Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Time to increase the away end ?

Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:34 am

Off the top of my head the club will have been fortunate this season to have a sold out away end on 8 home games.

Valuable income for the club and increased average attendances which could only be a positive factor in the long term strategy of the club.

With the current situation in the family stand why not increase the away end to 4/5,000 for the really big games?

Re: Time to increase the away end ?

Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:01 am

Mr Ducie wrote:Off the top of my head the club will have been fortunate this season to have a sold out away end on 8 home games.

Valuable income for the club and increased average attendances which could only be a positive factor in the long term strategy of the club.

With the current situation in the family stand why not increase the away end to 4/5,000 for the really big games?

No that would give the away teams a greater advantage, keep the numbers the same, and put the price up 30% or so for away fans, especially for clubs who charge us a lot.

Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:08 am

I disagree bluebina, we need to campaign for football to become cheaper for everyone. We don't need tit for tat price increases. I can't see how the fan benefits from that

Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:15 am

Mr Ducie wrote:Off the top of my head the club will have been fortunate this season to have a sold out away end on 8 home games.

Sorry but this has to be the worst idea ever !!
5000 leeds fans overrunning our ground and outsinging us even more!! I'd rather wait until we play better football and eventually get back to the premier league and fill the ground with more cardiff fans. It will happen eventually

Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:18 am

Bluebina wrote:

No that would give the away teams a greater advantage, keep the numbers the same, and put the price up 30% or so for away fans, especially for clubs who charge us a lot.

I don’t think the level of away support has any bearing on a result these days. Bristol , Ipswich , Sheffield Wednesday, Swansea , have all brought big numbers and lost.

Similarly, we have lost at games where we have taken big support this season and won at places with very small numbers.

Sheffield Wednesday sell out nearly every away game and they could get relegated.

Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:36 pm

This is a bad idea, we already struggle to have an atmosphere at home these days and to give more of the stadium to an away teams takes away the small home edge we get.

Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:51 pm

Having more away fans is not a problem for other grounds so shouldn't be for us.... but more fans means more stewarding in ground more police outside ground and probably more restrictions for home fans after games so not worth the hassle.

Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:24 pm

Always thought they should move the family stand up to the red seats, much better view for kids, safe and well away from the away fans. Them they could give the away fans what’s now the family stand, increasing the amount of blocks they get towards the Ninian depending on demand.

Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:12 am

Just put the prices down for our fans better to fill seats with cheaper tickets than see them all empty

Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:12 am

Just put the prices down for our fans better to fill seats with cheaper tickets than see them all empty