Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Bulut: “ Loves him “

Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:10 am

Erol Bulut:

"I have said my opinion about giving Joe a new contract ," Bulut said earlier this month when asked about Ralls' contract situation. "The board is handling it until now. I don't know in which direction they manage it. I am of the same opinion, that we have to renew the contract.”

Despite Ralls actually only playing four full 90mins this season, Ralls does start many games and is a big influence on the pitch.
But Ralls does get a lot of niggling injuries, when he pkwys you can see the difference in the City side.

"In my opinion, he is an important captain of this team. Thirteen years he has been here.”

“So, we cannot say, 'Ah, at the end of the season, you go.' This is my opinion. What other people think, I don't know. This is my opinion about the captain and Joe Ralls, we have to renew his contract."

So many players have seen their contracts renewed this season, which has been something of a departure from how the club have handled that sort of business in recent times. It's been a real positive – but now Ralls must be next.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Erol Bulut: “ Loves him “

Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:39 pm

Annis, we have to keep him he's mr cardiff city he's been around for years knows the club inside out, he can still get on the pitch and change it for us aswell

Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:19 pm

I heard from a very reliable person that both board and management want Joe to sign a new contract.

However it's not that straightforward for Joe. He wants things to change before signing.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:05 pm

I would give him a 1 year extention. Some experience for the youngsters to learn from, whilst also being a decent squad player. May not play a full 90 anymore but also gives time for Turnbull to settle in properly

Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:08 pm

my MOTM on Saturday against stoke, stand our player in a rather poor side