Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ We have to sign Grant permanently “

Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:46 pm

Never stopped running again tonight.

Most players would play it safe after just coming back from an injury.

You don’t see many loan players put the amount of work in that he does.

I really don’t think West Brom will want a massive fee for him, we have to try and sign him permanently.

Re: “ We have to sign Grant permanently “

Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:28 pm

Agreed Ned.

His work rate is too and quality all round play.

Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:29 pm

He's a must sign player he's class, and as I've said before I believe if we do sign him he will play even better as it will be his home

Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:41 pm

Trouble is unless WBA are willing to just about give him away I can't see it happening. They paid 15m and a bargain price would be 5-7m ? and then there's his salary.

Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:44 pm

Was more than happy when we signed him at the start of the season - After watching him while at WBA .

Yes he is one we should look at for next season and Kipre is available on a Free in September - unless they offer him a new contract before then .

Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:29 am

I suspect that bigger clubs with more money than we can afford will be alerted to his improved form.

Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:36 am

If we cannot even sign grant then there is going to be no "rebuild" surely we should be rebuilding with players like this we let philogene go and others time next season to push on

Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:32 am

Gents, we're falling in love with loanees. I'm going to be setting up a drop in clinic for us when we're disappointed to see them starting for Millwall next season. :laughing6:

Phillips for me. Potential captain material. I do love Grant, though. I'd imagine there will be a long list of clubs at our level who'd want him.

The OP's point of how he comes back from injury as if nothing happened is a great point.

Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:46 pm

eddie j wrote:Trouble is unless WBA are willing to just about give him away I can't see it happening. They paid 15m and a bargain price would be 5-7m ? and then there's his salary.

Sod that he's quite good for £1mill, is he better than O'Dowda out there on the left?

Don't get me wrong I like him but he's not a world beater worth over £5Mill.

Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:31 pm

Bluebina wrote:
eddie j wrote:Trouble is unless WBA are willing to just about give him away I can't see it happening. They paid 15m and a bargain price would be 5-7m ? and then there's his salary.

Sod that he's quite good for £1mill, is he better than O'Dowda out there on the left?

Don't get me wrong I like him but he's not a world beater worth over £5Mill.

2 months ago, WBA were in dire financial trouble, if that ownership remainds in charge we could of probably got him on a free, although he is rumoured to be on around £40k a week which is silly, but WBA just have had a change of ownership, and no longer in desperate need to clear players off the books. they will now want a few £m i think

Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:37 pm

Tbh I’d like to sign Grant, Wilson-Esbrand and Nat Phillips on permanent deals