Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Vote your Man of the Match (versus Ipswich Town)

You may select 1 option

View results

VOTE YOUR MAN OF THE MATCH (VERSUS Ipswich Town)

Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:08 pm

Vote your Man of the Match versus Ipswich Town...

Possibly our best performance of the season with the loss being more than a little unforuntate; particulatly with the inevitability of the bloody goal scorer... :cry:

No one let us down today but for me, it was Siopis again but some great work from Grant and Wilson-Esbrand... :clap:

Re: VOTE YOUR MAN OF THE MATCH (VERSUS Ipswich Town)

Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:10 pm

Nat Phillips for me.

Good first half by Siopis, but thought he faded in the second half.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:17 pm

Siopis for me today, looked like the pit bull from the start of the season

Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:24 pm

Siopsis. Absolutely everywhere today. Great performance. :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:27 pm

Wintle for me.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:01 pm

Phillips for me edged out the good performances of siopis and grant. Wintle had sky mom was also another good performer today

Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:08 pm

Could have given it to all of them today, standouts for me were Phillips, Hovarth, Siopis, Turnbull, Grant and Meite. Gone for Wintle though, made some crap decisions but run his legs off, proper captains performance and in the right place at the right time for the equaliser. I’ve given him crap the last few weeks and during todays match but credit where credits due :clap:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:13 pm

Wintle was brilliant today

Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:14 pm

Great win
Manny Siopis' back to his best
What a signing Nat Philips as been. Absolute beast at the back

Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:42 pm

I went for siopos

But it could one of a number of players
The Yak never going to score but put his self about :clap:
Phillip, Goutos great performance :clap:
Wintle siopos :clap:
Wilson esbrand especially early on :clap:

Nice to have some depth to change the game :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

All made a difference.

Great result onwards and upwards! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :clap: :clap:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:00 pm

Siopis was great as was Grant and the 2 centre backs. I'd go Wintle though, very assured performance from him today.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:02 pm

If i had the option, I'd have picked the manager.

I think he is coming to grips with the championship and worked out what balance is needed in midfield to supplement the attack

He has found that Sio can't be a 6 in the championship you need pace & power and Wintle has that slot. Sio gives us the energy and steals lots of balls at the tip of the double pivot, but isn't going to give you a killer pass. Again the same from Wednesday he or Ralls are a lot more advanced than they were in January, because I think Turnball gives us Ramsey composure on the ball and you can just give it to him and he rarely turns it over.

Meite was a beast by our standards but can't give MoM. It has to go to Philips or Goutas as they handled the toughest striker in the division.

Goutas

Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:41 pm

Phillips

Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:47 pm

Wintle again for me, twice in a week! He seems to have really got back to his best again and he looked composed all day today. Siopis also had a brilliant game. Special mention to the centre halves too as they nullified Moore for the majority of the game. Subs had a great impact also, so well done Erol.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:15 pm

Many players had a good game today overall I went for Nat Phillips a rock at the back some good tackles. Thought Wilson Esbrand's first half performance was excellent some great movement passing and runs up the wing, he made a few minor mistakes 2nd half. I really hope we can somehow keep Phillips, Esbrand and Grant, make these our permanent signings and get other loans in next season build like that but we say this every season about our loanees like Kipre and Philogen last season. I think with game time Esbrand will turn out to be a good player. Great performances all round and well done to the players for never giving up.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:32 pm

I could have picked 5, but went for Wintle.

I have been very vocal against Wintle but today he showed some fight, positivity and his goal swung the pendulum.

What a win.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:35 pm

Siopis by a country mile for me :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:43 pm

Siopsis , Solid

Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:58 pm

Siopis. I love the man

Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:06 pm

They were all brilliant today , from the goalkeeper up to the top , really looking forward now with this squad

Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:21 pm

royalblue wrote:Many players had a good game today overall I went for Nat Phillips a rock at the back some good tackles. Thought Wilson Esbrand's first half performance was excellent some great movement passing and runs up the wing, he made a few minor mistakes 2nd half. I really hope we can somehow keep Phillips, Esbrand and Grant, make these our permanent signings and get other loans in next season build like that but we say this every season about our loanees like Kipre and Philogen last season. I think with game time Esbrand will turn out to be a good player. Great performances all round and well done to the players for never giving up.

Got no chance with Phillips, he’s probably a £20,000,000 plus player in the making.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:24 pm

I’m going to say Wintle - on Wednesday and today he was back to being the player he was when he first came to us. Great passing and positional awareness.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:31 pm

I voted Wintle but could have been Siopis very easily.

Big shout out to the back four and keeper too, coped very well with an Ipswich attack that hasn’t struggled to score goals.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:52 pm

The Greek God he was everywhere never stopped.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:16 am

Llantwit Blue wrote:The Greek God he was everywhere never stopped.

:thumbup: Got my vote - But Big shout out to the team and the Manager :bluebird:

Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:16 am

Llantwit Blue wrote:The Greek God he was everywhere never stopped.

:thumbup: Got my vote - But Big shout out to the team and the Manager :bluebird: