Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I think most will now agree

Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:53 pm

Most will surley now agree that the manager deserves a contract, what will we be like with his own players next season?

I feel with top players that he wants we will get top two easily.

Re: I think most will now agree

Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:57 pm

I said months ago he needs time, and I agree with that statement even more so now.

Back him in the summer and let's push towards the top 6

Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:07 pm

Things have improved massively, but don’t forget how bad we were in January.

I do think he should stay now though.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:24 pm

Should always have been backed

Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:25 pm

I’ve never drifted away from him :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:31 pm

Mid season performances dire, and took a long time to sort out. Negative football as well. I would offer a new 1 year contract, but would not be too upset if he left.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:31 pm

Wow wow wow , strongest we’ve looked for years ,so organised and belief that we were gonna wi. That in the end
I am shocked

Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:34 pm

Yes I agree Kyle

And without a doubt Tan would not get better than Erol Bulut.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:38 pm

Tan needs to back BULET, TAN GET ON THE BULET TRAIN

Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:29 pm

Only 2 managers have had 3 years or more under Tan and both secured PL football. Surely he can see that if we can, it’s a no brainer, leave Bulut have a 2 year extension and give him the time and backing

Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:14 pm

I am not a lover of his football but when we actually try to win games and get our players up the field we look great. Deserved a contract and time to build his team.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:17 pm

No I do Not Agree.
The team have turned a corner because something has been done which should have been done months ago but the manager has not had the ability to either see it or action dropping our left back. I have lost count of the amount of goals we have conceded on the left side of defence.

No coincidence we’ve started winning matches again now we have 11 players on the pitch and not 10.

He hasn’t changed tactics he didn’t move Rolls into that position temporarily which was one of his several options, when Collins was having such a torrid time/ drop in form.

So no all the doubters who were knocking Bullet when we were losing and who are now shouting to give him a new contract.
I’m saying now - don’t give him a new contract after of a few wins.
Smell the reality he’s just not anywhere near the standard of a championship manager.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:50 pm

I don’t think you can say that he’s not anywhere near the standard of a championship manager, when he is currently manager of a team 10th in the league.
Yes there are things I would like to see us do better attack wise but he’s got us defending very well

Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:25 pm

Kenny Blue wrote:I don’t think you can say that he’s not anywhere near the standard of a championship manager, when he is currently manager of a team 10th in the league.
Yes there are things I would like to see us do better attack wise but he’s got us defending very well

Yes we are defending well NOW
Common denominator Collins not in the team

Could and should have been addressed months ago
The one thing you don’t get as a championship manager is time

Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:28 pm

Monmouth wrote:No I do Not Agree.
The team have turned a corner because something has been done which should have been done months ago but the manager has not had the ability to either see it or action dropping our left back. I have lost count of the amount of goals we have conceded on the left side of defence.

No coincidence we’ve started winning matches again now we have 11 players on the pitch and not 10.

He hasn’t changed tactics he didn’t move Rolls into that position temporarily which was one of his several options, when Collins was having such a torrid time/ drop in form.

So no all the doubters who were knocking Bullet when we were losing and who are now shouting to give him a new contract.
I’m saying now - don’t give him a new contract after of a few wins.
Smell the reality he’s just not anywhere near the standard of a championship manager.

From “should have been relegated” last year to 10th. Decent effort that is from any manager to step into the Cardiff job.

He needs proper backing to compete with the top-6 sides.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:33 pm

This is modern football fans summed in up one thread.

Win four games let's give him a new contract and get his own players in should he be here of course.

Lose 3 games abd it's let's get rid, hes useless, no plan b, they've downed tools and so on :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:28 pm

kyle08 wrote:Most will surley now agree that the manager deserves a contract, what will we be like with his own players next season?

I Don't like Bulut and think we can do better

Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:32 pm

Some people on here need to learn patience; up and down like Chinese Yo-Yo's...! :roll: :lol:

Admit it, few on here expected or asked for anything but a 'safe' mid to low table finish at the start of the season even after Erol Bulut had arrived...

He is new to the Championship, had a fair start, a very good October, a dip over and beyond Christmas, before 6 new players and a steady improvement in play were followed by a draw and 4 straight wins conceding just the one goal... :clap:

Of course, we have the 'Jack' scum next week and it's a game we can win or at least avoid defeat; but sadly some people's world could come tumbling down again a lot quicker that it was built up...

Give Erol Bulut and his developing team a fair crack of the whip and let's see where it takes us rather than demanding 'change' one week and 'canonisation the next...! ;) :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:31 pm

Cardiff_CPT wrote:
kyle08 wrote:Most will surley now agree that the manager deserves a contract, what will we be like with his own players next season?

Name who you think will be better than Bulut

Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:42 pm

Sort it before next Saturday. We've got momentum at the moment. Run with it.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:07 pm

Sven wrote:Some people on here need to learn patience; up and down like Chinese Yo-Yo's...! :roll: :lol:

Admit it, few on here expected or asked for anything but a 'safe' mid to low table finish at the start of the season even after Erol Bulut had arrived...

He is new to the Championship, had a fair start, a very good October, a dip over and beyond Christmas, before 6 new players and a steady improvement in play were followed by a draw and 4 straight wins conceding just the one goal... :clap:

Of course, we have the 'Jack' scum next week and it's a game we can win or at least avoid defeat; but sadly some people's world could come tumbling down again a lot quicker that it was built up...

Give Erol Bulut and his developing team a fair crack of the whip and let's see where it takes us rather than demanding 'change' one week and 'canonisatiin the next...! ;) :ayatollah:

Except I some of us are not “ up and down like a yo yo “ some of us have said we wouldn’t give him a new contract after he’s been winning games and won games not after when he’s been losing. I think he’s a decent manager but not in this league - yet.

Cardiff city fans get what Cardiff city fans deserve, patience is all very well I’ve endured 60 years of being Patient, if your happy or content or expect mid table mediocrity then that’s the reason you and others will only have fleeting encounters with the premiership. This is a capital city club the only way this club will get into the premiership and consistently stay there is the fans raising their own expectations, the demand better from the board.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:36 pm

Monmouth wrote:
Sven wrote:Some people on here need to learn patience; up and down like Chinese Yo-Yo's...! :roll: :lol:

Give Erol Bulut and his developing team a fair crack of the whip and let's see where it takes us rather than demanding 'change' one week and 'canonisatiin the next...! ;) :ayatollah:

Except I some of us are not “ up and down like a yo yo “ some of us have said we wouldn’t give him a new contract after he’s been winning games and won games not after when he’s been losing. I think he’s a decent manager but not in this league - yet.

Cardiff city fans get what Cardiff city fans deserve, patience is all very well I’ve endured 60 years of being Patient, if your happy or content or expect mid table mediocrity then that’s the reason you and others will only have fleeting encounters with the premiership. This is a capital city club the only way this club will get into the premiership and consistently stay there is the fans raising their own expectations, the demand better from the board.

First of all, read my opening sentence (quote) "Some people"... ;)

Secondly, it is my opinion and not one everyone has to subscribe to...

Thirdly, I have been a 'regular' since 1968, so I have seen most of what you have...

Finally, I don't (quote you) "accept mid-table mediocrity" but I do believe in giving someone a fair chance until they prove otherwise. If not, how is any manager who has a so-called 'poor run' supposed to learn, develop and improve...? :?

Erol Bulut has done a bloody good job overall and deserves the opportunity to take us forward both this and next season...

Whilst I wouldn't ask for a lengthy contract (maybe a rolling one-year?), I believe he has earned his opportunity to the extent that if we win next week, we may even see the top of Mehmet's head pop up from behind his barricade...! :laughing6: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:03 pm

Should give him a 2/3 year contract IMO

Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:31 pm

Phillips has been superb. Collins needed a break. Turnball begining to click. Can we keep philips and josh w.e. Doubt it but ceedit to EB for getting them in, hasnt p8cked many bad ens to be fair. Please just beat the jacks and for me a winning season.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:17 pm

Bulut must stay went through a rough patch showed he can turn it around so easy in championship to loss 5 on spin then you can win 5 on spin that’s why it’s the best league in football personally I prefer championship to premiership you might think that’s crazy but this is my opinion

Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:57 pm

Craigleeccfc wrote:Bulut must stay went through a rough patch showed he can turn it around so easy in championship to loss 5 on spin then you can win 5 on spin that’s why it’s the best league in football personally I prefer championship to premiership you might think that’s crazy but this is my opinion

Agree - that's the trouble on here with some posters - when we went through that rough patch as you said -
They live in the moment and forget what has gone before with results ( we did get into the Top 6 at some point ) ;)

Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:18 am

I've been very anti Bulut. Thought he did really well to start with but teams found us out and there was just no answer to it. Felt he was very out of his depth, a very mediocre manager and we needed better.

However, he's completely turned it around, the press is back, players working their socks of, Collins dropped. Relegation fears completely gone with still 9 games to play.

I was very very wrong and he deserves a new contract. I'd wait to announce until the season is over though...let's keep this momentum going!!!

Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:50 am

Maloby_Blue wrote:I've been very anti Bulut. Thought he did really well to start with but teams found us out and there was just no answer to it. Felt he was very out of his depth, a very mediocre manager and we needed better.

However, he's completely turned it around, the press is back, players working their socks of, Collins dropped. Relegation fears completely gone with still 9 games to play.

I was very very wrong and he deserves a new contract. I'd wait to announce until the season is over though...let's keep this momentum going!!!

Interesting statement about Collins there. A player who started well with us, everyone at the time was saying what a buy. Then the injury came along and he has struggled ever since. We have managed to find a replacement with this Wilson guy and things have improved a lot. This could be the end of Collins or at least see him relegated to the subs bench. A bit harsh on him but that is the way it goes.

Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:17 am

Cardiff_CPT wrote:

Like who REALISTICALLY?