Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

it really does go to show

Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:49 pm

we are poor at creating chances, ugbo has once again scored today, and from the match today chances are few and far between

is this buluts tactics/system fault ? or is it the lack of quality of players to create them, one thing we cant deny we are damn good at set pieces but rubbish from open play.

im hoping if the manager stays the summer transfer window can fix this issue and if it dont well then its on the manager, buzzing with the three points today erol is a derby master it seems :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :thumbright:

Re: it really does go to show

Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:12 pm

The default pass for everyone still seems to be backwards first, sideways second & forward into the box as a last resort and this is why nobody who joins us as a forward is going to score a hatful with that attitude, no matter who it is.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:57 pm

We knew at the start of the season we had a poor strike force and we knew it after the January window, so no one should be surprised by a lack of open play goals; it was (sort of) inevitable...

Erol Bulut certainly knew it and he said so; he also said he wanted/needed to get 'better'

Why people are seemingly believing we should have kept Ugbo is confusing to say the least...

Let me remind people what many said on here when he was here, (quote) "too slow", "immobile", "one-dimensional", "contributes little but turns up in the right place now and then"

Need I go on...? :?

Most were 'happy' to see Ugbo gone and now some of the same people seem to think he was/could have been some sort of Messiah...!

Trust me, he wasn't and wouldn't be...! ;) :lol:

Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:42 am

Sven wrote:We knew at the start of the season we had a poor strike force and we knew it after the January window, so no one should be surprised by a lack of open play goals; it was (sort of) inevitable...

Erol Bulut certainly knew it and he said so; he also said he wanted/needed to get 'better'

Why people are seemingly believing we should have kept Ugbo is confusing to say the least...

Let me remind people what many said on here when he was here, (quote) "too slow", "immobile", "one-dimensional", "contributes little but turns up in the right place now and then"

Most were 'happy' to see Ugbo gone and now some of the same people seem to think he was/could have been some sort of Messiah...!

I think its more than fact that a slow useless striker is now banging them in

so our tactics are clearly not very good if a striker like him can go away and bang that many in?

And if it isn't the tactics it's the wingers/midfielders not creating enough or lack quality.

Like againts bristol yet again from open play we don't create or take chances, another set play gets us a goal

I can't help but feel the players seem too scared to carry the ball to make things happen it's frustrating

Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:10 am

Sven wrote:We knew at the start of the season we had a poor strike force and we knew it after the January window, so no one should be surprised by a lack of open play goals; it was (sort of) inevitable...

Its very similar to the Bulut discussion, Sven. A lot of the people who said "Get him out he's useless bla bla bla" only weeks ago, are now saying give him a new contract.

Ugbo, Meite, even Haaland would struggle in this team for open play goals, we don't have a playmaker who is happy to take a risk by playing balls through, they would rather play backwards or sideways.

Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:08 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:

Its very similar to the Bulut discussion, Sven. A lot of the people who said "Get him out he's useless bla bla bla" only weeks ago, are now saying give him a new contract.

Ugbo, Meite, even Haaland would struggle in this team for open play goals, we don't have a playmaker who is happy to take a risk by playing balls through, they would rather play backwards or sideways.

We do his name is Rubin Colwill......Again pushed out wide left yesterday by the manager. Also he's more concerned with his 'lack of chasing back & defending, rather than playing through balls or scoring goals.
That was a total waste of a player yesterday.

Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:37 pm

Our championship-level players are defenders and defensive midfielders

Keepers,Perry, three centre halfs, Ralls, Sio and to annoy a few Wintle. Attacking wise its Grants who is a workhorse

O'Dowda, Rambo have been unavailable and Robinson has lost all form since his injury.

We don't create much and Ugbo is a finisher. We are a solid championship outfit who rely on set plays

The summer signings need to be attackers and we can have an 8 pager on Colwill.