Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated: Question: How is the guy on Sloper Road?

Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:44 pm

It gets worse:

Updated:

It was all on CCTV

The 70 year olds son Gareth has said:

Everyone would know who my old man is, he's sat in ninian 115 in the same seat since the stadium was opened and always takes about 2 hours to get from the turnstiles to his seat as he talks to absolutely everyone

And although he talks a lot of shit and won't back down from anyone if he thinks he's in the right he's the furthest things away from a trouble maker you would find

The saddest part of all this is I got my 2 boys 11 and 13 there first season tickets this year and both witnessed what happened Saturday and now both say they don't want to go to another match

Updated:

A 70 year old Cardiff City Fan was knocked to the floor and kicked by a an Ipswich fin in a bunch of 40 or so young pretend Ipswich hooligans:

An ambulance took the Cardiff fan to hospital.

The guy was my 70 year old father,

he was knocked unconscious by an Ipswich fan and hit his head on the pavement, he was kept in overnight due to a concussion but thankfully there was no serious damage and he was let out this morning

The group of about 40 ipswich fans on sloper road attacked a few cardiff fans and I ended up with a few stitches in my head from a few kicks whilst I was trying to stop them hitting my old man whilst he was out cold

The rest of the group of Ipswich fans cheered and sang.

Sadly the police were really slow to attend the scene was at least 10 minutes before they turned up,

Just glad nobody was seriously injured as it could of been a lot worse

The 70 year olds son Gareth has said:

I've seen some footage posted claiming to be of the incident, however it is not the footage of what happened on sloper road

I've also seen a few Twitter posts trying to justify what happened claiming my dad was gobbing off and the lads involved were just teenagers and whilst there was a few younger lads in the group the majority were mid twenties upwards

And if gobbing off is a 70 year old fan confronting a group of pissed up guys who were abusing men women and children then yes my old man was gobbing off

Obviously everything is on cctv so the police will come to there own conclusion once they've viewd all the evidence available

Ipswich Forum:

Awful to read the Cardiff forum and to hear an Ipswich fan (amongst a group of 40) attacked a 70. Year old man leaving him hospitalised. Reading an account from his son of the details it seems truthful.

All teams have knobs following them - but a 70 year old man?

A bit of naughtiness outside afterwards... :roll:

Does anyone know how the poor sole outside on Sloper Road is doing...? :?

Not sure what happened but the police and St. Jonhn's were with him/her a long time...! :cry:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Question: How is the guy on Sloper Road?

Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:07 pm

What happened? I didn’t see anything but stayed in the ground for a while afterwards.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:48 am

Underhill1927 wrote:What happened? I didn’t see anything but stayed in the ground for a while afterwards.

Not sure, as I was nearer the bus depot; but someone was 'sparki' on the floor where the stadiym exit from the Ninian Stand meets Slooer Road...

Whoever it was looked motionless and receiving a lot of attention from St. John's and the police...

Quite a bit of handbags today and the police were busy around Grangetown Railway Station...

Ipswich Forum

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/578381/ver ... scious/#69

Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:43 am

For the last few seasons, i have caught the train from Grangetown to Llanishen and normally there is a very boisterous group that catches the Rhymney train, luckily for the wannabe Ipswich "lads" they were not there.

For SWP I doubt Ipswich regardless of the numbers is considered it a high-profile game, as all the gates were open and barely segregation, but a few Ipswich teens had a few tinnies, watched Green Streets the night before and forgot they were going to Cardiff. It could have gotten a bit ugly yesterday

Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:01 am

llan bluebird wrote:For the last few seasons, i have caught the train from Grangetown to Llanishen and normally there is a very boisterous group that catches the Rhymney train, luckily for the wannabe Ipswich "lads" they were not there.

For SWP I doubt Ipswich regardless of the numbers is considered it a high-profile game, as all the gates were open and barely segregation, but a few Ipswich teens had a few tinnies, watched Green Streets the night before and forgot they were going to Cardiff. It could have gotten a bit ugly yesterday

Was it an Ipswich guy that was knocked out?

Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:16 am

The guy was my 70 year old father,

he was knocked unconscious by an Ipswich fan and hit his head on the pavement, he was kept in overnight due to a concussion but thankfully there was no serious damage and he was let out this morning

The group of about 40 ipswich fans on sloper road attacked a few cardiff fans and I ended up with a few stitches in my head from a few kicks whilst I was trying to stop them hitting my old man whilst he was out cold

Sadly the police were really slow to attend the scene was at least 10 minutes before they turned up,

Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:20 am

Blue since 1981 wrote:The guy was my 70 year old father,

Are you serious? Attacking a 70 year old, how low can you get ? Best wishes to your old man and hope he recovers quickly and fully.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:29 am

Underhill1927 wrote:

Are you serious? Attacking a 70 year old, how low can you get ? Best wishes to your old man and hope he recovers quickly and fully.

Thank you mate he will be OK just pretty shook up,

was really sad the guy in question was being very abusive to everyone, my dad only said "come on mate no need to act like this because you lost" and the guy just smacked my dad and he was out cold before he hit the ground

Like I said I'm just thankful he's OK as when I heard his head hit the pavement I feared the worse

Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:50 am

Blue since 1981 wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:

Thank you mate he will be OK just pretty shook up,

was really sad the guy in question was being very abusive to everyone, my dad only said "come on mate no need to act like this because you lost" and the guy just smacked my dad and he was out cold before he hit the ground

Like I said I'm just thankful he's OK as when I heard his head hit the pavement I feared the worse

I bet mate, horrible experience.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:06 am

Hope your dad ok I bet he thought it was big knocking a 70y out hope it don't put your dad off going to the game

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:33 am

Porthy123 wrote:Hope your dad ok I bet he thought it was big knocking a 70y out hope it don't put your dad off going to the game

Thank you mate, I'm sure it won't put him off he's been going down the city forever, only guy I know who's never worn a pair of trousers to a game everyone in block 115 knows him as Jon the shorts lol

Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:28 pm

Blue since 1981 wrote:
Porthy123 wrote:Hope your dad ok I bet he thought it was big knocking a 70y out hope it don't put your dad off going to the game

Thank you mate, I'm sure it won't put him off he's been going down the city forever, only guy I know who's never worn a pair of trousers to a game everyone in block 115 knows him as Jon the shorts lol

Was it the guy in the orange top that hit your dad?

Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:52 pm

Very sad turn of events,hope the law got him.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:57 pm

theclaw wrote:Very sad turn of events,hope the law got him.

I certainly second that.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:02 pm

RIVERSIDE-FC wrote:
Blue since 1981 wrote:

Was it the guy in the orange top that hit your dad?

It was the guy in the black jacket who threw the punch, the guy in the orange top went to kick my dad on the ground luckily I was able to get in the way, that's when I was dragged into a garden by a group of about 8 Ipswich fans and attacked myself

Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:04 pm

theclaw wrote:Very sad turn of events,hope the law got him.

From what we were told this morning no arrests we're made but the whole thing was caught on cctv so hopefully they will be able to identify those involved

Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:17 pm

There’s a thread on this incident on the IT forum. All are sickened by the incident. I think they’re trying to contribute for a hamper of some sort for the man which shows that for every tool watching football, there’s a number of tidy people.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:41 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:There’s a thread on this incident on the IT forum. All are sickened by the incident. I think they’re trying to contribute for a hamper of some sort for the man which shows that for every tool watching football, there’s a number of tidy people.

