Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FANTASY PREMIER LEAGUE

Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:40 pm

Is anyone interested in having either a sticky or a sub forum specifically dedicated to Fantasy Premier League (FPL).

Last season there appeared to be lots of people in the Cardiff City supporters league and also those supporting Welsh football so I just wondered whether it would be worth having a specific place where we can discuss all things FPL?

Re: FANTASY PREMIER LEAGUE

Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:04 pm

Great idea.

I think someone set up a league for this forum last year as well?

Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:01 pm

Agreed, great idea. What’s everyone’s chosen FPL Format?

SkySports Fantasy Football or The Premier League website?? I’m happy to set up.

Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:02 am

I just play on the main Fantasy Premier League

Formations I am going to play a 3-5-2

So far my first draft is

Pickford - Areola
Trippier - Estupian - Stones (Botman - Ake)
Mbeumo - Odegaard - Saka - Rashford - Enciso
Haaland - Jesus (Surridge)

Thinking Areola best£4m gk. If stones doesn't play then Ake will so I get a Man City defender. Thinking about Mitoma but really like Enciso but after other day also giving Adingra some thought. Think Brighton will do well again this year. Abs up front Surridge is the cheap non playing option so I can afford haaland and jesus

Last season I scored 2491 (I think) but was still only around 900,000 - but still top 10%

How is everyone else looking at attacking the season

Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:56 am

I have created a league on the Fantasy Premier League App/Website. Please feel free to join the league with the code qnylzm.

Any issues, give me a ‘PM’. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:20 am

Cheers I joined

Hopefully others will join the Cardiff City Forum fantasy football page

To join

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/join/private

Then enter the code

qnylzm

Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:02 am

There's already one that exists? It's been renewed from seasons past.

Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:13 am

I think I'm a member of that as well

The main point is this post though was as a forum where people who play FPL could talk about their tactics. Discuss transfers and do Rate my teams (RMT) abs generally talk about all things FPL

Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:57 am

I have joined been doing it for years lost interest last year but having another go.
After following City over 58 years i enjoy the fantasy league , still got room for an :old: :bluebird:

Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:47 pm

bluebirdrob wrote:I have joined been doing it for years lost interest last year but having another go.
After following City over 58 years i enjoy the fantasy league , still got room for an :old: :bluebird:

I think it keeps the football fix going.

Ive been doing it every year since 2010/11. In 2018/19 I scored 2195 points and finished in the top 300k. Last season however I beat that score (I scored 2367 not 2491 as stated earlier) - more points but due to how many people now play it I finished in the top 900k

I enjoy it and its always good banter to talk to others about teams and tactics etc.

Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:20 pm

We have 18 teams entered into the league so far. That’s a great start!!! Hopefully we can get to around 30 by the time the season starts.

No doubt I’ll change my team a few times before kick off!!

Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:40 pm

I don't mind sharing my tips and ideas.

At the moment I don't have Mitoma but thinking about both him and Eva Ferguson

One player who has not been mentioned much on other forums is Simon Adinga. He scored two lovely goals in the summer series against Brentford the only question is will he start. I'm keeping him on my watch list. Presently he has an ownership of 0.5%

Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:10 pm

Happy to chat FPL. I won my main mini league last year and finished in top 90K (best score in 7 years! :laughing6: )

Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:11 pm

stentona wrote:Happy to chat FPL. I won my main mini league last year and finished in top 90K (best score in 7 years! :laughing6: )

Happy for you to critique (or tear apart) my draft team above.

Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:04 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I just play on the main Fantasy Premier League

Formations I am going to play a 3-5-2

So far my first draft is

Pickford - Areola
Trippier - Estupian - Stones (Botman - Ake)
Mbeumo - Odegaard - Saka - Rashford - Enciso
Haaland - Jesus (Surridge)

Thinking Areola best£4m gk. If stones doesn't play then Ake will so I get a Man City defender. Thinking about Mitoma but really like Enciso but after other day also giving Adingra some thought. Think Brighton will do well again this year. Abs up front Surridge is the cheap non playing option so I can afford haaland and jesus

Last season I scored 2491 (I think) but was still only around 900,000 - but still top 10%

How is everyone else looking at attacking the season

Done my team, also on official FPL, will obviously make changes when there are more transfers over the next couple of weeks.

3-4-3:

Pope (Newcastle)

Stones (Man City)
Schar (Newcastle)
Robertson (Liverpool)

Maddison (Spurs)
Tonali (Newcastle)
Odegaard (Arsenal)
Mount (Man Utd)

Nkunku (Chelsea)
Haaland (Man City)
Watkins (Aston Villa)

Subs:

King (Wolves)
Brooks (Bournemouth)
Akanji (Man City)
Lockyer (Luton)

Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:46 pm

Great idea I have joined up
If anyone wants to join my fantasy football league , here is the code

2v6skt

Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:23 pm

Worcester you are going for playing 3 strikers?

I was thinking about that and with the same strikers as you(possibly haaland nkunku and Ferguson) but I opted for the flexibility of either playing a 352 or 442

Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:25 pm

TaxiBlue wrote:Great idea I have joined up
If anyone wants to join my fantasy football league , here is the code

2v6skt

I joined

Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:33 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Worcester you are going for playing 3 strikers?

I was thinking about that and with the same strikers as you(possibly haaland nkunku and Ferguson) but I opted for the flexibility of either playing a 352 or 442

To be honest I was also undecided, almost went for 3-5-2. Benefit of the extra midfielder would be that some strikers are classed and midfielders (such as Rashford).

