Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Troy Perrett ‘

Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:35 am

Cardiff youngster Troy Perrett called up to Darren Purses Cardiff City U21’s, please Purse don’t ruin him, the lad has a lot of potential.

Already a Wales U19 player and still only 17 years old.

Cardiff youngster Troy Perrett has been rewarded for his prolific goalscoring ability at age-grade level with a call-up to the under-21s this season.

The forward, who is just 17, has already been making his mark. Perrett has been recognised at international level, with Wales under-19s having called him up, while he netted an eye-catching goal in the Bluebirds' under-21s victory over Charlton Athletic last week.

Speaking about the goal and his Wales call-up, Perrett said:

"It was really nice to make an impact, especially coming off the bench.To score was even better. I just wanted to help the team win and get three points, which is a really good achievement for me.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Troy Perrett ‘

Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:22 am

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:41 am

If the lad is good enough he is old enough to really push forward. Wayne Rooney and our own John Toshack made the first teams at Everton and Cardiff City at 16 respectively. Revamping the coaching personnel in the 21 and youth sections has to be a priority this summer before potentially millions of our young Bluebird talent is cast to the wind. Most certainly the kid Perrett can't be any worse than Etete surely?

Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:11 pm

The old football cliché goes: if they're good enough, they're old enough.

Bypass Purse and get him in the first team squad. That's what clubs like Southampton and Norwich would do.

Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:52 pm

Definitely when you see the ages of some of the youngsters playing last night in the Blackburn v Newcastle game

Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:20 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:The old football cliché goes: if they're good enough, they're old enough.

Bypass Purse and get him in the first team squad. That's what clubs like Southampton and Norwich would do.

Yes I am all for that.

In the past, when there were only 1 or 2 substitutes, they wouldn't have got a look in.

But now that we have 9 substitutes, and can use 5, it makes sense to have someone like this training with the first team.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:57 am

Paul Keevil wrote:
Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:The old football cliché goes: if they're good enough, they're old enough.

Yes I am all for that.

In the past, when there were only 1 or 2 substitutes, they wouldn't have got a look in.

But now that we have 9 substitutes, and can use 5, it makes sense to have someone like this training with the first team.

We you both on this :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:27 am

Replies:

Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:47 am

My son played with Troy in his very early years for Island Marine in Barry. I could see how far ahead he was of all kids. Speed of mind and football brain from such a young age. Been a pleasure to follow his progress as with my son and hope to see him where the blue shirt soon.

Bags of ability and potential player for city