and we played them in the Welsh cup he said this was the biggest game of the season.

No we stopped them by being better team..... but their fans do think playing and beating us is all there is in football ... whilst our fans show an indifference to them ...I'm in that group

lol where do we show an indifference to them?
The fact we keep saying this proves it. If we really were indifferent we wouldn’t be post at all about it we wouldn’t have a fair few threads leading to the same thing. We wouldn’t have had threads winding them up when we beat them. But we rivals and it’s amazing to have a rivalry like this it’s what makes being a football fan so amazing. Get wound up get annoyed it shows the passion and pride in the club.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:57 pm

I think it be different if Sam was here he whip us and the team up to be proud to beat the folk down west. Just needs the right person. Unless we really are the blandest self entitled fans in the country. Which I don’t belive we are.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:28 pm

The fans should demand that from the directors manager players and the bloody tea lady

Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:37 pm

It's never going to be equal, we have a healthy rivalry with them, but there's is unhealthy, slightly crass and dangerous

I wouldn't want the club to lower itself by getting involved with terrace banter over football hooliganism, its distasteful. Cardiff will always be Jonny Big bollox who needs cutting down for a multitude of reasons, it goes beyond football. They have to travel through the outskirts of the city to join civilisation, it just reminds them every week who we are. I haven't been further than Sarn for 10 years.

We can never match that, we just need to be better at football than them. They were shot after 60 mins but we couldn't finish them off.

I said on the other forum I live closer to Ashton Gate than the Liberty, yes they are our number one football rivals but I couldn't give a fcuk whatever happens in Swansea every story on the Welsh news or WoL winds them up.

We can't match that scouse sense of injustice

Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:47 pm

Iceblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

lol where do we show an indifference to them?
The fact we keep saying this proves it. If we really were indifferent we wouldn’t be post at all about it we wouldn’t have a fair few threads leading to the same thing. We wouldn’t have had threads winding them up when we beat them. But we rivals and it’s amazing to have a rivalry like this it’s what makes being a football fan so amazing. Get wound up get annoyed it shows the passion and pride in the club.

Should said some of our fans show indifference to them... not all fans think beating them is the only thing in football! Mind you some think beating them is preferable to get promotion!!
Getting beaten by team who played better is what happens in football I would be more annoyed at losing any game to injury time goal than losing to them when they deserved to win..... its a matter of perspective

Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:24 am

This is brilliant and why they always get it. All this arrogance from us, capital city bollox, they want it more and until we realise we do to, we will more often than not lose.
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/NKbSDr ... tid=WC7FNe