In the end I knew I wanted to get both Haaland and Nkunku in there, then I saw Watkins was a high point scorer last season so had to sacrifice one of the midfield positions.

Downside to having three strikers is the cost, meaning you have less funds for the midfield. Meant I had to choose Mount instead of De Bruyne, Salah or Rashford.

Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:41 pm

Not to keen on Salah for the money and Liverpool first few games and KDB I think it's going to play less games so I think you done the right thing.

The thing is there will be a lot playing the template but there will be some surprises and mount could be one of those

Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:46 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:Not to keen on Salah for the money and Liverpool first few games and KDB I think it's going to play less games so I think you done the right thing.

The thing is there will be a lot playing the template but there will be some surprises and mount could be one of those

Took a gamble on Mount and Tonali.

Mount I think will do better in new surroundings. Likely to play high up the pitch because they have Casemiro and likely to sign Amrabat, so Mount and Fernandes will be playmakers with a high chance of assists. Fernandes is obviously more expensive, so took the chance on Mount.

Went for Tonali because of his set pieces. He gets a lot of assists and the occasional goal from them. Newcastle relied heavily on set pieces last season. Would expect him to share them with Trippier but definitely worth taking the chance on. Only worry is he picks up a fair amount of yellow cards.

Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:50 am

Paul, your team looks well balanced & not too different from mine.
I opted for Salah in midfield as I think he has great captain potential in GW2 and will surely start better than last season?

Steele

Estupinian
Gabriel
Ake (check his stats vs Stones)

Salah
Mbuemo
Eze
Saka
Mitoma

Jesus
Haaland

Bench: Areola, Henry, Vinicius, Colwill

Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:09 pm

I've picked a base team for now, but I am sure I'll make a few changes before the season starts.

GK - ONANA (MAN UTD)
DF - TIMBER (ARSENAL)
DF - ROBERTSON (LIVERPOOL)
DF - PEDRO PORRO (SPURS)
MF - EZE (PALACE)
MF - DIABY (VILLA)
MF - MBEUMO (BRENTFORD)
MF - DE BRUYNE (MAN CITY)
ST - HAALAND (MAN CITY)
ST - ISAK (NEWCASTLE)
ST - WATKINS (VILLA)

Subs

GK - AREOLA (WEST HAM)
DF - ZOUMA (WEST HAM)
DF - ROMERO (SPURS)
MF - JOHNSON (NOTTM FOR)

Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:48 am

stentona wrote:Paul, your team looks well balanced & not too different from mine.
I opted for Salah in midfield as I think he has great captain potential in GW2 and will surely start better than last season?

Steele

Estupinian
Gabriel
Ake (check his stats vs Stones)

Salah
Mbuemo
Eze
Saka
Mitoma

Jesus
Haaland

Bench: Areola, Henry, Vinicius, Colwill

It is nice and balanced but I am still not totally happy with it and sure I might do a 10th or 11th draft :lol:

Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:54 am

ArmyBarmy1987 wrote:I've picked a base team for now, but I am sure I'll make a few changes before the season starts.

GK - ONANA (MAN UTD)
DF - TIMBER (ARSENAL)
DF - ROBERTSON (LIVERPOOL)
DF - PEDRO PORRO (SPURS)
MF - EZE (PALACE)
MF - DIABY (VILLA)
MF - MBEUMO (BRENTFORD)
MF - DE BRUYNE (MAN CITY)
ST - HAALAND (MAN CITY)
ST - ISAK (NEWCASTLE)
ST - WATKINS (VILLA)

Subs

GK - AREOLA (WEST HAM)
DF - ZOUMA (WEST HAM)
DF - ROMERO (SPURS)
MF - JOHNSON (NOTTM FOR)

I must say I do like the front 3 of Haaland Isak and Watkins. I think Newcastle might score quite a few early doors and could be an opportunity for price rises.

Im not sure on KDB tbh. There are those who say he should be a guaranteed like Haaland and then there are those that are saying that he is going to be used more on rotation because of his age - Im playing it by ear for the time being.

Onana. He is definitely on my watch list. Ive seen some great videos of him .

Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:56 am

Paul Keevil wrote:Cheers I joined

Hopefully others will join the Cardiff City Forum fantasy football page

To join

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagues/join/private

Then enter the code

qnylzm

So far we have 38 members of the Cardiff City Forum signed up.

Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:40 am

Just tweaked my team again :lol:
Managed to fit Nkunku (who's scoring for fun in pre-season ... still risky though) in place of Vinicius
More tweaking to come no doubt!

Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:03 pm

stentona wrote:Just tweaked my team again :lol:
Managed to fit Nkunku (who's scoring for fun in pre-season ... still risky though) in place of Vinicius
More tweaking to come no doubt!

I'm seriously thinking of Nkunku myself

The question is do I replace jesus abs stick with a 352 or do I play three strikers

Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:00 am

Jesus has had surgery and will miss the first couple weeks of the season, for anyone considering having him in their team.

Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:52 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Jesus has had surgery and will miss the first couple weeks of the season, for anyone considering having him in their team.

I guess 26.3% of FPL managers will be changing their side this morning

With Jesus injured and Kane likely to go to Germany it looks like one of the 7.5m options and an arsenal player somewhere else in the squad

Or do you gamble on nketiah at £5.5m

I personally think Nkunku will be the goto