Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Erol Bulut: “I said after the last game where we drew at ho

Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:01 am

Erol Bulut:

“I said after the last game where we drew at home that it was a chance to get some of our confidence back." the Gaffer began. "We got one point in that, we would’ve liked to have taken three, and this game was to continue to build on our confidence.

"It was a must today to get the three points and I’m really satisfied with the performance of the team. Of course you can add more in parts of the game, but the first half was really good, we scored two goals.

"Then, after they scored, we had to fight to the end to not concede a second. Football is pressure. Our jobs are pressure.

“At home today, there was pressure because we didn’t win for a long time here, and the fans want a win, to get three points and see good football.

"On Tuesday we could’ve won, but we didn’t. Thanks to today, the team and the players are on a better level than they were 10 days ago.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Erol Bulut: “I said after the last game where we drew a

Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:05 am

20/02/2024 Cardiff City 0 Blackburn 0 Crowd 17,131 Away Support 369

24/02/2024 Cardiff City 2 Stoke City 1 Crowd Away Support

02/03/2024 12:30pm Bristol City v Cardiff City Crowd Away Support
06/03/2024 19:45 Cardiff City v Huddersfield Town Crowd Away Support

Live on Sky 09/03/2024 12:30pm Ipswich Town (h)

Live on Sky tv: 16/03/2024 12:30pm Swansea City (a)

29/03/2024 15:00 Sunderland (h)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:21 am

Sky Sports:

Cardiff's Erol Bulut:

"When we had the last win at home, it was a long time ago. The confidence was not the best in the team because we lost games.

"I said after the last game (against Blackburn), 'this is a game where we have to get our confidence back'. We got one point and this game was to continue to build on our confidence.

"It was a must today to get three points. I'm really satisfied with the performance of the team.

"Of course, you can add in parts of the game, better football, but in the situation we're in right now, the first half was really good. We scored two goals, we got an early goal from a free-kick.

"We fought until the end to not concede a second goal."

Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:26 am

Sky Sports:

Stoke's Steven Schumacher:

"It's understandable because we've lost another game of football. I think they can see that the players have tried and gave 100 per cent.

"In two key areas of the game we haven't been good enough. That's been a recurring theme throughout the whole season - not just lately - and that's why we're in the position that we're in.

"So we get it, all we ask is, we all need to stick together because we're going to need their support for the next 12 games.

"It's similar to what I've said numerous times since I've been here. A team that's been in control of the game, created more chances than the opposition, had more corners and more attempts at goal, but we've lost it because we've been punished from two errors and haven't been clinical in our finishing."

Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:42 pm

In this League you should go into a game with a must not Lose mentality - To build a set set of results .
The gap is not as big as it is in the Premier League - bar the odd the result .