Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anthony Joshua

Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:02 pm

Really should win this fight convincingly tonight.

If he doesn’t or only scrapes a win on points, then surely he’s finished at getting back to the top level.

Re: Anthony Joshua

Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:15 pm

He will if he boxes smart but let Ngannou on the inside and he might have his chin tested. Can see him boxing like he did in the Ruiz rematch

Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:39 am

Fair play, knocked him out in the second round. Didn’t just knock him out, but knocked him into next week.

That was seriously impressive by Joshua, even against an opponent that isn’t rated that highly.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:21 am

He is a scientific boxer. put him against a streetwise Tyson Fury and his career will be over.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:33 am

Underhill1927 wrote:He will if he boxes smart but let Ngannou on the inside and he might have his chin tested. Can see him boxing like he did in the Ruiz rematch

Well that wasn’t what happened. As soon as he saw how open Ngannou was to a straight right hand h knew he could stop it when he wanted. Total mismatch and hopefully the end of all this YouTube/cross over bullshit.

Ps boxing in Saudi is awful. Kissing the arse of “his excellency” every two minutes. Won’t watch another fight over there

Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:23 am

Fury was metaphorically halfway through eating his Christmas lunch with a few bottles of burgundy in him when he "fought" Ngannou.
All these bouts are piss takes. Mayweather/McGregor, Mayweather dances around to pretend to give the punters a show, barely throws a punch to the 8th then drops a gear and it's all over. Easy money.

I type of get the youtubers, there's an audience,its white collar or an out-of-school scrap, and they are used to that, but what i never get is these tech-savvy kids pay for this shit where an old technophobes like me don't.

I get MMA fans are desperate to convince the non-MMA fans that its just not a street fight in an octogon and there is real mastery of boxing as well as martial arts. And I suppose it can be the other way around with condescending boxing fans just "tutting" at the sheer lack of boxing skill against proven world-class boxers.

If Fury gets back to any sort of form and there is a huge doubt for me then he is too big for Usyk then the pay day they all want two over the hill Brits fleecing the punters one more time

Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:27 am

I would’ve loved to see this lot fighting a young and hungry Mike Tyson

Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:59 am

Warwickshire Bluebird wrote:I would’ve loved to see this lot fighting a young and hungry Mike Tyson

They are not in the same stratosphere as peak Tyson.

Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:28 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Fair play, knocked him out in the second round. Didn’t just knock him out, but knocked him into next week.

That was seriously impressive by Joshua, even against an opponent that isn’t rated that highly.

I wish they would stop alls this sillyness brought in to boxing in truth. It will be Coronation Street vs Eastenders on box office in a few years.

££££ all its about not the best vs the best like years ago sadly.

I've only seen lastnight highlight and it was a professional boxer vs some mma fighter on his 2nd fight, what does that say about acutal boxing hmm. People acutally pay for this cack but each to there own.

The proper fighting days of hagler vs hearns, Duran vs Sugar Ray Leonard are well gone :lol: although I don't expect anyone under 30 to know these fighters :lol:

Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:39 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Fair play, knocked him out in the second round. Didn’t just knock him out, but knocked him into next week.

I wish they would stop alls this sillyness brought in to boxing in truth. It will be Coronation Street vs Eastenders on box office in a few years.

££££ all its about not the best vs the best like years ago sadly.

I've only seen lastnight highlight and it was a professional boxer vs some mma fighter on his 2nd fight, what does that say about acutal boxing hmm. People acutally pay for this cack but each to there own.

The proper fighting days of hagler vs hearns, Duran vs Sugar Ray Leonard are well gone :lol: although I don't expect anyone under 30 to know these fighters :lol:

If you saw the highlights, then you saw the bout! :lol:

Two tidy punches plus a 'worldy' was all ot took to put the amateur defender to bed...

Tyson Fury looked well impressed and so he should with the knockout blow... :ayatollah: