Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

YET AGAIN: Robinson to start for u21s

Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:39 pm

Updated:

Yet again Darren Purses teams struggle again and again.

Glen Williams needs to start being honest about how bad the management is.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=238212

Three years Purse has virtually destroyed the U21’s, it’s time for change.

Looks like callum Robinson to start for the u21s 1pm kick off live on youtube

Darren Purse’s Bluebirds today play Ipswich Towns U21’s

Joel Colwill put City in the lead :

Cardiff City U21 fixtures for the 2023/24 PDL campaign are as follows:

Tue Aug 15 Fleetwood Town 4 Cardiff City 1 :cry: :cry: :cry:
Tue Aug 22 CARDIFF CITY 3 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 3
Sat Aug 26 Burnley 2 Cardiff City 2

Fri Sep 1 CARDIFF CITY 2 BARNSLEY 1
Tue Sep 12 Sheffield United 6 Cardiff City 2
Tue Sep 26 CARDIFF CITY 0 MILLWALL 1

Tue Oct 3 Ipswich Town 5 Cardiff City 2
Tue Oct 24 Watford 2 Cardiff City 2
Mon Oct 30 Queens Park Rangers 3 Cardiff City 2

Tue Nov 7 CARDIFF CITY 3 BRISTOL CITY 0
Tue Nov 21 CARDIFF CITY 1 COLCHESTER UNITED 1
Mon Nov 27 Charlton Athletic 5 Cardiff City 5

Tue Dec 5 CARDIFF CITY 3 SWANSEA CITY 0
Mon Dec 18 Millwall 5 Cardiff City 1

Tue Jan 9 CARDIFF CITY 0 WATFORD 0
Tue Jan 16 AFC Bournemouth 3 Cardiff City 2
Tue Jan 30 CARDIFF CITY 0 QUEENS PARK RANGERS 2

Tue Feb 13 Bristol City 1 Cardiff City 2
Friday Feb 16 CARDIFF CITY 1 COLCHESTER 1
Tue Feb 20 CARDIFF CITY 2 CHARLTON ATHLETIC 1
Mon Feb 26 Colchester United 2 Cardiff City 0

Tue Mar 5 CARDIFF CITY 1 IPSWICH TOWN 3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Robinson to start for u21s

Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:51 pm

1-0 half time colwill with the goal after 10 minutes

Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:19 pm

losing 2=1 now

Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:21 pm

rontom wrote:1-0 half time colwill with the goal after 10 minutes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:21 pm

49 - Rio Morgan puts the visitors ahead. (1-2)

Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:26 pm

Tanatswa Nyakuhwa and Finlay Johnson replace Troy Perrett and Morgan Wigley. (1-2)

Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:42 pm

now 3-1and we are terrible this half

Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:42 pm

- Tommy Taylor doubles the lead for the visitors. (1-3) :cry:

Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:43 pm

3-1 :(

Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:48 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:3-1 :(

Ian, 3 years under Darren Purse We have Struggled, yet the Hierarchy back Purse and Glen Williams Media Wales???

There will always be an excuse as well by the very few.

Table before Today:

Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:00 pm

Our Under 21s are worse than Fleetwood Town.

How on earth can this side be capable of taking the step up to the Championship.

Our reserve and youth strings need a total overhaul.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:12 pm

We were terrible, with no game plan whatsoever, our goalkeeper Armstrong never kicked the ball upfield from a goal kick, either a maximum of a 2-metre pass to a full-back, or when he caught the ball rolled it to a full-back who passed it to another fullback and then to the goalie who was always challenged by the Ipswich forwards and a hurried kick up field was made, and corner kicks were short and Ipswich full-backs always seemed to win the second ball.

A decent academy coach should be high on the list, because there was nothing on show today to give you any confidence about our young players improving.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:15 pm

And the 3 sides immediately below us in the league have a number of games in hand. This is very concerning.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:28 pm

glad i was in work and i missed it now, purse needs to go at the end of the season hes useless.

this has gone on long enough now :banghead:

Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Ian, 3 years under Darren Purse We have Struggled, yet the Hierarchy back Purse and Glen Williams Media Wales???

Table before Today:

The table doesn't lie, that looks very bad and very sad, time for big changes!

Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:33 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Table before Today:

The table doesn't lie, that looks very bad and very sad, time for big changes!

We are shocking now for 3yrs, clubs like Colchester beat us.

Very very sad

Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:34 pm

:cry: :cry:

Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Table before Today:

I've no idea why cheap £££ i guess.

