Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" TUESDAY OCTOBER 05th 2010 UPDATE "

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:22 pm

Great news today that Peter Whittingham has put to pen to paper on the 2 year contract extension that we revealed he would sign weeks ago on this very site. It shows that despite offers from elsewhere Peter believes that his best chance of success and another opportunity in the Premier League lays with Cardiff City.

Dave Jones has ongoing discussions with Bothroyd, McPhail and Burke. I have been awaiting news on Adam Matthews' contract situation but as yet have not received the information. Rest assured when I get it, you will hear about it on here.

Dave Jones is at Spytty Park tonight taking in the progress of Martin John, the youngster we signed on a 1 year deal and now on loan at Newport. On the subject of loans, Dave Jones would like to see a couple of his squad players go out on short term loan deals now that the squad is almost fully fit.

Difficult times for the Cardiff Blues since becoming tenants of CCS have led them to sell match tickets as unreserved seating and I understand that the Blues have raised the question with City on the possibilty of cancelling the tenancy agreement currently in place, from what I am told Cardiff City have no plans to allow the Blues to walk away from the commitment they made when they signed up and truthfully can you blame them ?

The upcoming Wales V Bulgaria game has so far sold 11,000 tickets and the club are hopeful that they will reach a gate of upto 15,000. Obviously the club wanted to sell many more tickets for this game as they hope to be granted the Wales v England match too.

One time City Chairman and CEO Peter Ridsdale is telling friends and close aides that he has 3 interested clubs, who want his services and he has told each of them that he has American investors, who he says will back the club he chooses, are these the same American backers that Peter told us that were coming to Cardiff ? When Ridsdale was at the club had a few loyal staff and it is my understanding that he has contacted these people and has told them that he wants them to work with him again. Will they take up his offer ? At least they know the wages will be good.

Bristol City have arranged a behind closed doors game against Swansea City on Thursday in preparation for their clash versus City on October 16th, I told you 2 days ago that they may hand a debut to Fairwater youngster Aaron Holloway. Many raised questions about why Aaron is at Bristol and how we had missed out on him. City in fact had Aaron and released him under the old academy run by Lee Robinson, so they didn't exactly miss out on him.

I have read many times since Craig Bellamy signed for us that he could have signed for Newcastle, Everton, Stoke, Tottenham etc but what many fans are forgetting is that there were many factors why Craig signed for us. First and foremost Man City would not allow Craig to sign for a Premier League rival, so even if Craig wanted too stay in Premiership he couldn't. Craig being a Cardiff boy wanted the home coming and to play in front of the locals was a massive draw for him, the family life too.

Craig has been doing his coaching badges and I hear on the grapevine that Craig likes the idea of becoming a manager one day. What if Bellamy wanted to become a Player/Manager ?

What would your thoughts be if Craig Bellamy became a Player/Manager of Cardiff City, how would he fare ?

We have reached the first International break of the campaign and we are in second place, despite a poor half a dozen games we have managed to stay in the automatic positions, I am so far very happy on the season thus far and is million miles from where we were 3 months ago. I sit in family stand with my children and there is nothing that gives me greater pleasure than when we ( as a family ) share the ecstacy and excitment of City scoring or winning. The journey to and from the games are exciting this year, many talking points, many positives, a squad when fully fit who are more than a match for any team in the division. We have serious businessmen from Malaysia who are aiming to run a tight ship and bring this club the much missed success this club yearns for. Bring on the next 10 games and we will reassess the position again.

Onwards and Upwards

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23712 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: OCTOBER 05th 2010 UPDATE

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:25 pm

I would love for this to happen as many others would but I can't see it happening.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:29 pm

great update Carl, i sit in the Family stand too with my kids. they love it and look forward to every game.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:29 pm

Much appreciated and informative update as always Carl :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:30 pm

Another interesting update Carl. The Riddler should not be allowed near any football club again.

Cheers

Lee :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:30 pm

Cheers carl

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:31 pm

Thanks Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:32 pm

Cheers Carl, I would love it if the Blues moved back, I would start watching them again

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:34 pm

Great update Carl.

Good news about Whittingham, let’s hope that the other contract situations are cleared soon.

As for the Cardiff Blues, I am not sure of the contract details but they have a legally binding contract with us, given our current financial situation I doubt we are going to give them a get out of jail free card.

Bellamy I think would make a great coach/manager one day, however that is a few years away yet. He still has his mission of taking us to the premiership to complete.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:34 pm

thanks carl always interesting.

I was thinking earlier about Bellers one day managing CCFC as player manager and a way of us taking him on lower wages but his interview on Radio 5 he said after he stops playing he will stay away for a few years then pop up and coach in a random place......ill be honest I was a bit gutted as my ideal plan was DJ to take us up, we loan CB next season then he is out of contract and we have him as coach for 2 years and then he takes over as manager....dream talk yeah.

