Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: TODAY KIEFFER MOORE COMES BACK TO HAUNT CARDIFF & S

Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:32 pm

MY VIEW: TODAY KIEFFER MOORE COMES BACK TO HAUNT CARDIFF & SCORES / BUT CARDIFF HAVE THE LAST LAUGH & EQUALISED IN INJURY TIME AND THEM BANG CARDIFF WIN IN THE 99TH MIN.

FOUR WINS IN A ROW FOR CARDIFF & 5 GAMES UNBEATEN

ARE THE PLAY-OFFS ON???

INCREDIBLE / UNBELIEVABLE TODAY

BEFORE TODAY CARDIFF HAD NOT BEATEN A TOP SIX SIDE & EVERYONE OF THEM HAD DONE THE DOUBLE OVER CARDIFF / BUT NOT IPSWICH.

Ipswich had won their previous 6 games, whilst Cardiff had won their previous 3 games in a row.

Kieffer Moore was the difference between the two sides until the 95th min.

Cardiff played brilliant the first 10 mins with some great chances.

Cardiff never gave up and in the 95th min Wintle equalised.

Then in the 99th min YES CARDIFF WIN.

The crowd chanted Erol Buluts name again.

FIRST-HALF: The game was quite boring over all other than the first 10mins, where Cardiff started the best they have for months.

With in 7 mins two great shots by Turnbull and Bowler and all out attacking by Cardiff.

Siopis ha been solid.

Ipswich started to get more in to the game but were kept back by a solid Cardiff defence.

SECOND-HALF: Continued to be quite boring, with Ipswich looking a little better than Cardiff, but not by much.

Ipswich were gathering confidence and controlling at times.

75th Min Meite off, O'Dowda on.

Turnbull off, Colwill on.

80th min: GOAL! Cardiff City 0-1 Ipswich Town (Moore 79)

Goal! Moore hammers home.

Harness plays it out to the forward on the left and Phillips forces him wide, but credit to Moore, who hammers into low and into the bottom corner.

Moore doesn't celebrate the goal.

Diedhiou on for Bowler 84th min.

Wintle equalised for Cardiff in the 95th min.

Cardiff finished the better team.

And O’Dowda scores the winner 99th min.

CARDIFF CITY 2 IPSWICH TOWN 1
H-T 0-0
Crowd 22,724
Away Support. 3,213 Ipswich Fans
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: TODAY KIEFFER MOORE COMES BACK TO HAUNT CARDIFF

Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:33 pm

Absolutely bloody outstanding, thoroughly deserved that! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:35 pm

Great win. Unreal. Manager changes a few things after sitting back on our box for an age and we come up trumps :bluescarf:

Problem is some fans will start going on about playoffs again then we lose the next game and it's sack the manager talk again. :roll:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:36 pm

Updated:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:36 pm

Great win. The confidence is back changes made a big difference. Bluebirds

Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:39 pm

What a remarkable turnaround! From January with barely any goals to getting points against tough teams.

The feel good vibe in the team has definitely come back. What a win :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:40 pm

We look like we create more chances when wingers play on correct wings. Odowda and grant was giving us width and creating space for colwill and Wintle etc to get more freedom in centre. And Dide is a good target man to aim for

Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:42 pm

I thought it was a very professional performance nullified Ipswich until moore struck. After than was so pleasing we went at em big time .The willingness and belief in that time was superb .A game very well played by City onwards and upwards

Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:42 pm

I did say 2-1 to city :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:
Well done city brilliant result :thumbup:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:44 pm

I thought Ipswich deserve the lead just and showed why they are up there.

Then we went for it, nothing to lose, and don't you just love this game when you turn it around.

I would say a draw would have been a fair result but who said life was fair? This result could knock Ipswich off their stride.

Play offs, it all depends on other result going our way rather than us continuing this good run.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:44 pm

Unbelievable win.

They never gave up and worked so hard for that win.

Brilliant :bluebird:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:45 pm

One of the most enjoyable and confident performances if the season. We frustrated Ioswich brilliantly and made them look ordinary which they are not. Phillips and Siopsis were outstanding. Play offs is too far but the football is improving. Bulut needs a contract now.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:51 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Unbelievable win.

Agreed ned but you know aswell as I know if we lose vs Swansea the pitch forks will be out again with no plan b , the manager is useless and so on talk. We are over achieving in my opinion already with this squad we got so if we can improve and keep the same manager for next season then who knows.

Although today's fans can watch there team win loads of games lose one and melt down that's how stupid football has become imo :lol:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:59 pm

What a difference from just a few weeks a ago after being crushed by Norwich
I thought that was an excellent performance ,full of character :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:08 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Unbelievable win.

Agreed ned but you know aswell as I know if we lose vs Swansea the pitch forks will be out again with no plan b , the manager is useless and so on talk. We are over achieving in my opinion already with this squad we got so if we can improve and keep the same manager for next season then who knows.

Although today's fans can watch there team win loads of games lose one and melt down that's how stupid football has become imo :lol:

Very true :lol:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:11 pm

Brilliant

Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:31 pm

Great win.
Really thought Ipswich were going to roll up turn us over in this one.
If it was up to a fair few on here
Wintle and O'Dowda (due to long injury) would have been shipped on.
I'm sure a few were saying about Grant "I don't see the point of him not so long ago.
And Bulut wasn't up to it and time to go.
Mmmmmmnm... See folks I think we all just need be to patient and give it some time.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:32 pm

brickyblue wrote:I thought it was a very professional performance nullified Ipswich until moore struck. After than was so pleasing we went at em big time .The willingness and belief in that time was superb .A game very well played by City onwards and upwards

It was a professional performance, not seen that level of determination for quite some time. A well deserved victory...particularly nice seeing Moore's face at the final whistle too, ave it u twonk!

Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:41 pm

Maloby_Blue wrote:
brickyblue wrote:I thought it was a very professional performance nullified Ipswich until moore struck. After than was so pleasing we went at em big time .The willingness and belief in that time was superb .A game very well played by City onwards and upwards

It was a professional performance, not seen that level of determination for quite some time. A well deserved victory...particularly nice seeing Moore's face at the final whistle too, ave it u twonk!

Moore is a straight Judas.
He downed tools and never forgiven for that in my book.
Great sucker punch delivered today.
Happy trip home fella.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:55 pm

Great win and first half was the best we played for a long time.I’ve never been Bulut out but I’ll give him a little criticism his subs are too late.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:20 pm

We should have been 2-0 up at half time but that’s the way football goes, some dodgy decisions from the ref and both linesmen as usual, just seems they’re afraid to give us decisions at CCS :?:

Will give credit to Moore, he gave Dimi and Nat a hard afternoon and he played down his goal celebration. TBH that goal was a kick in the arse to the board failing to secure his signature in January.

I’ll be honest after Huddersfield game I thought we were going to get a lesson today and do well to limit it to 3-0 loss, but today I just had a feeling it was there, the way the lads started and played all game up until Goutas and Moore clashed heads the game was there for the taking. The lull in midfield just after the clash of heads done us for their goal but what a comeback.

I’ll be one the first to say I’ve slated Wintle a lot recently, including during todays game with some of his decision making, ie playing backwards when there was absolutely no need, but fair play talk about a captains performance and being in the right place at the right time :clap:

Why can’t we play like that every game??? I’d rather watch that kind of football and risk losing than some of the football we’ve played lately.

Push on to the Jacks now and do them :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:38 pm

Updated:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:07 pm

09/03/2024 Cardiff City 2 Ipswich Town 1 Crowd 22,724 Away Support 3,213

Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:23 am

How can you use the word boring in this match report.
There was not one boring moment.

Some fans saying Ipswich deserved to win....we should have scored at least twice in the first 10 mins and thought overall we should have won more comfortably.
I didn't think Ipswich looked like a top 3 side today. I thought we looked like a top six side .
The defence looks very solid.
We only have to play one top six side, if we beat Hull and Coventry we will be few points off them and Norwich will be in our sights with only teams below us then left to play .could be close if we keep up this form right till the end.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:10 am

We were lucky. Won’t make the play offs

Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:48 am

Sloper Road wrote:How can you use the word boring in this match report.
There was not one boring moment.

Some fans saying Ipswich deserved to win....we should have scored at least twice in the first 10 mins and thought overall we should have won more comfortably.
I didn't think Ipswich looked like a top 3 side today. I thought we looked like a top six side .
The defence looks very solid.
We only have to play one top six side, if we beat Hull and Coventry we will be few points off them and Norwich will be in our sights with only teams below us then left to play .could be close if we keep up this form right till the end.

The first 10 minutes were the most exciting for 5 months, then for for me it totally died out.

2nd half: continued with nothing really happening from both sides.
Then it all came alive from about 70mins and yes it became more than exciting, in fact anazing.
But in between a lot of boring parts and actually from Ipswich for long periods.

Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:48 pm

Let’s face it if we’d signed Keiffer and David Brookes on loan who were both January targets, we’d already be Top 6. It’s time the Capital of Wales signed more Welsh Internationals! Leeds and Ipswich both in Top 3 each have 3 Welsh Internationals in their squads!

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:37 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:Let’s face it if we’d signed Keiffer and David Brookes on loan who were both January targets, we’d already be Top 6. It’s time the Capital of Wales signed more Welsh Internationals! Leeds and Ipswich both in Top 3 each have 3 Welsh Internationals in their squads!

Leeds have 4 Welsh Internationals at the moment ;)