Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Ramsey and Rubin Named ‘

Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:14 am

Wales captain Aaron Ramsey has been named in the squad for the decisive Euro 2024 play-off matches.

Ramsey was initially expected to miss out on the crunch week of international football after suffering a fresh calf problem a month ago following a five-month knee injury lay-off. But he has returned to Cardiff City training this week and is in contention to play in the semi-final match against Finland next Thursday.

Ramsey said last week: "It's coming along. Hopefully I'll be back on the grass next week. I'm optimistic and hopefully I'll be back on that pitch as soon as possible." Cardiff manager Erol Bulut then confirmed Ramsey trained on Tuesday, adding: "He will train with us and I hope everything goes well. How I know, he will also be with the Welsh national team.

"If he is playing or not, I don't know. I think the medical staff and him have to make a decision about that. But with us, he will be with us after the international break and fully until the end of the season
."

Wayne HENNESSEY (Nottingham Forest), Danny WARD (Leicester City), Tom KING (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Adam DAVIES (Sheffield United), Ben DAVIES (Tottenham Hotspur), Joe RODON (Leeds United, on loan from Tottenham Hotspur), Joe LOW (Wycombe Wanderers), Chris MEPHAM (Bournemouth), Ben CABANGO (Swansea City), Neco WILLIAMS (Nottingham Forest), Jay DASILVA (Coventry City), Connor ROBERTS (Leeds United- On loan from Burnley), Wes BURNS (Ipswich Town), Ethan AMPADU (Leeds United), Josh SHEEHAN (Bolton Wanderers), Dylan LEVITT (Hibernian), Jordan JAMES (Birmingham City), Charlie SAVAGE (Reading), Harry WILSON (Fulham), Nathan BROADHEAD (Ipswich Town), Aaron RAMSEY (Cardiff City), Rabbi MATONDO (Rangers), David BROOKS (Southampton- On loan from Bournemouth), Daniel JAMES (Leeds United), Liam CULLEN (Swansea City), Rubin COLWILL (Cardiff City), Brennan JOHNSON (Tottenham Hotspur), Kieffer MOORE (Ipswich Town, on loan from Bournemouth).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Ramsey and Rubin Named ‘

Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:51 pm

Being selfish I hope he hangs his international boots up.

Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:04 pm

If he plays for wales that's him done for Cardiff this year. :banghead: :banghead:

Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:14 pm

Club first. He should be withdrawn from the Wales squad.

Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:31 pm

I agree - club before country. Cardiff pay his wages afterall.

Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:10 pm

taff555 wrote:If he plays for wales that's him done for Cardiff this year. :banghead: :banghead:

Can see Page trying to play him for the full 90 minutes in both games if Wales get through.

Hope common sense prevails and he plays neither game but as Page needs to qualify to save his job I've no doubt there will be plenty of pressure put on Rambo to play.

Club over country for me every time.

Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:55 pm

Ramsey has had no game time and will not be match fit imo. Maybe bring him on off the bench later in the game to produce some magic or if needed for penalties.

Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:17 pm

I hope Page uses common sense and brings him on for 20 minutes.

If he starts him, then that’ll be him done for the season.

Realistically, Wales should get through the first game without him.

Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:24 pm

JulesK wrote:Being selfish I hope he hangs his international boots up.

For us Bluebirds, it will be a bitter/sweet occasion if Wales reach the Euros; but I believe Rambo is Wales through and through and that could just help us next season...

Far too much negativity towards him on here and I don't hear too many off-Forum sharing the same thoughts; and that's coming from someone who cares very little for internatiinal football...

Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:34 pm

As he is back in training, Ramsey should be included in the City squad before the international break. This is if he is to be placed by Rob Page. As mooted above, our club pays his wages. If he has to get injured, let this happen with the City rather than with Wales. The City for me over Wales always.

But for Ramsey’s long term future in the game, in my opinion he shouldn’t play any games until the start of April after he’s had time to regain full fitness. Playing time without this training will very likely only cause another injury with the resultant time out, yet again.

Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:45 pm

A joke. Page. Sven. Get real. He’s not fit for wales. Allegiance should be to play for City first after all this time absent. End of. We pay his bloody wages.

Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:10 pm

Brezza wrote:A joke. Page. Sven. Get real. He’s not fit for wales. Allegiance should be to play for City first after all this time absent. End of. We pay his bloody wages.

This is 100% correct.

Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:20 pm

Given he’s in the squad for Wales, I hope and expect him to be on the bench on Saturday.

Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:13 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Given he’s in the squad for Wales, I hope and expect him to be on the bench on Saturday.

That's the way I see it and as you said above Ned .

Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:23 pm

If he does not play any minutes for us on Saturday, there is no way on earth that he should play for Wales.

If he's not fit enough to play for his club, there is no way he is fit enough for international football, it is quite simple. :bluebird:

Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:28 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Given he’s in the squad for Wales, I hope and expect him to be on the bench on Saturday.

Maybe in squad on Saturday but Bulut said be ready after break?

Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:00 am

I don’t care if he’s on the bench for Saturday which implies it’s okay to be available for Wales. It was said he’s only on the grass yesterday. How can he be fit for Wales ? Bloody ridiculous. He’s a City player. We have barely seen him and by our standards pay him weekly massive wages. He should not have been selected. Page does so because he can and is in the last day saloon. He should have respected Cardiff City and done the right thing and not put this pressure on the player. This also shows Page how poor he is. A man who got the job through a default situation. I’m fuming.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:05 am

pembroke allan wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

It’s an interesting point.

I wonder if Page even bothered to consult Bulut before choosing him?

Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:18 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

It’s an interesting point.

I wonder if Page even bothered to consult Bulut before choosing him?

Could be there as a morale booster? Cannot believe he'll start but maybe last 20mins if needed? Personally he needs to start playing after the break but certainly not whole games

Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:39 am

Brezza wrote:A joke. Page. Sven. Get real. He’s not fit for wales. Allegiance should be to play for City first after all this time absent. End of. We pay his bloody wages.

Hmmm, I think you speed read my post...

Where did I say I thought he should play this game...?

I was talking about the future and the hard time some 'armchair experts' on here give him... ;)

Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:01 pm

Ramsey recalled to Wales, expect him to play against Swansea?

I think the first question should be if he can be with us. Then we think about if he can play. We are going to decide tomorrow if he will be in the squad or not.

Erol Bulut
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.