Im nto surprised about the blues...I dont want them sharing but what ive read we have is the very best side of the deal and its money coming in.

Carl with the youth lads...am I wrong in thinking when he was released that the youth academy had some dodgy characters ? who were then sacked?

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:37 pm

Cheers Carl,

Great update :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:38 pm

carlccfc wrote:there is nothing that gives me greater pleasure than when we ( as a family ) share the ecstacy

whereabouts at the ground are they selling this stuff?? :roll:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:40 pm

As always very informative. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:40 pm

"When Ridsdale was at the club had a few loyal staff and it is my understanding that he has contacted these people and has told them that he wants them to work with him again. Will they take up his offer ? At least they know the wages will be good."

LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:41 pm

carlccfc wrote:Great news today that Peter Whittingham has put to pen to paper on the 2 year contract extension that we revealed he would sign weeks ago on this very site. It shows that despite offers from elsewhere Peter believes that his best chance of success and another opportunity in the Premier League lays with Cardiff City.

Dave Jones has ongoing discussions with Bothroyd, McPhail and Burke. I have been awaiting news on Adam Matthews' contract situation but as yet have not received the information. Rest assured when I get it, you will hear about it on here.

Dave Jones is at Spytty Park tonight taking in the progress of Martin John, the youngster we signed on a 1 year deal and now on loan at Newport. On the subject of loans, Dave Jones would like to see a couple of his squad players go out on short term loan deals now that the squad is almost fully fit.

Difficult times for the Cardiff Blues since becoming tenants of CCS have led them to sell match tickets as unreserved seating and I understand that the Blues have raised the question with City on the possibilty of cancelling the tenancy agreement currently in place, from what I am told Cardiff City have no plans to allow the Blues to walk away from the commitment they made when they signed up and truthfully can you blame them ?

The upcoming Wales V Bulgaria game has so far sold 11,000 tickets and the club are hopeful that they will reach a gate of upto 15,000. Obviously the club wanted to sell many more tickets for this game as they hope to be granted the Wales v England match too.

One time City Chairman and CEO Peter Ridsdale is telling friends and close aides that he has 3 interested clubs, who want his services and he has told each of them that he has American investors, who he says will back the club he chooses, are these the same American backers that Peter told us that were coming to Cardiff ? When Ridsdale was at the club had a few loyal staff and it is my understanding that he has contacted these people and has told them that he wants them to work with him again. Will they take up his offer ? At least they know the wages will be good.

Bristol City have arranged a behind closed doors game against Swansea City on Thursday in preparation for their clash versus City on October 16th, I told you 2 days ago that they may hand a debut to Fairwater youngster Aaron Holloway. Many raised questions about why Aaron is at Bristol and how we had missed out on him. City in fact had Aaron and released him under the old academy run by Lee Robinson, so they didn't exactly miss out on him.

I have read many times since Craig Bellamy signed for us that he could have signed for Newcastle, Everton, Stoke, Tottenham etc but what many fans are forgetting is that there were many factors why Craig signed for us. First and foremost Man City would not allow Craig to sign for a Premier League rival, so even if Craig wanted too stay in Premiership he couldn't. Craig being a Cardiff boy wanted the home coming and to play in front of the locals was a massive draw for him, the family life too.

Craig has been doing his coaching badges and I hear on the grapevine that Craig likes the idea of becoming a manager one day. What if Bellamy wanted to become a Player/Manager ?

What would your thoughts be if Craig Bellamy became a Player/Manager of Cardiff City, how would he fare ?

We have reached the first International break of the campaign and we are in second place, despite a poor half a dozen games we have managed to stay in the automatic positions, I am so far very happy on the season thus far and is million miles from where we were 3 months ago. I sit in family stand with my children and there is nothing that gives me greater pleasure than when we ( as a family ) share the ecstacy and excitment of City scoring or winning. The journey to and from the games are exciting this year, many talking points, many positives, a squad when fully fit who are more than a match for any team in the division. We have serious businessmen from Malaysia who are aiming to run a tight ship and bring this club the much missed success this club yearns for. Bring on the next 10 games and we will reassess the position again.

