Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ JOE RALLS SIGNS NEW CONTRACT “

Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:01 pm

Cardiff City Football Club are delighted to announce that captain Joe Ralls has signed a new contract!

Our skipper has signed a new deal initially until the end of the 2024/25 campaign.

An appearance-based one year extension is also included within this agreement, which would see the deal include the following 2025/26 campaign.

Joe joined the Bluebirds Academy at just 16-years-old in 2010. Within 15 months, he'd made his First Team debut, signed a first professional deal and scored a first professional goal on league debut - a stunner at Hull City.

Rallsy has been a key player for this football Club throughout his time here, leading by example on and off the pitch. Initially vice-captain for friend and colleague Sean Morrison, Joe was named permanent captain of the Club in 2022.

Speaking to Cardiff City TV after signing his new agreement, Rallsy said: “I feel amazing. I’m really proud to continue my journey here. I’ve loved every minute of it so far.

“I’m enjoying working with the manager and this group of players. We have the ability to have a really strong finish this season and to carry it on for years to come.

“It’s something I’m really excited about and I want to be a major part of that.”

City boss Erol Bulut added: “Rallsy grew up here. He’s earned this new deal with his performances this season.

“But other than that, he’s a captain and our leader. His management of our team is so important. He pushes our squad whether on the pitch or not.

“These types of people have to stay. The board and myself knew he had to continue at our Club. We are delighted he’s agreed to stay.”

One of our own and a Club legend!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ JOE RALLS SIGNS NEW CONTRACT “

Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:05 pm

Good news :bluescarf:

Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:07 pm

Excellent news happy with this

Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:07 pm

Good news, wonder if there’ll be a couple more announcements in the run up to the derby?

Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:15 pm

Good news .

Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:24 pm

I'm buzzing with this, he's our captain our man who's always there when needed brilliant

Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:46 pm

Congratulations Joe, well deserved. some others need to take a long hard look at your work ethics.

Get your badges done and take on the academy when you've finished playing.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:58 pm

Loyalty, commitment, dedication,passion, determination - all boxes ticked by Rallsy.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:00 pm

Great news, deserves a new contract.

Good that it’s initially for one year with the second year decided by appearances.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:15 pm

Pleased for him.

I was beginning to doubt his usefulness for us but of late he has has put out that fire.

Greta news. Wonderful servant. Plenty still to offer.

Has injury problems but when fully fit is a very decent player at this level :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:47 pm

Happy with this. He brings experience to the new guys and he has been a great servant over the years

Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:49 pm

Great news for him & us.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:07 pm

Great news, Joe Ralls has always given his best for Cardiff, good news that he’s staying.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:09 pm

Awsome , top man rallsy boy , I love his aggression and determination on the physical side , always need a player like this in a team , a great servant and loyalty

Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:37 pm

Good News :thumbup: