Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jarrod Bowen

Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:39 pm

He’s surely got to be up there with the best players we’ve missed out on, especially in recent years.

Scored a good hattrick for West Ham tonight.

We had the chance to sign him twice.

The first was when he was young and he had a trial with us, but we decided he wasn’t good enough.

The second was in 2019. We tried to sign him after what happened with Sala, but he decided it wasn’t the right time to move to our club.

You do have to wonder whether we would have stayed up if he’d signed for us.

Re: Jarrod Bowen

Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:43 pm

Didn't we go to sign Diaz aswell, but opted for Murphy? lol

Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:44 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:He’s surely got to be up there with the best players we’ve missed out on, especially in recent years.

The first was when he was young and he had a trial with us, but we decided he wasn’t good enough.

The second was in 2019. We tried to sign him after what happened with Sala, but he decided it wasn’t the right time to move to our club.

Too small they said he was? What a mistake

Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:35 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:He’s surely got to be up there with the best players we’ve missed out on, especially in recent years.

Agree - Has to be up there with the one that got away :(

Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:07 am

Bulut would play him full back!! :bluescarf:

Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:35 am

Lets be honest the rate at which he improved we would have sold him to make a few quid.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:44 am

My son played with him in Hereford both the same age Before he went to Hull he stated that he approach City again about a trial and heard nothing back Within a few months of that he was in their premier league squad.

Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:02 pm

Going back some time I know but I seem to remember Jimmy Andrews saying " Gordon Davies will never make a professional footballer" or words to that effect. Long before the internet but the Echo were really pushing for us to take him from Merthyr.

Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:28 pm

epping blue wrote:

Going back some time I know but I seem to remember Jimmy Andrews saying " Gordon Davies will never make a professional footballer" or words to that effect. Long before the internet but the Echo were really pushing for us to take him from Merthyr.

I thought it was because we already had 2 more than adequate players in the same position (Tony Evans & Ray Bishop).