Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Negative Tactics

Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:24 pm

From excellent last week to that dross in one of THE most important games in the season?

Why did we sit so deep? Why no urgency or press? Why was Turnball playng like a second striker, when our
midfield was plainly over run? Why inverted wingers when Grant excelled right v Tractor Boys?

As good as we were v Ipswich those tactics were all over the place ...against Swansea Town aswell?!

Re: Negative Tactics

Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:29 pm

Now we know why Bulut has not been offered the extension.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:51 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Now we know why Bulut has not been offered the extension.

Sadly I think you're right pal that wasn't good enough

Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:57 pm

Wiggy wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Now we know why Bulut has not been offered the extension.

Sadly I think you're right pal that wasn't good enough

Its not just this game but quite a few others too.

Tbf to him he has got been given the players we all expected for him. So from that I just feel the board want to see more from him before investing.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:14 pm

Why dont people give swans credit for way they didn't allow us to play? No one complained about lineup so why not credit swans and let them enjoy winning their cup final... got nothing else to cheer about .....

Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:16 pm

Swansea came out like it was an FA cup final, us like a park game. But in regards to tactics, we definatley struggle vs teams who keep the ball and pass it around at the back.

We seem to be competitive against the top teams and struggle vs the weaker who try keep the ball

Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:24 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Why dont people give swans credit for way they didn't allow us to play? No one complained about lineup so why not credit swans and let them enjoy winning their cup final... got nothing else to cheer about .....

Well I was not happy with the team wanted Colwill and rolls playing. The second half subs was a much more attacking team. He is a negative manager- even against Ipswich he only got going when we were 1 nil down and brought on the attacking players.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Why dont people give swans credit for way they didn't allow us to play? No one complained about lineup so why not credit swans and let them enjoy winning their cup final... got nothing else to cheer about .....

100% agree. Frankly, I hate the derby because of all the disproportionate noise around this one bloody game. Swansea won this game of football, we won the last one, move on

Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:29 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:

100% agree. Frankly, I hate the derby because of all the disproportionate noise around this one bloody game. Swansea won this game of football, we won the last one, move on

You sound like Dave jones

Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:37 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:

Well not everyone thinks its the end of the world when lose! no body complained when beat them in September .. managers get it right and wrong their manager got it right used bully tactics on players like NG miete it worked 1st half got a goal tactics a success... we changed things 2nd half they went back to their normal game ...rest we know.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:42 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:

Well not everyone thinks its the end of the world when lose! no body complained when beat them in September .. managers get it right and wrong their manager got it right used bully tactics on players like NG miete it worked 1st half got a goal tactics a success... we changed things 2nd half they went back to their normal game ...rest we know.

Why would anyone complain when we win :|

We are not claiming the end of the world but are very angry about that performance. That's the passion coming out of the fans of which the club could learn a lot from us.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:56 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:

Why would anyone complain when we win :|

We are not claiming the end of the world but are very angry about that performance. That's the passion coming out of the fans of which the club could learn a lot from us.

Like the same fans saying bulut not worth a new contract... and same fans saying won't get better than him with tan here? Contrary to the extreme.......How did city win last week with luck and no passion i presume? Today bad day at office unfortunately it was against them
Ps yes some on here complain when we win regularly.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:04 pm

This thread has such an essence of if we win its because of the players, and if we loose its because of the manager.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:10 pm

TaffEmbankment wrote:This thread has such an essence of if we win its because of the players, and if we loose its because of the manager.

I totally agree...! :ayatollah:

The manager apparently went ballistic with the players at half-time and at the end; and rightly so with most of them...! :clap:

Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:40 pm

Sven wrote:
TaffEmbankment wrote:This thread has such an essence of if we win its because of the players, and if we loose its because of the manager.

The manager apparently went ballistic with the players at half-time and at the end; and rightly so with most of them...! :clap:

Nah, I can’t have that!

Everyone in south wales knew this was it. The jacks can do nothing all season but beating Cardiff is ALL YOU HAVE TO DO!!!

Turnbull, Bowler and Wilson haven’t demonstrated the fight that you needed for this fixture. It was never going to be a football contest it was a fight.

Losing because of lucky deflection is fine but lack of application was mental

Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:44 pm

Sven wrote:

Fair play if he thought the player's attitude was wrong but if ever a game was made for us to play with freedom and put more emphasis on attack, this was it.

Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:50 pm

Sven wrote:

Well he accused some of hiding and not far off truth there..
But sort of damned if does damned if dont regarding tactics? Attack at beginning could seen us 2 down in first 15mins ..... defend is OK if dont concede 1st.... the goal dictated the rest of game simply because we know if go behind generally can't get back in game do it proved even when used subs which improved things...
The other thing we was not prepared for their cheating tactics which really put the players off particularly NG & miete ...we are just not good enough to combat different tactics used by teams today not 1st time we've performed poorly
In that regard

Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:25 pm

I said last week "Wiggy has been quiet, wait for us to lose and he will be back"

Whilst I appreciate and respect your opinion, you yourself are very negative. I don't think that there's a manager in the world you would be happy with

Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:44 pm

Modern day football is about high press high tempo we have neither without pace your team is fucked they made us look stupid yet again it hurts I hate this team of ours it’s so shit it’s not the manager if players can’t get up for this game they just need to leave it there half hearted performance is nowhere near good enough yet again second best to Swansea

Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:19 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:I said last week "Wiggy has been quiet, wait for us to lose and he will be back"

Whilst I appreciate and respect your opinion, you yourself are very negative. I don't think that there's a manager in the world you would be happy with

Mate with respect I gave him credit last week...Again if you're happy with that shower of &*&*e today, as I fan I ain't! What was there to be positive about today - feckin' pies were decent? The most inept derby performance I can remember.

The manager's bewildering tactics are back again, in a game we should be high press and in there faces. I can't recall one
crunching tackle all game? One decent strike on goal? Bulut should have gone for their throat today should he not?

As for team selection we beat Ipswich with Grant playing on his natural side and Colwill providing the sparks.Today we were back to his inverted wingers (still a waste of time), creating nothing . As for playing Turnbull that far forward, when his midfield was being over run.... I despair.

The Bulut "love in" for some continues, whilst others can probably see he isn't learning from mistakes. We just beg to differ pal it's called opinions. Have a look at what pros like Leggy arw saying, people that have played the game. I'll call the manager out after that nonsense today, tactics, motivation, inspiration, passion, nowhere near good enough.

Up the city! :bluescarf:

Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:09 am

Sven wrote:

:thumbup:

Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:38 am

Is anyone surprised with that pile of shit?! Normal service resumed. All was shocking, but special mention to Meite, Bowler, and Wintle. Special special mention for Wintle, Ralls must be one disappointed chap because this guy can’t pass water, what an awful player, headless chicken.

Live in Florida now, and wish I stayed in bed…! Shocking!!!