Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING: BLUEBIRDS V McKAY BACK IN COURT

Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:43 pm

Cardiff City issued contempt of court proceedings against Willie, Janice and Mark McKay on February 28 and a hearing will take place in Cardiff on March 5; if the court finds contempt was committed, the McKays could face a fine, imprisonment, or confiscation of assets.
Sky Sports News
Thursday 29 February 2024 13:05, UK

Cardiff City have filed contempt of court proceedings against Willie McKay, after it was claimed the football agent failed to comply with an out-of-court agreement relating to the Emiliano Sala transfer in January 2019.

The latest development comes weeks after Cardiff and McKay reached an agreement, where McKay agreed to hand over any documentation relating to the transfer.

The Welsh club sued McKay, requiring him to search for and hand over documents relating to the Sala transfer in January 2019.

As part of the settlement, McKay's wife Janice and son Mark were added to the dispute and were required to hand over documents by February 26.

Cardiff's legal team claim that neither party has complied with the agreement; failing to hand over documents nor provide details of searches undertaken in relation to Sala's transfer from Nantes to Cardiff.

Cardiff issued contempt of court proceedings against Willie, Janice and Mark McKay on February 28 and a hearing will take place in Cardiff on March 5.

If the court finds contempt was committed, the McKays could face a fine, imprisonment, or confiscation of assets.

Sala was due to complete a club-record fee move to Cardiff from Nantes during the January transfer window in 2019 but died after his private plane crashed over the English Channel.

Cardiff have sued Nantes in France and sued McKay in order to gain information about his involvement in the transfer.

Cardiff City say they continue "to search for the truth about what happened to Emiliano Sala and will pursue all undisclosed evidence relentlessly".

IPS Law's Chris Farnell is representing the McKays and told Sky Sports News that his client would not be commenting at this time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING: BLUEBIRDS V McKAY BACK IN COURT

Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 pm

I find this incredibly surreal; but then I look at who is involved, the apparrent lack of contrition and the lengths he has already been to, so maybe we shouldn't be surprised...

I say go get him, Vincent...! :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:31 pm

No doubt some will complain but IMHO the club are legally and morally right in going after every bit of information these people know to get to the truth.

Nothing but disgust toward them. They know they were involved in two deaths but still create diversions.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:36 pm

JulesK wrote:No doubt some will complain but IMHO the club are legally and morally right in going after every bit of information these people know to get to the truth.

Nothing but disgust toward them. They know they were involved in two deaths but still create diversions.

Spot on, Jules; but in this instance I think most will agree with the club (nee Tan) stance... :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:42 pm

The McKays really are vile human beings who were involved in the death of 2 men and there is blood on their hands

Who the fcuk do they think they are and in this particular instance I would implore Tan to throw everything at this case and hopefully 1 or 2 of the McKays will end up in prison where they belong

Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:52 pm

Really not a fan of all the court case that Tan has brought, especially as many of them we have had no chance of winning.

But with these lot, I say take them for all their worth. Just a horrible group of people really.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:04 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Really not a fan of all the court case that Tan has brought, especially as many of them we have had no chance of winning.

But with these lot, I say take them for all their worth. Just a horrible group of people really.

Too many on here are letting their hatred of Tan cloud their better judgement.He had to go through all this to get to where he is now.I think when the dust finally settles on all of this Tan will be the only one to come out of it with any honour at all.Certainly Nantes or Makay won't.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:53 pm

On McKay rightly so and a couple more closer to our club at the time should all be brought to justice.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:57 pm

eddie j wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Really not a fan of all the court case that Tan has brought, especially as many of them we have had no chance of winning.

Too many on here are letting their hatred of Tan cloud their better judgement.He had to go through all this to get to where he is now.I think when the dust finally settles on all of this Tan will be the only one to come out of it with any honour at all.Certainly Nantes or Makay won't.

Agree

Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:On McKay rightly so and a couple more closer to our club at the time should all be brought to justice.

WARNOCK?

Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:04 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:On McKay rightly so and a couple more closer to our club at the time should all be brought to justice.

WARNOCK?

One of them yes in my opinion.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:36 pm

for this tan should go all out,and anyone else involved should be dragged into it aswell.
this is the dark underworld of football that nobody likes, mckay is scum

Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:56 pm

Annis, don't we know it...! :clap: :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:01 pm

Sven wrote:

Annis, don't we know it...! :clap: :ayatollah:

Chris,

We do indeed.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:51 pm

Sven wrote:
JulesK wrote:No doubt some will complain but IMHO the club are legally and morally right in going after every bit of information these people know to get to the truth.

Spot on, Jules; but in this instance I think most will agree with the club (nee Tan) stance... :ayatollah:

Agree completely, anyone with an own mind will agree with the club’s stance on this.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:36 pm

Can’t help but feel for the Sala family with what they’ve gone through. Justice however must still be sought.

Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:02 am

Agree .

Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:43 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

WARNOCK?

100%.

Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:47 am

Hmmm! I wonder who or what persuaded McKay not to hand over the documents on time?

Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

WARNOCK?

Annis, I’ve been saying this for years.

Many said I had a vendetta against Warnock but many people are now seeing the truth.

His relationship with certain agents will come to light. People will see he’s not the angel that everyone thinks.

Every top manager becomes a top manager at a cost. The likes of Ferguson, Wenger, Guardiola, Klopp etc have broken the rules at some point.

Warnock is no different.