Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ A flat game but a big win “

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:26 pm

That was a very flat game by both teams.

But a big win for us :ayatollah:

Turnbull has to be our regular set piece taker. Got the assist for the goal and all his other deliveries were dangerous.

Meite needs to start ahead of Etete.

Still concerned at how deep we sit when we’re leading.

But that’s the double done over Bristol :bluebird:

Re: “ A flat game but a big win “

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:31 pm

A wins a win nothing much more to say tbh siopis was my man of the match broke everything they done up today :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:32 pm

Controlled performance and we deserved to edge it. Thought Bristol were poor, very flat. Meite changed the attack when he came on. Great to see O'Dowda back. Although he has faults Bulut has won three derby matches. We are all but safe now too with just a couple of wins to make it certain.

Great win, awful football again but take the win. Just don’t see Bulut as the man to ultimately take us forward.

Good win for us. 7 out of the last 9. 12 clear of relegation at the moment of posting.

Meite over Etete and Turnbull set pieces is a must l, agreed.

Thought Tanner ran and pressed well since he came on, maybe the bollocking has grounded him a bit.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:34 pm

2 sitting midfielders is just too negative

But a wholehearted performance today and just about deserved the win

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:35 pm

Thought we controlled the game though from start to finish turnball man of the match for me great result a few more on the gate now wednesday then building for moores return with ipswich saturday

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:36 pm

Some solid defending today. Broken record, but we look far less solid with JC on.

I also cant see McGuiness getting back in. Phillips and Goutas are quality together. Sign a decent left back and we're good at the back in my opinion.

Bristol were poor in the final 3rd, but we were very organised. A tense last 15 but the juices were flowing.

Well done lads!!!!!

Nice to see O'Dowda back! Please hold up till summer!!!

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:36 pm

Great win for us. Defended well.

I thought hovarth was solid, when needed. But overall solid display.

Derbiy games are always tougher, but 3 out of 3, think we all would’ve taken that.

Up the bluebirds

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:39 pm

Too negative for me and I don't see this manager taking us to be a top 6 team with his tactics.
Brilliant 3 points,Brilliant double and almost safe now bar a disaster.
Absolutely delighted, well done City.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:40 pm

I thought first half was flat, second half higher tempo, good atmosphere, decent solid performance by us. Great win, really happy with that, considering away from home v a rival. :bluescarf:
Last edited by royalblue on Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:41 pm

Great win. Especially following our last away game ( against admittedly a better team)
We battled well
Keeper looks very good, Turnbull played well and NG has been consistently good all season
I just love beating those lot too

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:42 pm

I thought our game plan worked a treat and we deservedly won the game with a trademark set-piece... :clap:

Impressed with Horvath in goal and the battling of the back four...

The midfield were solid and woorked hard for each other, whilst the attack phases might have been better served with Meitie on from the start...

Erol Bulut got it to work again today and we roll on to a home game versus the potato-peelers of Huddersfield in good spirit... :ayatollah:

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:43 pm

montyblue wrote:Thought we controlled the game though from start to finish turnball man of the match for me great result a few more on the gate now wednesday then building for moores return with ipswich saturday

Agreed Monty.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:46 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:Controlled performance and we deserved to edge it. Thought Bristol were poor, very flat. Meite changed the attack when he came on. Great to see O'Dowda back. Although he has faults Bulut has won three derby matches. We are all but safe now too with just a couple of wins to make it certain.

We now have 47 points, 48 should be enough to see us safe, one more win and it's 50 points. Nobody goes down with 50 points. :thumbup:

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:47 pm

Little bits of good play, great defending and a goal from a set piece. Striker desperately needed still

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:57 pm

Table:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:20 pm

cityone wrote:
EastleighBlue wrote:Controlled performance and we deserved to edge it. Thought Bristol were poor, very flat. Meite changed the attack when he came on. Great to see O'Dowda back. Although he has faults Bulut has won three derby matches. We are all but safe now too with just a couple of wins to make it certain.

We now have 47 points, 48 should be enough to see us safe, one more win and it's 50 points. Nobody goes down with 50 points. :thumbup:

I disagree. 50 will not be enough this year. Stoke are currently third bottom with 38 points and 11 to play. The relegation fight will be hugely close this year with a number of teams involved. Even Sheff Wed are still in it. I predict a team will go down with 50+ points this year which is unusual.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:40 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:
cityone wrote:

I disagree. 50 will not be enough this year. Stoke are currently third bottom with 38 points and 11 to play. The relegation fight will be hugely close this year with a number of teams involved. Even Sheff Wed are still in it. I predict a team will go down with 50+ points this year which is unusual.

Agree.

It’s difficult to guarantee anything in this league.

Not many would have backed QPR to win at Leicester and ten man Huddersfield to draw with Leeds.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:16 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
montyblue wrote:Thought we controlled the game though from start to finish turnball man of the match for me great result a few more on the gate now wednesday then building for moores return with ipswich saturday

Agreed Monty.

Bluebird 1962

Hope your enjoying your holiday budd
be out in palma in may then home for 2 days then 3 weeks in bonnie scoty in motorhome be down in cardiff in motorhome wed till sunday taking in both games.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:20 pm

montyblue wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Agreed Monty.

Bluebird 1962

be out in palma in may then home for 2 days then 3 weeks in bonnie scoty in motorhome be down in cardiff in motorhome wed till sunday taking in both games.

Loving it mate. Just the job after a bout of illness and the issue with Finley. Palms be lovely in May mate :thumbup:

Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:42 pm

[quote="bluebirdoct1962"][quote="montyblue"][quote="bluebirdoct1962"][quote="montyblue"]Thought we controlled the game though from start to finish turnball man of the match for me great result a few more on the gate now wednesday then building for moores return with ipswich saturday[/quote]
Agreed Monty.[/quote]

Bluebird 1962

be out in palma in may then home for 2 days then 3 weeks in bonnie scoty in motorhome be down in cardiff in motorhome wed till sunday taking in both games.[/quote]
Loving it mate. Just the job after a bout of illness and the issue with Finley. Palms be lovely in May mate :thumbup:[/quote]

Glad your enjoying and all those seasons to come holding the little fellas hand and taking him into the city stadium for years to come enjoy it all mate.

Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:54 pm

EastleighBlue wrote:
cityone wrote:

You may well be correct. I looked at the average stats for the last 9 seasons and 49/50 is the highest so far for safety. Rotherham are down but the table is then tight up to 38/42 pts, lower teams now picking up points and there's a bit of consolidation in the lower end too. It could be an interesting run in this year.

Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:25 am

At the end of the day ... It's 3 pts and that's what results are based on where a club ends up at the end of the season .