Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who takes Germany flags to City games?

Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:54 pm

To annoy the English. I think that it's a bit pathetic to be honest.

Re: Who takes Germany flags to City games?

Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:04 pm

me, not to annoy the English but to show there're German City Fans... but then, a German flag always annoys some English, so fcuk it... :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:09 pm

Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:14 pm

Hofmeister wrote:me, not to annoy the English but to show there're German City Fans... but then, a German flag always annoys some English, so fcuk it... :lol:

You sir are the only exception to the following.

Its pathetic, sure wind up the away fans have some banter but taking flags of another nation that you have no connection too is just pointless. People bought those german flags for around a fiver, money wasted in my opinion. Why don't they buy a Malaysian flag or Cardiff City flag and support their club? If away fans brought flags for when Wales get beat, christ it would be a scene from world flag day.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:44 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:
Hofmeister wrote:me, not to annoy the English but to show there're German City Fans... but then, a German flag always annoys some English, so fcuk it... :lol:

You sir are the only exception to the following.

Its pathetic, sure wind up the away fans have some banter but taking flags of another nation that you have no connection too is just pointless. People bought those german flags for around a fiver, money wasted in my opinion. Why don't they buy a Malaysian flag or Cardiff City flag and support their club? If away fans brought flags for when Wales get beat, christ it would be a scene from world flag day.

we had portugal flags for a couple of years so now germany... i do see the point of upsetting them but a simple german flag shouldnt really do it. a german flag with "4:1" on it would be much more suitable... :lol:

but on a serious note, if a German flag upsets anyone they should see a psychologist. it is a flag of a friendly nation, regardless of what the sun wants their readers (or should I say 'viewers' ;) ) to believe... and those who do find it offensive are just living in the past and have no knowledge of history (as our current flag was banned during the 3rd reich, as it was a sign of democracy and a free country)... branding it as a 'nazi-flag' (and yes I had that comment bout my flag at away games) is just ignorance...

funny enough the English just love to rubb it in against anyone else, take the p1ss out of every nation so they just get a litle taste of their own medicine... and yes it is childish to do the same

tbh, if I wouldnt be German, I wouldnt wave a German flag to the English, I'd take a Welsh one instead...

Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:51 pm

Same with the Portugal flags you mentioned, its not banter its childish. As I said, take a Cardiff/Malaysian or Welsh flag and support the team

Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:54 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Same with the Portugal flags you mentioned, its not banter its childish. As I said, take a Cardiff/Malaysian or Welsh flag and support the team

agree

or Germany flags with '4:1' on em... :lol:

Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:31 am

nowt wrong with German flags at football, preferably if a German team is playing.

i like the square heads, good people, no matter what the ridiculous media suggest. Fuessen in Bayern is the most beautiful place on Earth, the women are stunning (who don't go to fat school after the age of 30 like a lot of UK women) and the beer has purity laws that we can only dream of, its football is dirt cheap and they do have a good sense of humour. They still have issues with dress sense mind you.

if you ever want a good time on a stag do, forget Prague, amsterdam and try Berlin

Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:36 am

Feedback wrote:nowt wrong with German flags at football, preferably if a German team is playing.

i like the square heads, good people, no matter what the ridiculous media suggest. Fuessen in Bayern is the most beautiful place on Earth, the women are stunning (who don't go to fat school after the age of 30 like a lot of UK women) and the beer has purity laws that we can only dream of, its football is dirt cheap and they do have a good sense of humour. They still have issues with dress sense mind you.

if you ever want a good time on a stag do, forget Prague, amsterdam and try Berlin

100% agree. The Germans are fantastic, friendly people but, unless you're German, leave the German flags at home. It makes us look small minded. It's as if the only thing that matters is England losing. It makes the shit about the jacks being obsessed with us look the same as us being obsessed with the English

Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:38 am

I really like the Germans and the Bundesliga is awesome this season. I don't understand taking a random flag to piss off the opposition. It just seems redundant.

Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:56 am

Zabier wrote:I really like the Germans and the Bundesliga is awesome this season. I don't understand taking a random flag to piss off the opposition. It just seems redundant.

I think it's awesome, too. The good thing about it is it's openness. The myth over here that "anyone can beat anyone2 in the Premiership but in Germany, that really is true. Look at Mainz beating Bayern on the weekend and being top of the league after winning their first 6 games, while the usually strong teams like Schalke and Stuttgart have struggled to get going. A great league and I expect the German treams to do well in Europe this season

Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:50 pm

are u reading Annis? :lol:

Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:31 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
Feedback wrote:nowt wrong with German flags at football, preferably if a German team is playing.

100% agree. The Germans are fantastic, friendly people but, unless you're German, leave the German flags at home. It makes us look small minded. It's as if the only thing that matters is England losing. It makes the shit about the jacks being obsessed with us look the same as us being obsessed with the English

the sad thing is a large number of welshmen are obsessed with england
whats the welsh rugby fans saying " i support wales and who ever england are playing"
sad or what

Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:33 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23220

Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:56 am

I take my Cologne flag with cologne bluebirds printed on it when i travel over albeit not so often. :ayatollah:
Will post a pic soon when i have time, it even got airtime on the news here for the FA Cup Final. Happy days.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:40 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

the sad thing is a large number of welshmen are obsessed with england
whats the welsh rugby fans saying " i support wales and who ever england are playing"
sad or what

I support Wales, 100% every time we play. Although I have no great interest in rugby or other sports, it's always nice to see Wales win at whatever they compete in and take no satisfaction in seeing any of our sports teams or individuals lose, even rugby. I have other countries I like to see do well, for personal reasons, and they are Germany, France Belgium and Luxembourg, although, cycling apart, Luxembourg usually get hammered at everything :lol: