Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Var needs to be in the championship

Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:29 am

Cannot believe the 2 decisions shown on sky last night. Stoke goalie took Leeds player out no penalty and Hull player used his hand to score a goal. Both decisions totally wrong and the officials missed. Hope this topic won’t be deleted again.

Re: Var needs to be in the championship

Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:36 am

I can also understand why Sunderland are upset not to get a penalty in the last minute.

Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:31 pm

Do we really want it??? The lull after a goal where they investigate every possible scenario to kill a goal, makes me sick.

I'd much rather the contraversy of a missed real-time decision from a single ref, than the contraversy of a disalowed goal after minutes of hanging around.

Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:44 pm

SB 1927 wrote:Do we really want it??? The lull after a goal where they investigate every possible scenario to kill a goal, makes me sick.

I'd much rather the contraversy of a missed real-time decision from a single ref, than the contraversy of a disalowed goal after minutes of hanging around.

100 percent with you on that

Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:52 pm

If we don’t get it, surely with these blatant errors there must be changes. The linesmen and 4 official are useless in changing basic mistakes.

Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:11 pm

It’s already being used in the play-off final and I expect that to be extended to every game over the next couple of seasons.

There has never been anything wrong with VAR.

But there is an issue with the people who operate it. If there are VAR decisions in the Championship like we’ve seen in the Premier League then fans won’t be happy.

Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:41 pm

I’d honestly debate stopping watching if it came in. Despise it. Sucked the life out of the game

Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:15 pm

May not be anything wrong with var but why have another blind official adding to the decision making? Var failings is fact that no two officials make identical decisions for same incident... so will always get one of them making a mistake.... let's keep it to the man on pitch to make that mistake not someone 200miles away.

Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:33 pm

Wait until you see the replay of the non existent stamp by Perry and the arm to the face on Wintle from tonight :oops: :oops:

Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:22 am

Kipre handball to guide it over the bar vs QPR tonight was the best one yet. Just seen the highlights of champ games on sky sports couldn't believe the ref and linesman missed it :shock: :shock:

Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:37 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:Kipre handball to guide it over the bar vs QPR tonight was the best one yet. Just seen the highlights of champ games on sky sports couldn't believe the ref and linesman missed it :shock: :shock:

The things highlighted today and yesterday are easy for var to do.... but give them a tackle or less of an handball and they struggle to get things right..
Unfortunately can see it coming in but prefer to call ref a tossser than bemoan an idiot in a box looking at 6 screens seeing stuff in slow motion and get it wrong.

Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:24 am

The officials overall are just really poor. Need better officiating. Really don’t like the way var is used . It takes to long and they still get it wrong on some occasions. It’s still shit officials in charge of Var. They’re bad enough in the prem they’ll be even worse in championship

Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:40 am

Definitely need it for goal and penalties

Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:55 am

Saw kipre handball and no way could ref or linesman see that he handled it from their positions..... only replay showed it even then wasn't obvious as keeper put hand up same time as kipre and hands only inches apart... their players didn't exactly jump up down complaining.

Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:02 pm

West ham tonight it took 4minutes to decide that players hands which was above shoulder wasn't handball? Var couldn't decide after 4mins ref took a look and said no pen complete waste of time... :o