Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How many points will we get over the next nine games?

You may select 1 option

View results

“ Next nine games - how many points? “

Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:27 pm

Between now and March 16th (a month next Friday), we have nine games. That will take us to the final international break of the season.

These are those nine games:

Preston North End (h) - Sat Feb 10th, 3pm

West Bromwich Albion (a) - Tues Feb 13th, 8pm

Norwich City (a) - Sat Feb 17th, 3pm

Blackburn Rovers (h) - Tues Feb 20th, 7.45pm

Stoke City (h) - Sat Feb 24th, 3pm

Bristol City (a) - Sat March 2nd, 3pm

Huddersfield Town (h) - Weds March 6th, 7.45pm

Ipswich Town (h) - Sat March 9th, 3pm

Swansea City (a) - Sat March 16th, 3pm

Fixtures obviously subject to change.

How many points will we get in those nine games?

Important part of the season, as after these five weeks or so there will just be eight games left.

Re: “ Next nine games - how many points? “

Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:32 pm

If the new signings click, and Ramsey stays fit and plays and instrumental part, I don’t see why we can’t get 15-21 points.

Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:07 pm

I gone for 14. Hope we click and get a lot more

Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:54 pm

Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:11 am

Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:15 am

A lot of that, will depend on how the manager selects, starts and manages his team during game time.

Saturday showed that we shut up shop way too early, taking off our creative and best players on the day. We
came away with three points, but on another day, better finishers would have left us with nothing. Let's hope both management and coaches are learning each week. We've better players at our disposal after the window, will be interesting
to see formation and patterns of play from Preston forward.

To reach 50 points is the target, forget gong up this season, we're not ready in a million years. The Blades , Burnley & Everton would give us a walloping...... and look where they are in the Premier.

The sizzle is always better than the sausage as well! :bluescarf:

Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:33 pm

Wiggy wrote:A lot of that, will depend on how the manager selects, starts and manages his team during game time.

Saturday showed that we shut up shop way too early, taking off our creative and best players on the day. We
came away with three points, but on another day, better finishers would have left us with nothing. Let's hope both management and coaches are learning each week. We've better players at our disposal after the window, will be interesting
to see formation and patterns of play from Preston forward.

To reach 50 points is the target, forget gong up this season, we're not ready in a million years. The Blades , Burnley & Everton would give us a walloping...... and look where they are in the Premier.

The sizzle is always better than the sausage as well! :bluescarf:

Agree that we probably shouldn’t have sat back on Saturday, it led to Watford piling the pressure on us late on. Fortunately we held out for the win. I hope we attack from the start on Saturday.

But wouldn’t say that we’d get torn apart by the likes of Sheffield United and Burnley.

Leicester, Leeds and Southampton are all better teams than them. We had our moments against each of them this season, apart from maybe Southampton.

Said at the time and stand by it that Sheffield United were one of the worst teams to get automatic promotion from this league for a while.

Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:54 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I gone for 14. Hope we click and get a lot more

Me too.

Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:54 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Between now and March 16th (a month next Friday), we have nine games. That will take us to the final international break of the season.

Huddersfield Town (h) - Tues March 6th, 7.45pm

Important part of the season, as after these five weeks or so there will just be eight games left.

Worcester

Think you got the huddersfield game down for tuesday 6th i think its wed as i have booked on caravan park in cardiff 4 nights to take in that game and ipswich sat
So had to check.

Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:14 pm

Think if he doesn't hit 15 he may not be with us long.

Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:23 pm

montyblue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Between now and March 16th (a month next Friday), we have nine games. That will take us to the final international break of the season.

Huddersfield Town (h) - Tues March 6th, 7.45pm

Worcester

Think you got the huddersfield game down for tuesday 6th i think its wed as i have booked on caravan park in cardiff 4 nights to take in that game and ipswich sat
So had to check.

You’re right Monty.