I'd ditch the whole thing. Go back to the old pontins reserve leagues they need to something like that from years ago. f**k the age groups it won't make them.

Where youngsters played men coming back from injury and so on not this whole under 21 crap. You hit 16 and you was in the reserves if you was good enough if not off you go. The easy way. They gained more vs a seasoned pro back then rather than some buck tooth teenie bopper who will probably never kick a 1st team football but that's my opinion.

If we was actually producing players who played every week for the first team all season I'd get it but we are not really. So for me it's all a waste of money clearly and half the time bigger clubs nick them and we get penny's if that for them.

Millions of pounds going to waste on it all every season, depriving the 1st team of more budget. That's my opinion on it all. :bluescarf:

Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:43 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Table before Today:

I'd ditch the whole thing. Go back to the old pontins reserve leagues they need to something like that from years ago. f**k the age groups it won't make them.

Where youngsters played men coming back from injury and so on not this whole under 21 crap. You hit 16 and you was in the reserves if you was good enough if not off you go. The easy way. They gained more vs a seasoned pro back then rather than some buck tooth teenie bopper who will probably never kick a 1st team football but that's my opinion.

If we was actually producing players who played every week for the first team all season I'd get it but we are not really. So for me it's all a waste of money clearly and half the time bigger clubs nick them and we get penny's if that for them.

Millions of pounds going to waste on it all every season, depriving the 1st team of more budget. That's my opinion on it all. :bluescarf:

Absolutely Spot on Ian,

£millions being pumped in to our Accademy and then destroyed when they make the U21’s.

Purse has to go, he’s very cheap that seems the problem.

Re: YET AGAIN: Robinson to start for u21s

Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:53 pm

EB mentioned the academy the other day so perhaps he will get changes done.
Should be more DJ always watched academy games.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:58 pm

JulesK wrote:EB mentioned the academy the other day so perhaps he will get changes done.
Should be more DJ always watched academy games.

I hope so Jules, we need change.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:04 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Table before Today:

While I agree with most of what you said you did forget to tell people to get off your lawn at the end.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:15 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Table before Today:

While I agree with most of what you said you did forget to tell people to get off your lawn at the end.

I have a gardener who mows my lawn so he would probably tell them that :lol: :bluescarf:

Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:26 pm

Results wise its looking pretty bad again with Purse getting the blame.
Most people have not allowed that there must be at least 8 out on loan that are missing from this squad.
If this means younger boys getting game time then we have to allow for bad results, hopefully next year they improve from having this experience.

Its dificult to get right invest for future with homegrown players (academy) or buy finished article by scrapping academy
On a financial level i think we are wasting money as it does not produce many players from years of coaching in academys.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:29 pm

bluebirdrob wrote:Results wise its looking pretty bad again with Purse getting the blame.
Most people have not allowed that there must be at least 8 out on loan that are missing from this squad.
If this means younger boys getting game time then we have to allow for bad results, hopefully next year they improve from having this experience.

Its dificult to get right invest for future with homegrown players (academy) or buy finished article by scrapping academy
On a financial level i think we are wasting money as it does not produce many players from years of coaching in academys.

But the players that are out on loan, won’t make it anyway and they are not good enough.

All clubs send players out.

We are pouring money in and it’s get wasted by the Management Purse / Chesterfield.

The usual thing next year, but they come through and are going backwards.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=238212

Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:31 pm

Another poor result and every week I say I don’t know how Purse is still in the job.

Will be ridiculous if he’s still there next season.

I dislike Steve Morison for a lot but to be fair he did a much better job with the U21s than Purse is.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:42 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Another poor result and every week I say I don’t know how Purse is still in the job.

Will be ridiculous if he’s still there next season.

I dislike Steve Morison for a lot but to be fair he did a much better job with the U21s than Purse is.

With you totally Ned.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:45 pm

bluebirdrob wrote:Results wise its looking pretty bad again with Purse getting the blame.

The style he plays is shocking, the lads run out of ideas and very much can't defend, that is down to poor coaching

Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:38 am

Academies need to replicate the first team. But our first team philosophy changes every season…

Get better coaches, choose a football style and philosophy (please let it be attacking, not going back to lump it up to the big man), and stick to the footballing philosophy.

If you change first team manger, you still get one who fits the club so the academies stay pretty much the same.

None of this is hard, some of the most successful teams do this because it’s common sense and proven.

Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:21 pm

There is a big problem there and I hope this Summer there is movement.