Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How things can change

Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:44 pm

We were very recently after a bad run of form bottom of the form table apart from Rotherham

Right now we are 4th in the form table over last 6 games with 13 points out of a possible 18.

Having Odowda back is such a difference, and Colwill adds a lot going forward

Late push for playoffs?

Re: How things can change

Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:50 pm

So none of the "Bulut Out" crew want to comment?

Wiggy for one has been very vocal on his Facebook group taking posts from this forum and making out that he's the messiah.

Funny that considering he hasn't been on here since we started winning games.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:52 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:So none of the "Bulut Out" crew want to comment?

Wiggy for one has been very vocal on his Facebook group taking posts from this forum and making out that he's the messiah.

I wanted him out after our awful start to the year, as I didn’t think he was capable of motivating the players and most importantly changing his tactics.

He seems to have turned things around, getting the best out certain players and playing more on the front foot.

Long may it continue.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:01 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:

I wanted him out after our awful start to the year, as I didn’t think he was capable of motivating the players and most importantly changing his tactics.

He seems to have turned things around, getting the best out certain players and playing more on the front foot.

Long may it continue.

Same here, I said on here that I didn’t think he could turn things around.

He’s done that and as long as it continues, he should stay.

If we win next week, I think nearly all fans will support him staying.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:33 am

What twaddle.. a Manager needs time to forge his work. One minute he’s Satan, the next ‘Oh, he may deserve a contract if he keeps winning’. Red Lorry, Yellow Lorry.
It’s like being in an episode of the Clangers on here sometimes.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:51 am

Long may it continue - Some on here live in the moment and can't see what has been done at the start of the season .
We are on our best run of the season ( in a 5 set match of results ) ;)

Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:36 pm

I'm always here Roath just busy with life & work. Jury still out on Bulut for me. Saturday a lot better on the front foot. It's
all we ever wanted,,, I ain't no messiah just a big city fan , wanting the best for his club pal.

Here's my question. If we can play like we did Saturday tactics wise, why didn't we go same route all those dreary home games
past few months. apart from O'dowda same squad of players? Answers on the back of a fag packet.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:52 pm

Wiggy wrote:

I'm always here Roath just busy with life & work. Jury still out on Bulut for me. Saturday a lot better on the front foot. It's
all we ever wanted,,, I ain't no messiah just a big city fan , wanting the best for his club pal.

Here's my question. If we can play like we did Saturday tactics wise, why didn't we go same route all those dreary home games
past few months. apart from O'dowda same squad of players? Answers on the back of a fag packet.

Can't doubt your passion pal, clear that you love the club as we all do

In response to your question, it's not entirely the same squad.

I was worried when McGuiness got injured but Phillips has been a rock, and Wilson-Esbrand coming in for Collins has been a massive positive for us.

We look more comfortable at the back which has allowed more freedom and confidence going forward, which I agree is what we all wanted.

My point was that I've always said, give Bulut time, let him build his squad, its not going to happen overnight and if we can back him in the summer, I'm excited to see who we can bring in and hope we can push for top 4 next season

Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:53 pm

Wiggy

Could be the players don't like cold winter months. :-)

Agree though - the poor run was absolutely dire and I do think the new signings have injected a bit of life and greater confidence into the team.

There were a few of those boys well off top form too.

Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:25 pm

Lads we're all City, let's enjoy the moment. It was great walking out Saturday seeing lots of smiling buoyant happy faces,
long may it continue. Starting with Saturday against our arch rivals. We play like last Saturday we've nobody to fear. Grant on the right his natural side, O' Dowda on the left if ok is the way! :bluescarf:

Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:58 pm

Wiggy wrote:Lads we're all City, let's enjoy the moment. It was great walking out Saturday seeing lots of smiling buoyant happy faces,
long may it continue. Starting with Saturday against our arch rivals. We play like last Saturday we've nobody to fear. Grant on the right his natural side, O' Dowda on the left if ok is the way! :bluescarf:

ODowda and Grant on the right side of the pitch instead of inverted is a must

Didn't want to call you out but saw you had taken what I had said about lack of creativity and posted it in your Facebook group trying to ridicule my opinion, which is just that, my opinion. So felt the need to call you out over it

Either way, we are all bluebirds, onwards and upwards

Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:00 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
Wiggy wrote:Lads we're all City, let's enjoy the moment. It was great walking out Saturday seeing lots of smiling buoyant happy faces,

Didn't want to call you out but saw you had taken what I had said about lack of creativity and posted it in your Facebook group trying to ridicule my opinion, which is just that, my opinion. So felt the need to call you out over it

I've thought exactly the same since October. This is where I fall out with the manager (all be it he has redeemed himself slightly since Saturday) If we can front up Ipswich then Leeds and Leicester should have had similar treatment. Erol went Ultra defensive into his shell, and we rolled over without striking a blow.

Hopefully he's learning lessons, and with Turnbull looking the part, has some great attacking options at his fingertips. If we get at teams last quarter of the season, who knows where we'll end up!? :bluebird:

Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:25 am

Wiggy wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:

I've thought exactly the same since October. This is where I fall out with the manager (all be it he has redeemed himself slightly since Saturday) If we can front up Ipswich then Leeds and Leicester should have had similar treatment. Erol went Ultra defensive into his shell, and we rolled over without striking a blow.

Hopefully he's learning lessons, and with Turnbull looking the part, has some great attacking options at his fingertips. If we get at teams last quarter of the season, who knows where we'll end up!? :bluebird:

I told you Wiggy this would happen. People are there waiting to jump lol.

I'm still 50/50 although my bias is in favour of giving him the extension providing we go all out for that striker else it will be a waste of time.