Changed it now :thumbright:

Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:27 pm

12 I'm saying. Anything more be good.

Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:05 pm

Minimum of 28 or Bulut out!!

Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:35 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Minimum of 28 or Bulut out!!

They will be a few delusionals expecting that i bet or one defeat and its "sack the manager" :lol:

Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:51 pm

If I knew the answer I would be a rich man after these 9 games.
27 points available I will guess at 13 points, wanted to say a few more but the negative tactics will definitely see us drop around 5-7 points.

Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:04 pm

Wiggy

Good points well made. Is the manager and his coaching team learning? I have some doubts as Bulut (despite an awful run of form) is still persisting with dropping back to negative tactics in matches.

I wonder if he's set his stall out and is set in his ways - has he ever attempted a 442 formation with a more front footed approach when playing home games?

If we don't pick up 50% of the available points at least, I'll be disappointed.

Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:53 pm

Tuna Pasta Bake wrote:Wiggy

Good points well made. Is the manager and his coaching team learning? I have some doubts as Bulut (despite an awful run of form) is still persisting with dropping back to negative tactics in matches.

I wonder if he's set his stall out and is set in his ways - has he ever attempted a 442 formation with a more front footed approach when playing home games?

If we don't pick up 50% of the available points at least, I'll be disappointed.

I think 3-5-2 might come into play between now and end of season

Phillips probably will need to play the majority of games or we can kiss goodbye to any future loans from Liverpool

Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:16 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Minimum of 28 or Bulut out!!

:thumbup: :lol:

Seriously, a tough call, so I'll judge on performances rather than points...

A few tough games there, inc. the West Wales Cup Final... ;) :lol:

Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:07 pm

The players must leave it all out on the pitch every match bare minimum, so 100% effort.
You can soon tell if that effort isn't there because you'll lose more games than you win without it!

Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:36 pm

10-12, can't see us winning any of the away games

Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:51 am

Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:53 am

I would like to see us totally safe from relegation asap and then if we don’t have a chance of play offs to play those players who will be with us next year to get more experience Especially Colwill as I think next season will be his season to shine

Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:08 am

Abergavenny wrote:I would like to see us totally safe from relegation asap and then if we don’t have a chance of play offs to play those players who will be with us next year to get more experience Especially Colwill as I think next season will be his season to shine

To be fair, Colwill has started five of the last seven games and is doing well.

I expect him to start on Saturday too.

Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:24 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:I would like to see us totally safe from relegation asap and then if we don’t have a chance of play offs to play those players who will be with us next year to get more experience Especially Colwill as I think next season will be his season to shine

Yes he has but i want to see him given as much time as he can get as he is improving all the time. I think Colwill it is all about confidence and feeling a major part of the team

Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:01 pm

I am a little pessimistic, only predicting between 10-13 points in these matches. A lot of tough games!
Lovely to see some new faces at the club, but I'm sure all teams will be upping their game as we approach the business end of the season. If we win the next couple of matches convincingly, I will feel much more positive.

One thing I hope for is that Colwill needs to remain in the team from now on. He has the makings of a very influential player for the future, but only if he has plenty of game time.

Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:23 pm

Abergavenny wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

Yes he has but i want to see him given as much time as he can get as he is improving all the time. I think Colwill it is all about confidence and feeling a major part of the team

Yeah, can’t argue with that.

I do worry that when Ramsey is fit enough to start it will set RC back.

But he has proved himself worthy of this league.

Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:11 pm

Are we on 7 points so far, three games to go.

Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:45 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:Are we on 7 points so far, three games to go.

Be lucky to hit the 12 i guessed tbh :shock:

Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:56 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote:Are we on 7 points so far, three games to go.

Be lucky to hit the 12 i guessed tbh :shock:

Same, I said 12 perhaps we beat Huddersfield and draw with Ipswich and the Jacks.

Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:01 pm

That's 10 points with 2 games left from the original forecast of 9 games accumulation.