Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" THE FOOTBALL HAS BEEN SHOCKING FOR WEEKS "

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:51 pm

I am not going to go on, But I will wait for Carls summary and Bakedalaska's Reports etc

I just dont like DJ's style of play. NO EXCUSES as Far as I am concerned.

Re: " THE FOOTBALL HAS BEEN SHOCKING FOR WEEKS "

Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:55 pm

I agree. There's nowhere to hide with the current squad.

People bang on about the injuries but it's basically the same team as last year. We still have no plan B.

Why he didn't bring all three subs on late on is beyond me. There's only two possibilities - he was happy with the result or he didn't think the subs were good enough. But then last time he brought Wildig on, he created a goal.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:00 pm

damnedyank wrote:I agree. There's nowhere to hide with the current squad.

People bang on about the injuries but it's basically the same team as last year. We still have no plan B.

Why he didn't bring all three subs on late on is beyond me. There's only two possibilities - he was happy with the result or he didn't think the subs were good enough. But then last time he brought Wildig on, he created a goal.

NO PLAN B, NO LEADER, NO RESERVES, NO IMAGINATION and NO IDEA :cry: :cry:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:03 pm

Interesting post on PlanetSwans to put the league position into perspective

http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewtopi ... =6&t=84650

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:06 pm

lady luck and a couple of good saves really helped tonight........ :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:07 pm

hmmm, are we not after a dip in form still 2nd in the table with players to come back which would surely give us a good push???

Bit early to be jumping on this Hate Jones bandwaggon that is being pushed now! As they say the sign of a good team is getting points when you are not playing well. We were unfortunate against ipswich, beat Millwall and dre with palace. So not too bad, and like I said, we're still second! I tel you what, we beat Millwall at home and QPR could only draw with them WARNOCK OUT!!!

Lets get realistic. Look how things looked like theu could have turned out this season and lets see where we are come the end of december/January time and what is made of that transfer window.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:08 pm

welshdougie wrote:lady luck and a couple of good saves really helped tonight........ :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It says it All when Heaton was Voted man of the match.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:09 pm

NJ73 wrote:Interesting post on PlanetSwans to put the league position into perspective

http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/viewtopi ... =6&t=84650

Very interesting.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:10 pm

Theres no plan B ,because they are all injured.
We need the injured players back now.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:17 pm

Natman Blue wrote:hmmm, are we not after a dip in form still 2nd in the table with players to come back which would surely give us a good push???

Bit early to be jumping on this Hate Jones bandwaggon that is being pushed now! As they say the sign of a good team is getting points when you are not playing well. We were unfortunate against ipswich, beat Millwall and dre with palace. So not too bad, and like I said, we're still second! I tel you what, we beat Millwall at home and QPR could only draw with them WARNOCK OUT!!!

Lets get realistic. Look how things looked like theu could have turned out this season and lets see where we are come the end of december/January time and what is made of that transfer window.

Not a Hate Jones campaign, Just giving my views/Opinions, which have now been the same for the last 4 years.
DID PALACE HAVE A FULL TEAM OUT ?

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:18 pm

what annoyed me tonight was the lack of movement up top most of the game oli or whitts looking up couldnt go forward cos everything was to static so had to go backwards or sideways and when we did try and get it forward it was running straight through to the goalkeeper on a greasy surface with no chance for bothroyd.

we got to get used to teams coming to us and keeping it tight. its on us to breakdown the teams as were at home and expecting promotion so for a lot of teams coming to us this year they will feel like a point is a great result

hope it improves for barnsley on saturday

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:19 pm

sleepwalker wrote:Theres no plan B ,because they are all injured.

I dunno, we could have at least thrown Matthews and Wildig on and said there you go lads, just run yr balls off for the last 10. But he didn't even do that.

Palace had to be tired with them making their subs so early in the first half.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:20 pm

Theres been NO PLAN B for 5 yrs, Also Palace never had all their players fit ?

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:23 pm

DJ gave Ross virtually away Knowing Chops was out for at least 2 months, Weve only got 3 players missing, We will always have injuries/suspensions etc etc

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

DJ gave Ross virtually away Knowing Chops was out for at least 2 months, Weve only got 3 players missing, We will always have injuries/suspensions etc etc

Chopra, Bellamy and Drinkwater are hardly our bog standard 3 players. Olifinjana will need to get back to fitness, so too McPahil, Kpumas and Keogh (who will undoubtedly be low on confidence after not featuring to score for a year and already geetting stick from the home support!!!)

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:27 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Chopra, Bellamy and Drinkwater are hardly our bog standard 3 players. Olifinjana will need to get back to fitness, so too McPahil, Kpumas and Keogh (who will undoubtedly be low on confidence after not featuring to score for a year and already geetting stick from the home support!!!)

Ross should never have been given away, I agree Chops and Bells are Class acts, but We cant always rely on 2 players.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:34 pm

Annis
I know we gave Ross away but I think there was a genuine reason for it??? but he ain't actually setting Leeds on fire is can't get a start in a team thaT LOST 6-4 TONIGHT I think there is along way to go and hopefully we scrap and scrape through our bad patch stay near the top and hit form when all our players come back :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:36 pm

jackblue wrote:Annis
I know we gave Ross away but I think there was a genuine reason for it??? but he ain't actually setting Leeds on fire is can't get a start in a team thaT LOST 6-4 TONIGHT I think there is along way to go and hopefully we scrap and scrape through our bad patch stay near the top and hit form when all our players come back :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

A fit Ross and the backing off his manager would go a long way, Ross just over a yr ago 20 odd goals, you just dont loose that touch, I hope DJ does not ruin Matthews now.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:37 pm

Carl and I usually never agree regarding DJ

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23267

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:45 pm

On that note whitts had 20 odd last year how many this year??(and he's DJ's lovechild!!!) and out of context 1st pen miss Sat f*cking City eh :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
jackblue wrote:Annis

A fit Ross and the backing off his manager would go a long way, Ross just over a yr ago 20 odd goals, you just dont loose that touch, I hope DJ does not ruin Matthews now.

Footballer have to look after themseleves outside of the game (like Koumas, Keogh and even feeney). Mccormack just didn't and could there possibly have been an influence there on Gerrard??? Hopefully we'll see Tony G back to his best.