Yes 99% of ipswich fans we spoke to yesterday were brilliant and just there to support there team a fair number actually came over to try and help my dad and it's just a shame the few always try and ruin it for the many, I thanked them for trying to help and hope they beat Leeds to second place

Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:45 pm

As I was walking from the canton stand through the car park I said to my mate I could see there was a bit of bother I didn’t actually see what started it but that guy in the orange shirt and the other in the black court weren’t so keen when a load of Cardiff youngster turned don’t get me wrong I don’t want to see in Cardiff fans getting in to bother but those to blokes where a right pair dickheads we where watching then on sloper rd then a lot of young Cardiff followed Ipswich down sloper rd as I said they weren’t so keen then hope you’re dads ok they where right out of order doing that to you’re dad

Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:21 pm

When we played Leeds they cordoned off sloper so no city fans could go that way for a good half an hour they should have done the same for Ipswich they brought three thousand supporters no problem with that but any team bringing that amount of support will always have a few idiots with them who fancy there chance I know we don’t have any history with Ipswich but you still got to be on youre guard

Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:42 pm

Here's the link to the Ipswich forum thread, their disgusted at these cowards who attached a 70 year old man.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/578381/ver ... scious/#69

I walked down from Central at midday and there was a bit of trouble amongst themselves on the aware just last M&S. They were pissed wannabees and not youngsters, we could see an argument and I was obviously checking to see if they were picking off a ln City but it was just amongst themselves. A guy went down and had a few kicks but nothing serious. Lots of them walking down to the stadium but quiet as quiet as mice.

I hope someone IDs the two who attacked our 70 year old fan, absolutely cowardly and deserve a leathering and some jail time.

There was some handbags at the top of Sloper near the park with the youngsters but it was broken up as police arrived, I assume this may have been City going after the group of 40 Ipswich above.

Re: Updated: Question: How is the guy on Sloper Road?

Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:40 pm

Absolute disgrace to attack a 70-year-old fan. To be fair, most Ipswich fans are also saying it is unacceptable.

I hope he’s alright.

As others have said, I guess SWP didn’t see this as a game that would likely attract violence despite the large away following.

But you would expect them to arrive much quicker to an incident like that.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:44 pm

I've seen some footage posted claiming to be of the incident, however it is not the footage of what happened on sloper road

I've also seen a few Twitter posts trying to justify what happened claiming my dad was gobbing off and the lads involved were just teenagers and whilst there was a few younger lads in the group the majority were mid twenties upwards

And if gobbing off is a 70 year old fan confronting a group of pissed up guys who were abusing men women and children then yes my old man was gobbing off

Obviously everything is on cctv so the police will come to there own conclusion once they've viewd all the evidence available

Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:00 pm

Blue since 1981 wrote:I've seen some footage posted claiming to be of the incident, however it is not the footage of what happened on sloper road

Gareth,

So Sorry to hear about your Father , I hope he is recovering well.

I absolutely detest cowardly attacks like this.

I will contact the Club to make you both guests this season.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:20 pm

Just read this and was very shocked I signed in because how I read it I thought it was someone to do with Sven (Chris) I hope this man is ok and hope there is cameras to Catch these cowardly Ipswich fans.
If like minded want to go at it then game on but this is shocking.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:24 pm

Blue since 1981 wrote:I've seen some footage posted claiming to be of the incident, however it is not the footage of what happened on sloper road

I've just seen that footage and it must be what we saw when on the corner of Virgil St, it was in the distance and was over as soon as it started as the police were there.

I'm glad your dad's OK mate, that's the main thing and I hope the cowards who did this get a bit of payback one way or the other.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:32 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:

I've just seen that footage and it must be what we saw when on the corner of Virgil St, it was in the distance and was over as soon as it started as the police were there.

I'm glad your dad's OK mate, that's the main thing and I hope the cowards who did this get a bit of payback one way or the other.

Thanks mate he's OK a bit rattled, he's been following the city since the 60,s and has had a few close calls over the years but you can laugh it off when you come out un scathed, this time he wasn't as lucky so it's knocked him a bit but I'm sure he will be back on the bus next week for the trip down to the unwashed

Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 pm

Replies:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 pm

Replies:

Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Gareth,

So Sorry to hear about your Father , I hope he is recovering well.

I absolutely detest cowardly attacks like this.

I will contact the Club to make you both guests this season.

That’s a great offer Annis.
So glad your dad is ok as it could have been much much worse if his head it the floor. As you say Annis, I detest cowardly attacks like this.