Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kieran McKenna: “I'm sure”

Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:33 am

Ipswich Manager Kieran McKenna:

“I'm sure that set-plays are plays are going to be absolutely decisive in the game. They’re very strong on them. Cardiff are not far off the play-offs and I think 40/50% of their goals have come from set plays.

“Set-pieces have been pretty decisive for us over the last few weeks too. Everyone sees the clean ones, like the second goal the other night against Bristol (City), where its a really good delivery and a well-taken header by Conor (Chaplin). But it’s also about the second phase ones.

“The second goal against Plymouth is one we took great satisfaction in. People probably see it as a great strike by Kieffer (Moore), or a bit scrappy, but it’s a really well-worked goal in terms of how we locked down the edge of the box, recycled the ball wide, delivered into a dangerous area, kept the bodies in the right area, and recycled it really well for a shot.”

“So many Championship games are decided on very thin margins. Set plays are often those margins.

“To be successful in this division, certainly for us, you need so many different ways to score goals. That’s something we’ve tried to emphasise.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.