Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff City Loss of 11 million in latest accounts .

Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:45 am

Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:I remember people on here saying were 200 million in debt we aint now

Tan took it from £50mill in debt to about £150 mill in the past.

It was actually Dalman saying Tan had put in £200 mill.

We should be debt free by now if you go by all their promises.
It's not 150 million at all read the accounts .

OMG

Not now Wez, you mentioned about someone saying £200 mill, I said the fans never said that in years gone by we reached £150mill debt under your boss Tan lol

You are so desperate to defend Tan, you don’t read.

Nice editing:lol:

Wez,

You knew we were not on about latest accounts in the £150 mill, as I had already said the Debt of the latest accounts earlier on in the thread and Joff had.

You really are making yourself a fool with your love for Tan and you are starting to not make sense.

Total losses made by the club is £237m however the actual debt is around £68m ( as many of the accrued debts have been repaid or diluted into shares) and INCLUDES £20m Sala fee

This is a good thread by football analyst Kieran Maguire

https://x.com/kieranmaguire/status/1765 ... SD2aRt-GNg

So basically the debt is around the same level as when Tan came in ? But he's lost 200 million odd give or take ?

Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:55 am

wez1927 wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:I remember people on here saying were 200 million in debt we aint now

OMG

Not now Wez, you mentioned about someone saying £200 mill, I said the fans never said that in years gone by we reached £150mill debt under your boss Tan lol

Wez,

You knew we were not on about latest accounts in the £150 mill, as I had already said the Debt of the latest accounts earlier on in the thread and Joff had.

You really are making yourself a fool with your love for Tan and you are starting to not make sense.

Total losses made by the club is £237m however the actual debt is around £68m ( as many of the accrued debts have been repaid or diluted into shares) and INCLUDES £20m Sala fee

So basically the debt is around the same level as when Tan came in ? But he's lost 200 million odd give or take ?

Genuine question how much was the debt when Sam left?, I can remember the tax people threatening to close us down but cannot remember for how much, and what was the total payment made to Langstone to clear their debt.

Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:04 am

rontom wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

OMG

Wez,

Genuine question how much was the debt when Sam left?, I can remember the tax people threatening to close us down but cannot remember for how much, and what was the total payment made to Langstone to clear their debt.

I think it was around 60 to 80 million depending on what story your heard ,as the Langstone case was a bit of a hard one to follow some people claimed we owed 60million with the interests others 30 odd but ultimately i think Langstone had around the 25-28 million back in the end firbthe 24milion loan notes . Basically Tan had lost 200 odd million unless he does end up selling us in the future for around that amount but the only way he will get anything close to that amount would have to be in tne premier league .

Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:26 am

rontom wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

OMG

Wez,

£30/32 million when sam left which is probably equivalent to £50 millions in real terms today when you factor in wages , gate receipts, turnover ,TV payments etc

Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:27 am

wez1927 wrote:
rontom wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

OMG

Wez,

I think it was around 60 to 80 million depending on what story your heard ,as the Langstone case was a bit of a hard one to follow some people claimed we owed 60million with the interests others 30 odd but ultimately i think Langstone had around the 25-28 million back in the end firbthe 24milion loan notes . Basically Tan had lost 200 odd million unless he does end up selling us in the future for around that amount but the only way he will get anything close to that amount would have to be in tne premier league .

Thanks for the reply, so if we take the lower figure of £60m and our debt according to the figures quoted here is £68+m then the total loss to the club that Tan has increased since Sam left is only £8+m, or if you take the £150m quoted then that would be £82m, but cannot believe that the debt has increased from £68m to what is being said is now £150m, when in fact we have spent very little this last year.
Perhaps I have read the figures wrong, unfortunately there is no Keith to explain them to us now.

Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:28 am

So basically, Tan has no idea how to run a football club or a business if he has made a loss of 200 million. That's why he is so reluctant to sell and is hoping we can somehow get promoted at minimum cost to cut his loses and then run.

Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:30 am

wez1927 wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

OMG

Wez,

Yes , in a nutshell. Not unusual though for a football club in the championship or Premiership , out of 92 league clubs, there are probably around 5 or 6 who are not in debt and many clubs make significant profits on transfers ( which we don’t )

Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:38 pm

Mr Ducie wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

OMG

Wez,

Yes , in a nutshell. Not unusual though for a football club in the championship or Premiership , out of 92 league clubs, there are probably around 5 or 6 who are not in debt and many clubs make significant profits on transfers ( which we don’t )

Agree thankfully we've been to the premier league twice amd tan has written most of his debt off

Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:48 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

OMG

Wez,

Agree thankfully we've been to the premier league twice amd tan has written most of his debt off

Most of the £237 has been spent on big wage bills and high transfer fees (Flint , Bacuna , Morrison , ,Madine ,Smithies Murphy , Cunningham , Bennett, Glatzel , Cornelius are numerous others all cost on average £5m each who were either paid off or left on a free - those alone were around £70m/£80m inc wages and transfers )

Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:46 am

Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

OMG

Wez,

According to the accounts
Cardiff have liabilities of £262 million and assests of £85 million leaving net liabilities £177 million.

Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:39 am

Felixstowe_jack wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

OMG

Wez,

Cardiff have liabilities of £262 million and assests of £85 million leaving net liabilities £177 million.

Where do you get the £262m from as I can’t find it , I can see that our current liabilities are greater the current assets ( group and CCC holdings) and FFP is off losses within 3 years

Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:30 pm

Felixstowe_jack wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

OMG

Wez,

Wheres that too ? Not in the current accounts

Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:17 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Felixstowe_jack wrote:
Mr Ducie wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

OMG

Wez,

Wheres that too ? Not in the current accounts

Apparently they've got extra fingers so counting is exaggerated ? He as less idea than others on here when it comes to ccfc accounts...