Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wilson-Esbrand

Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:00 pm

Grant is a player that we must sign permanent if we get the chance but Wilson-Esbrand has been just as important to us turning our form around IMO.

He fits in straight away and gives the back 4 a lot more confidence instead of Collins

How much would we have to pay to make him a perm signing, if Man City are open to letting him go

Also what wages is he on?

Re: Wilson-Esbrand

Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:09 pm

He’s quality, goes forward as well as defending brilliantly

Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:37 pm

Him and Nat Philips have been awesome. It was a great transfer window. The club did a great job. Be nice if we could sign all 3 permanently.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:48 pm

As he has so far has been a decent loan signing decent attacking side to his game He keeps opposition players occupied and further downfield away from our penalty area. He

Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:58 am

I think he has been an excellent signing.
Having him improves us - in defence and attack. When you combine that with the return of O Dowda the team has more pace and class. Many of our games have been quite tight this year, (leaving aside the pathetic effort v Leeds), and so their presence can be the difference between winning and losing.
Also on Saturday we had a great work ethic. (eg Siopas and Grant). Our forwards are not great so the minimum we ask is that they put in a shift. Compare the attitude and effort of Meite with Robinson - like chalk and cheese.

:bluebird: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:35 am

One of the accounts on Instagram reckons that we signed him on "loan with option to buy"

I hope this is the case but I cant see a random Instagram account knowing this and nobody else

Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:25 am

You’d imagine that the fee he’d command, could well be out of our price range… In which case I’d be getting on to Man City, about a season long loan next season, he’s been superb.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:16 pm

Man City are smart with sell on clauses usually. They’ve sent a few to Southampton for half their values with huge sell on clauses. I think they benefited from lavia going to Chelsea.

2-3m with 40-50% sell on in case someone comes in at 20 or 30 in a year or two seems to be their tactic.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:16 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:One of the accounts on Instagram reckons that we signed him on "loan with option to buy"

I hope this is the case but I cant see a random Instagram account knowing this and nobody else

Glen Williams shot this down but I also read this.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:23 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Man City are smart with sell on clauses usually. They’ve sent a few to Southampton for half their values with huge sell on clauses. I think they benefited from lavia going to Chelsea.

2-3m with 40-50% sell on in case someone comes in at 20 or 30 in a year or two seems to be their tactic.

If that’s accurate, then it’s a very clever business model.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:43 pm

derynglas wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Man City are smart with sell on clauses usually. They’ve sent a few to Southampton for half their values with huge sell on clauses. I think they benefited from lavia going to Chelsea.

If that’s accurate, then it’s a very clever business model.

Very good, but the buying club also gets a good deal, everyone's happy.

Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:12 am

The Lad has played his part over the last few weeks .

Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:02 am

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:One of the accounts on Instagram reckons that we signed him on "loan with option to buy"

Bulut said we didn’t have an option to buy for any of the loan players that came in during January.

Would be happy if we signed him, Phillips and Grant though.