Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

It can be done and it’s a good job:

Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:00 am

Sheffield Wednesday now Won 5 from their last 6 games, they looked down and out.
And Ugbo has been on fire since leaving Cardiff, last night he provided the assist for their only goal.

Sheffield Wednesday 1 Plymouth 0

And it’s a good job Cardiff have got 7.pts from their last 9pts as we would of been close on the bottom to Wednesday.

Tonight 3pts at home against strugglers Huddersfield Town please
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: It can be done and it’s a good job:

Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:40 am

Yep those 7 points are crucial. There are a number of teams below us who are capable of catching us. Saying that I believe there are a couple of teams who don't have a chance of doing that.

Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:55 am

Win tonight and we go 10th 3 points clear of 11th. We'd also be a lot closer to the playoffs 7 then relegation 12. Although performances have been poor since late November we've never gone to long without picking up 3 points

Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:02 am

Where would leeds be if didn't win 10 out 11 games or Southampton going 24 games unbeaten? Where would we be if Rambo and o'dowda been playing in most of games? At end day you are where you are because of results gained its that simple....

Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:46 am

Crazy to think we’ll be seven points off the top six if we win tonight.

Shows that if we’d won just two of the games we lost during that awful run in December and January, we’d be right in the mix.

Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:53 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Crazy to think we’ll be seven points off the top six if we win tonight.

Shows that if we’d won just two of the games we lost during that awful run in December and January, we’d be right in the mix.

Ned people decry not having a proper forward but I feel a fit Rambo and o'dowda we would be in the mix ...think people underestimate the effect of not having either one in our team for so long....

Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:12 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Crazy to think we’ll be seven points off the top six if we win tonight.

Ned people decry not having a proper forward but I feel a fit Rambo and o'dowda we would be in the mix ...think people underestimate the effect of not having either one in our team for so long....

Allan,

Rambo will never be again a player we can rely on for a whole season.
We have to accept that.

We have been crying our for a quality Striker for years .

Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:30 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Allan,

We have to accept that.

Yes we have and a lot to do with managers lack of attacking ideas and not keeping faith with players how many strikers played in ten strait games ? Usually its 4 or 5 games Not good for confidence or getting eye in ..... as for Rambo agree can't rely on him whole season but you cannot legislate for knee injury to me that's not fitness issue just unlucky but muscle injury is and didn't have chance to find out if that is a problem for Rambo?

Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:26 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Allan,

We have to accept that.

Yes we have and a lot to do with managers lack of attacking ideas and not keeping faith with players how many strikers played in ten strait games ? Usually its 4 or 5 games Not good for confidence or getting eye in ..... as for Rambo agree can't rely on him whole season but you cannot legislate for knee injury to me that's not fitness issue just unlucky but muscle injury is and didn't have chance to find out if that is a problem for Rambo?

But Allan,

There is a problem because we’ve been struggling under about 6 managers.

We do need a quality Striker.

Not blaming Ramsey , he was getting injured before he came here, we knew this but we all accepted it.
But we def can’t rely on him.

Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:14 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Allan,

We have to accept that.

But Allan,

Not blaming Ramsey , he was getting injured before he came here, we knew this but we all accepted it.

Yes annis definitely need a decent striker but we are going to have go abroad I think to find one.... otherwise end up with a striker noo e probably wants again? Can't rely on rambo but didn't he play around 26+ games last season ? Anyway on way yo game tonight and hopefully 3 points. With etete hatrick! :lol:

Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:20 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Allan,

We have to accept that.

But Allan,

Yes annis definitely need a decent striker but we are going to have go abroad I think to find one.... otherwise end up with a striker noo e probably wants again? Can't rely on rambo but didn't he play around 26+ games last season ? Anyway on way yo game tonight and hopefully 3 points. With etete hatrick! :lol:

We'll be lucky to see 3 decent crosses, Haaland would have trouble scoring here.

Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:24 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Allan,

We have to accept that.

But Allan,

We'll be lucky to see 3 decent crosses, Haaland would have trouble scoring here.

I know people say about strikers but it's not all about them it's also about getting ball in box getting in crosses! You cannot score 40yrds out facing your own goal like what's mostly happening this season ....even dead ball goals dried up several weeks sho was nearly double next team now it's a couple of goals is it any wonder strikers not scoring ? It seems to be a trait of city managers past 4 yrs or so not to use our strikers to score goals but more as defenders or midfielders.