Onwards and Upwards

carl

there were never any american investors looking at our club at any stage.
It was a fabricated story by the riddler aided and abetted by his loyal servant terry to try and push the malaysians into signing up quicker.
He even tried to palm off the two citibank employee's from newport road as american investors and true to form terry ran with the story.
The story about the 3 interested clubs has been bandied about for months now and whilst uncle pete has been running around with the south wales echo special peter the saviour edition tucked under his arm dont underestimate the influence of the malaysians in blocking his foray back into football.
As far as i am concerned the man should never be allowed near a football club again and im pretty confident that he is soiled goods where that is concerned.
Anybody from the club who is daft enough to be taken in by his spin and lies deserve all they get as i can only imagine he is still trying to undermine the club anyway he can as he has walked away with less than he had hoped for.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:42 pm

Thanks again Carl. Interesting one regarding the Cardiff Blues situation, & im not surprised in the least that they want out [of the CCS] & return to their beloved Arms park, & you can't really blame them for that either. Time will tell.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:42 pm

Gerry Hat Trick wrote:
carlccfc wrote:there is nothing that gives me greater pleasure than when we ( as a family ) share the ecstacy

whereabouts at the ground are they selling this stuff?? :roll:

In the family stand of all places :lol:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:43 pm

Brilliant news regarding the arse tappers,and as much as i've hated the fact that we groundshare ,the opportunity to screw them big time must not be missed.HAPPY DAYS.......

Steve and Thats what THE RIDDLER is doing again, FALSE PROMISING ANOTHER CLUB ABOUT THESE SO CALLED AMERICANS :evil: :evil:

Cheers Carl, informative as ever! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:44 pm

Funny enough just been up treforest to watch bristol and cardiff under 13s play as two of the bristol boys use to play for me and guess what bristol won 2-1 .
i know the score doesnt matter at this level but Bristol played the better football and my worry as a city fan is why are the club missing these players on are doorstep also had two from Newport.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Cheers Carl another gr8 update.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:46 pm

steve davies wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Great news today that Peter Whittingham has put to pen to paper on the 2 year contract extension that we revealed he would sign weeks ago on this very site. It shows that despite offers from elsewhere Peter believes that his best chance of success and another opportunity in the Premier League lays with Cardiff City.

Onwards and Upwards

carl

there were never any american investors looking at our club at any stage.
It was a fabricated story by the riddler aided and abetted by his loyal servant terry to try and push the malaysians into signing up quicker.
He even tried to palm off the two citibank employee's from newport road as american investors and true to form terry ran with the story.
The story about the 3 interested clubs has been bandied about for months now and whilst uncle pete has been running around with the south wales echo special peter the saviour edition tucked under his arm dont underestimate the influence of the malaysians in blocking his foray back into football.
As far as i am concerned the man should never be allowed near a football club again and im pretty confident that he is soiled goods where that is concerned.
Anybody from the club who is daft enough to be taken in by his spin and lies deserve all they get as i can only imagine he is still trying to undermine the club anyway he can as he has walked away with less than he had hoped for.

Steve, I know there were no Americans I was making light of it :D :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:48 pm

birchblue wrote:Funny enough just been up treforest to watch bristol and cardiff under 13s play as two of the bristol boys use to play for me and guess what bristol won 2-1 .
i know the score doesnt matter at this level but Bristol played the better football and my worry as a city fan is why are the club missing these players on are doorstep also had two from Newport.

Missing out on local boys to other clubs has been an age old problem for City down the years. I remember Bristol Rovers in particular, in the 1970's, had a better scouting set up in S.Wales than we seemed to have at that time.
Last edited by RICK+CCFC on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:48 pm

[Forever Blue"]Steve and Thats what THE RIDDLER is doing again, FALSE PROMISING ANOTHER CLUB ABOUT THESE SO CALLED AMERICANS :evil: :evil:[/quote]

just cant believe anybody else out there is so dull annis to let him loose again.
but he pissed the malaysians off so much that they will move heaven and earth to keep him out of football.

Re: " TUESDAY OCTOBER 05th 2010 UPDATE "

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:51 pm

thnx carl :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:55 pm

Glad to here the club are talking to Bothroyd and Burke !! but Mcphail he does not cut the mustard. There were players who have not stepped up so the door should be shown.
The Riddler :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: makes me laugh the brass neck of him.
Great report Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:59 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23712 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:09 pm

Thanks Carl :ayatollah:

Good news with Whitts signing and the ongoing talks with other players.
Other players wouldn't have to go out on short term loan if we had a reserve team.
The Blues are in the shit and the sooner they move back to the arms park the better for both parties.
I would wish Peter Ridsdale on any Club and I hope the loyal staff leave this club to follow PR into a club in the deal falls though, leaving them jobless.

Craig Bellamy would make a great player/manager He would give 100%, except the same from everyone at the club and he wouldn't be afraid to let them know it. With his friend Ray, we would be one of the fittest team around too :ayatollah:

Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:48 pm

If the Blues want to return to the Arms Park, does that mean the WRU no longer have plans for a Conference Centre/ hospitality area so that the Mill Stad can host UEFA games and Champions League Finals? What's changed for that to happen?Have CAC stood firm and blocked it?