Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ It all started here / After nearly five months ‘

Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 am

It all started and changed v Blackburn home when Erol Bulut said we had “lacked confidence and belief in ourselves” and from this game he said we would only get better again after nearly five months of awful results and dire football:

How things can change so quickly, City we’re sliding down the table fast now, they are now 5 pts better off than this stage last season with still 9 games to go and could finish in the Top 8.

Bulut has to be given a New 1 year contract as we need need stability and Bulut this time needs fully backing by the board this Summer.

Bulut needs to be told now that he will be here next season.

Bulut has the backbone now of a good squad already for next season, another 4-5 players including a striker and play-offs will be the minimum we go for.

Bluebirds

20/02/2024 Cardiff City 0 Blackburn 0 Crowd 17,131 Away Support 369

24/02/2024 Cardiff City 2 Stoke City 1 Crowd 18,976 Away Support 1,320

02/03/2024 Bristol City 0 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 24,035 Away Support 2,300

06/03/2024 Cardiff City 1 Huddersfield Town 0 Crowd 17,243 Away Support 320

09/03/2024 Cardiff City 2 Ipswich Town 1 Crowd 22,724 Away Support 3,213

Live on Sky tv: 16/03/2024 12:30pm Swansea City v Cardiff City

29/03/2024 15:00 Sunderland (h)

01/04/2024 15:00 Coventry City (a)
06/04/2024 15:00 Hull City (h)
10/04/2024 19:45 Birmingham City (a)
13/04/2024 15:00 Millwall (a)
20/04/2024 15:00 Southampton (h)
27/04/2024 15:00 Middlesbrough (h)

04/05/2024 15:00 Rotherham United (a)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ It all started here / After nearly five months ‘

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:02 am

Yesterday was the best performance I have seen from city in a while and let's hope it continues

Wilson-Esbrand may not be the quickest player but the difference he makes compared to Collins is huge
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:08 am

Roath_Blue wrote:Yesterday was the best performance I have seen from city in a while and let's hope it continues

Wilson-Esbrand may not be the quickest player but the difference he makes compared to Collins is huge

I agree the first 10 minutes and last 10 minutes were Superb / Bluebirds

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:09 am

I think Wilson-Estrand has been the key signing. He's just slotted in place and the whole defence and midfield seem so much better for it.

Other players are no longer worried about helping to cover that position and can just concentrate on their own responsibilities.

Can't wait for the swans now. I was dreading facing them a few weeks ago!!!

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:15 am

Maloby_Blue wrote:I think Wilson-Estrand has been the key signing. He's just slotted in place and the whole defence and midfield seem so much better for it.

Other players are no longer worried about helping to cover that position and can just concentrate on their own responsibilities.

He is quality, mate. And it was great to see him getting forward so much yesterday.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:25 am

Maloby_Blue wrote:I think Wilson-Estrand has been the key signing. He's just slotted in place and the whole defence and midfield seem so much better for it.

I think your spot on.

Imagine if Bulut had got the other 3-4 players he had originally targeted to get.

I want to see Bulut fully backed this Summer and then we can see if Bulut can really take us places?

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:29 am

Reply:

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:39 am

Roath_Blue wrote:Yesterday was the best performance I have seen from city in a while and let's hope it continues

I think he looks fairly quick i think. And massively improvement on Collins as u say

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:42 am

As a Man City product, he’s probably been taught to slot into midfield as a fullback, which suits Bulut. Shows how the correct players make a difference.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:02 pm

Must point out that we are 5pts better off now than we were at the end of last season with 9 games to go and not 5 points better off at the same time as last season