Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bulut in or out ?

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:35 pm

I'm back on the fence didnt want to offer him a new contravt but weve turned the corner the last 3 games we look a lot more organised defensively.

Re: Bulut in or out ?

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:38 pm

Shows what can happen if you don’t chop and change.

He’s come out of the other side pretty well so far.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:38 pm

Surely the guy has to be given a few transfer windows with a budget to spend to get a fair chance to see how good he really is.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:40 pm

salopiancity wrote:Surely the guy has to be given a few transfer windows with a budget to spend to get a fair chance to see how good he really is.

Like I said I'm on the fence and you could be right .

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:40 pm

I'm back on the fence :laughing6:

Right now, 51% yes, 49% no. :laughing6:

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:41 pm

As I said before I'm not a fan of this whole chop and change managers, they need time to build a squad that is theirs and can play their way.

3 Derby wins out of 3, I'd give him at least until the end of the season, and if the board are willing to back him, new contract for a year l

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:43 pm

We need attackers. Give him a decent one or two then lets see.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:45 pm

He needs a summer with his own team, and actually backed by the board and not be let down once again, I'm not getting ahead of myself though bristol where shite and we can't get a goal from open play. Give him a summer window and a 12 month extention

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:46 pm

I’m still 50-50 as I have been for months.

I am worried because Tan etc would not get better.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:47 pm

As I've said previously, patience is required and a couple of proper transfer windows for the guy to shoe his worth... :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:49 pm

Sometimes you need patience with a new Manager. Otherwise you’ve got what’s gone before.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:49 pm

Sven wrote:As I've said previously, patience is required and a couple of proper transfer windows for the guy to shoe his worth... :ayatollah:

Chris,
I am with you and he needs backing to bring who he wants in.

Going to be quite a few players going out in the summer interesting times.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:50 pm

His tactics are too negative for me but as others have mentioned would Tan get anyone better.
Still on the fence for me.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:53 pm

Same as I’ve always been,The Bulut Train :occasion5:

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:56 pm

I'm 100% new contract

Yes, at times, his tactics have been questioned but with a positive transfer window, and better players, I think his tactics will improve next season.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:12 pm

I am torn, we need continuity but is he brave enough or is he a professional and i am a fan?

We really have nowt up top. Bowlers L1 and Tanner and Etete are not even EFL. As soon as Meite came on we suddenly had a foothold in the game and Colwell and Turnbull had a platform.

He annoys me, but we do well against similar teams and just don't have the guns to lay a glove on the better teams. So he must be getting the most out of what he has.

I am "in" but wouldn't be devastated if he left but he has had a season and knows what the championship he can only get better with backing $$$$$$$

Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:37 pm

Defensively missing McGuiness, don’t look as organised or confident without him…

Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:38 pm

That’s a poor pair of performances from the Worzels, their fans are up in arms. Love it! It’s an equal game for me as the jacks. And we turned up on derby day yet again. It was a poor game but a good performance , solid even. So I’m also wandering back to the fence having been on EB out side all season. Thanks for the derby wins Erol! But man whatever we have done and will fo this season, it’s without a striker. Etete worked hard again, Meite too. But we sure would be a decent side with a good striker. It’s an ongoing historic issue, and many championship clubs are in the same boat.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:51 pm

In. We are fine now our players have settled in. We were rocky after Jan but that’s cos we bought new players who hadn’t settled and our current players were shattered

Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:53 pm

70% out. I don’t think he’s tactically good enough or the man to take us forward.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:56 pm

OliverTwistCymru wrote:Defensively missing McGuiness, don’t look as organised or confident without him…

Really I think we look more solid with Phillips

Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:00 pm

I was very frustrated a couple of weeks ago and had we lost to Stoke I think that would have been the final straw but credit to him he has turned it around. Bulut has also now won three derby matches. He is not perfect but we have to stick at something and build. We need a couple more windows and I think there could be more to come from Turkey and Europe. We are not going to get a manager like Cooper etc either. Once we our mathematically safe, give him a new contract and let him get on the front foot for signing this summer.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:05 pm

Definitely out

Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:08 pm

Backtoblue wrote:
OliverTwistCymru wrote:Defensively missing McGuiness, don’t look as organised or confident without him…

Yes I think Phillips is better too.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

I think he's done enough to earn at least two transfer windows. I've never joined the 'Bulut out' people but neither am I 100% convinced that he is right for us in the long term. But we won't know unless we give him a chance.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:30 pm

I've been unsure of late like most of us but I think the only time we can really make a judgment is when he has a decent full window and these things also take a bit of time too. And as a couple of others have pointed out, he's probably the best option we have under the current board. Great win today, we needed that.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:31 pm

Definitely should be given a new contract for next season .I believe it’s a steep learning curve from Turkey to the Championship and he would have a better understanding what’s required now .Shift out some more deadwood if possible and get some more of his own players early in the summer especially attacking players and let’s see how he performs . :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:20 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Sven wrote:As I've said previously, patience is required and a couple of proper transfer windows for the guy to shoe his worth... :ayatollah:

Chris,
I am with you and he needs backing to bring who he wants in.

Going to be quite a few players going out in the summer interesting times.

Karl, as expected with several players out of contract and others not getting a look in...

As for Bulut, who would seriously be the alternative...?

Steve Cooper wouldn't come here...yet; and the other 'love-in' managers, Tan's Steve Morison and some fans Neil Warnock, are having mares at their current clubs...

Morison can't 'bully' a win, and Warnock no wins in 6...

Just saying, like...! ;) :laughing6:

Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:49 pm

The last 3 games have been against 3 very poor teams. Let’s see how the remainder of the season plays out before we consider in or out. At least we don’t have to worry about relegation now.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:54 pm

Backtoblue wrote:

I agree