Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Favourite all time manager ?

Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:20 am

Who's your favourite all time manager ? I loved good old Lennie Lawrence, dave Jones aswell Nothing but great memories with those managers.

I can add malky in that with the amazing football we played under him, I'm sure older fans will have there favourites from yesteryear

Re: Favourite all time manager ?

Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:36 am

kyle08 wrote:Who's your favourite all time manager ? I loved good old Lennie Lawrence, dave Jones aswell Nothing but great memories with those managers.

I can add malky in that with the amazing football we played under him, I'm sure older fans will have there favourites from yesteryear

Dave jones for the quality of football rather than the character of the man. Loved Eddie May the person and the team at that time. :bluescarf:

Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:42 am

Dave Jones followed closely by Malky

Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:54 am

Warnock hands down. Reunited the club behind the team.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:59 am

Malky edges it

Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:09 am

Fred Stewart the only manager thats brought genuine success to the club and still talked about 100 years later

Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:22 am

Underhill1927 wrote:Warnock hands down. Reunited the club behind the team.

Underhill 1927

Totally agree best mamager with fans by a country mile did his job got not a great team to the prem but togetherness was second to none players would run through walls for him except "murphy"

How many managers would invite all the players to there home for a barbeque in there garden.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:52 am

Jimmy Scoular, Jimmy Andrew’s, Len Ashurst , Frankie Burrows, Eddie May, Malky Mackay , even Neil Warnock, really liked all these.

But Eddie May might just beat Malky. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:56 am

Jimmy Scoular with Neil Warnock being his boot cleaner.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:03 am

Eddie May for me as just a great time following City home and away even thou lower division football For good football it will be Dave Jones

Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:04 am

Malky for me :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:26 am

"What's his name"

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie May

Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:40 am

For me. Jimmy Andrews followed by malky :bluebird: :bluescarf: :old:

Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:58 am

Didn’t watch a single match under Malky (due to rebrand boycott). What made him so well liked?

Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:00 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:Didn’t watch a single match under Malky (due to rebrand boycott). What made him so well liked?

He got us to the Premier.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:05 pm

Frank burrows for me. RIP :cry: then it would be the usual saying from mr dust ourselves down and go again dave jones just for entertaining football.
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:07 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:Didn’t watch a single match under Malky (due to rebrand boycott). What made him so well liked?

He got us to the Premier.

That’s not why I liked Malky, Ian.

First season in Blue, No money, League Cup Final, Play-off Semi- Final.

When we got promoted I walked out 30mins from the end and sat in The Ninian Park Pub, No enjoyment at all.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:40 pm

He was a very good manager got us playing some quality stuff, shame it ended like it did to be honest

Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:40 pm

Dave Jones. Assembled the best footballing team(s) I've seen over the years. Knew the division PERFECTLY. Managed some lunatics on last chance saloon.

Whittingham being the backbone of it all.

I love seeing the highlights of that era

Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:14 pm

SB 1927 wrote:Dave Jones. Assembled the best footballing team(s) I've seen over the years. Knew the division PERFECTLY. Managed some lunatics on last chance saloon.

Whittingham being the backbone of it all.

I love seeing the highlights of that era

if only we ever seen him get the backing malky got, i have no doubt we would of got in the prem

Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:42 pm

For me there’s only one and that is Jimmy Scoular , no messing with him

Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:25 pm

For pure enjoyment of being a city fan it has to be Eddie May, great era.

For the football it's Dave Jones.

Also loved Jimmy Andrews, Malky and Warnock days.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:49 pm

MikeO76 wrote:For pure enjoyment of being a city fan it has to be Eddie May, great era.

For the football it's Dave Jones.

Also loved Jimmy Andrews, Malky and Warnock days.

Totally agree with all that. :bluebird:
Met Malky in hotel in Blackpool they were staying at - total gentleman who had all the time in the world for me and my questions. :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:59 pm

Dave Jones.

We give it effort all the time and played some great football. Also the FA Cup run to the final was something to be proud of.

Many great memories.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:24 pm

Dave Jones was the best in the transfer market he did what we should still be doing now signing young premier league players that can't quite get into the first team for good prices and he had a eye for a bargin. Good brand of football also. Malky also great first season, no money, hard working organised team seemed like a sound guy also, 2nd season was good football just a shame about the rebrand. And obviously then warnocks first season and a half.

Was actually thinking the other day the best times in terms of football were in fact the whole time Peter Whittingham was at our club. RIP.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:32 pm

Jimmy scouler

Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:33 pm

Toss up between Eddie May or Frankie Burrows

Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:37 pm

Eddie may or dave Jones

Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:38 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:Toss up between Eddie May or Frankie Burrows

Good call frankie was a no nonsense guy.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Jimmy Scoular, Jimmy Andrew’s, Len Ashurst , Frankie Burrows, Eddie May, Malky Mackay , even Neil Warnock, really liked all these.

But Eddie May might just beat Malky. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Pretty much with you on that list, although you'll be pleased to know I would swap Warnock for DJ in that last sentence...! :ayatollah: :lol: