Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wow Breaking as Reading FC set to sell:

Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:34 pm

Sky Sports:

Reading set to sell their Training ground to little Wycombe Wanderers

Wycombe Wanderers are set to purchase Reading fc training ground Bearwood Park.

This has come as a total shock
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Wow Breaking as Reading FC set to sell:

Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:01 pm

Wow! That's a huge sign of their times...! :shock:

What next? Wycombe Royals FC...? :o :cry:

Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:06 pm

Lower leagues are in a mess more and more clubs failing.... Torquay set for administration snd 10 point deduction....... to me all football club assets like training ground/stadium should not be saleable as separate entities far to many clubs being screwed by unscrupulous owners.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:29 pm

Wycombe Fan Billy Crawford:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:03 pm

I don't like Tan and I don't want him at our club but it could be worse.

Gotta feel for those Reading fans

Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:08 pm

Wycombe FC:

Wycombe Wanderers can confirm they are engaged with Reading Football Club in expectation of the purchase of the Bearwood Park training facility.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:18 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:I don't like Tan and I don't want him at our club but it could be worse.

Gotta feel for those Reading fans

I would rather lose my training ground, players can train anywhere.

Than be Stripped of our full identity.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Wycombe Fan Billy Crawford:

Although I agree with what is said here by the Wycombe fan, theres also the other side of the argument to consider.

Yes, first Bury, then potentially Reading and then at some point it will be another club.

I would however not have any problems if City managed to secure a training ground if it meant protecting the future of our club over another.
If Wycombe need to purchase this ground to protect their future or project themselves higher than others then go for it. Every team in the whole English footballing system is fighting to be the top dog. Reading have had the same rules, the same restrictions and the same chances as everyone else and although its sad, Wycombe have seen an opportunity for themselves and have gone with it.

I would hope Cardiff would put themselves first over other teams too

Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:53 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:

Although I agree with what is said here by the Wycombe fan, theres also the other side of the argument to consider.

Yes, first Bury, then potentially Reading and then at some point it will be another club.

I would however not have any problems if City managed to secure a training ground if it meant protecting the future of our club over another.
If Wycombe need to purchase this ground to protect their future or project themselves higher than others then go for it. Every team in the whole English footballing system is fighting to be the top dog. Reading have had the same rules, the same restrictions and the same chances as everyone else and although its sad, Wycombe have seen an opportunity for themselves and have gone with it.

You've missed his point slightly by buying their training facility it makes Readings future more unstable than it already is....and another club should not profit from another clubs financial troubles buy it cheap .... he is not happy with his own club .... football is a family "
note" Bournemouth fans paid for every coach of Luton fans last night .... not be scavengers picking bones clean of club. I wouldn't want city to do it.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:26 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:

You've missed his point slightly by buying their training facility it makes Readings future more unstable than it already is....and another club should not profit from another clubs financial troubles buy it cheap .... he is not happy with his own club .... football is a family "
note" Bournemouth fans paid for every coach of Luton fans last night .... not be scavengers picking bones clean of club. I wouldn't want city to do it.

I see now, yes I have missed the point I think

I agree with you

Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:58 pm

READING TRAINING GROUND:

Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:22 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:

I see now, yes I have missed the point I think

I agree with you

Personally I would like to see rule that owners are not allowed to sell ground on its own ground should come with the club? Far to many clubs made homeless or have other financial problems because owners make money at clubs expense by selling infrastructure like training/stadium very cheaply. Gone on for many years. Though

Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:48 pm

I think the point I was trying to make with my post was that the owner of Reading is a lot richer than Tan is, yet has dragged that club through a terrible time by complete and utter negligence.

He has caused them to be relegated, mow caused them to be even less investable than they already were.

He also was previously the owner of a club in China that were wound up so he has previous of this sort of thing.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:05 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:I think the point I was trying to make with my post was that the owner of Reading is a lot richer than Tan is, yet has dragged that club through a terrible time by complete and utter negligence.

He has caused them to be relegated, mow caused them to be even less investable than they already were.

He also was previously the owner of a club in China that were wound up so he has previous of this sort of thing.

They've been badly run since medjeski sold up.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:30 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:I think the point I was trying to make with my post was that the owner of Reading is a lot richer than Tan is, yet has dragged that club through a terrible time by complete and utter negligence.

They def have been, gone down hill since.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Annis the efl have done nothing to stop these owners ripping off clubs .. been going on for years never mind fit and proper owner test more like is efl fit and proper organisation to run football?

Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Annis the efl have done nothing to stop these owners ripping off clubs .. been going on for years never mind fit and proper owner test more like is efl fit and proper organisation to run football?

With you all the way Allan.

EFL have been useless.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

With you all the way Allan.

EFL have been useless.

Never mind owners... they are totally scared of premier league as on several occasions they've caved in and accepted bad financial terms and other things like academy players being allowed to be taken for next to nothing by premier league clubs ... what's 100k compensation when eventually kid could be worth millions as they usually are. Plus got that untrustworthy Ridsdale on board? :roll:

Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 pm

From the above picture not much of a training ground - I have seen better land for sale on " Homes Under The Hammer " ;)