Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Hereford / Cardiff City ‘

Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:13 am

ON THIS DAY 1988: Cardiff City Fans away at Hereford
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Hereford / Cardiff City ‘

Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:32 am

Forever Blue wrote:ON THIS DAY 1988: Cardiff City Fans away at Hereford

The wife and I often go to Hereford for the weekend and driving past Edgar Street always brings back memories. Surprising how many locals remember the rivalry between the 2 clubs, particularly in the 70s and 80s
The one the sticks in my memory the most though is the Welsh cup semi (early 80s ?). I had a trip to Hereford magistrates and a £300 fine because of that.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:12 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:ON THIS DAY 1988: Cardiff City Fans away at Hereford

The wife and I often go to Hereford for the weekend and driving past Edgar Street always brings back memories. Surprising how many locals remember the rivalry between the 2 clubs, particularly in the 70s and 80s
The one the sticks in my memory the most though is the Welsh cup semi (early 80s ?). I had a trip to Hereford magistrates and a £300 fine because of that.

Growing up from the early 1970’s We had a big rivalry with Hereford.

Every man and his dog wanted to go there.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:29 pm

That game in April 82 was the worst violence I've ever seen at a football match. Fighting with the Police endured the whole of the first half, and on into the second. I think it only stopped because everyone was knackered. Dogs and truncheons on the terraces.. don't know what got into half of our lot that warm early summer evening.
Ahh... the days of propper coppers before they were woke disabled.

Never saw that intensity scrapping for such a long period again..

Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:52 pm

I remember someone being stretchered away on an advertising hoarding and a lot of alsatians.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:26 pm

Not sure if it was this year, but I remember I was outside waiting for my dad. He was in the stand and everyone was stopped from leaving for ripping out the seats. He was about 70 at the time. It wasn't him!

Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:56 pm

That was my first City away game