Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: OT - Drakeford needs to really examine his priorities

Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:41 pm

Jock wrote:
Sven wrote:
Jock wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
CityBlue93 wrote:I grew up in a farming area of Wales and every single farming family was VERY well off, range rovers for the kids once they reach 17 years old type families...Millions of pounds in property passed down between generations, so I do think farming subsidies need to be scrutinised as many simply do not need their farms to be subsidised.

I'm not sure what the f**k Drakeford is on about with this quote mind and where Bangladeshi taxi drivers come into it :laughing5: but if he had rephrased it to 'working class people in Cardiff' I'd agree with his statement.

I'm not doubting what you're saying, but that was then and this is now.

Currently, the farming industry is getting attacked by the Government's globally, like never before.

Last summer, 90% of the Californian reservoir was drained directly into the sea.
https://www.naturalnews.com/2021-05-27- ... oirs.html#

That's one of several examples with their agenda to force farmers and others living in rural areas to give in, sell up and relocate into the cities. Bill Gates is now the US largest private farmland owner, it's funny how he always seems to be ideally placed to capitalise. :roll:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... s-farmland

Our UK Government are offering incentives for farmers to sell up their land, offering a lump sum exit scheme.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... om-farming

The Financial Times recently stated English farmers will be paid up to £100,000 to retire, to free up land for "new entrants".
https://www.ft.com/content/4d4bbf25-97c ... c0b165f52e

The Dutch and German farmers are protesting massively, with farmers from other countries starting to join the protests. Dutch and German farmers recently met at the border, shook hands, exchanged flags and protested together.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/16 ... mark-rutte

Drakeford is just another Western puppet playing into the Globalists agenda. I believe the British farmers are going to be joining the Dutch and German farmers soon, revolting over the planned takeover and redistribution of their land.

Of course, Bill Gates is selling lots of his land to China, with this recent purchase being highly suspicious.
https://nypost.com/2022/07/19/bill-gate ... -farmland/

It's no coincidence we have suddenly started seeing the threat of food shortages and every fast food chain simultaneously offering plant based alternatives.

The farming industry is under a global attack which will drastically change the way we have to live and survive. In my opinion, we better start becoming very aware of this.

Spot on

I agree! :thumbup:

I think Drakeford has slighted the Bangladeshi community in Cardiff by singling them out with his comments; but he can do it because there is no real opoosition to Labour in Wales, and the voters, i.e. us, don't have the gumption to give them the proverbial 'bloody nose' come the next election

Thing is the other parties are abysmal too. Time for revolution?

Barring closure of the Welsh Assembly, which I have and continue to support happening, we are in a state where 'play-time' politicians (with rare exception) follow their own ideals and then parade them as the peoples 'wants' even though few you ever speak to say they asked for them...

I could go on... :cry:

Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:48 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Think drakeford is an incompetent leader wait until gethin gets in? he's mired in dodgy dealings and is lot more inept than drakeford! As for farmers near me 4 fields of daffodils been there 2 yrs but only pick couple dozen from one field this and last year..believe farmers get paid for planting or leaving fields empty, wait for shortage of veg as fields are under water here and have been for weeks.

Vaughan gethin
(Born guessing)

Lied last week on tv debate he said he met farmers and spoke in newtown last week
He actually ran to his car as farmers where outside running after him shouring questions after he had been on his tour about and talk police stopped the farmers getting to him
He's a right smug tw.t.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:49 pm

montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Think drakeford is an incompetent leader wait until gethin gets in? he's mired in dodgy dealings and is lot more inept than drakeford! As for farmers near me 4 fields of daffodils been there 2 yrs but only pick couple dozen from one field this and last year..believe farmers get paid for planting or leaving fields empty, wait for shortage of veg as fields are under water here and have been for weeks.

Vaughan gethin
(Born guessing)

Lied last week on tv debate he said he met farmers and spoke in newtown last week
He actually ran to his car as farmers where outside running after him shouring questions after he had been on his tour about and talk police stopped the farmers getting to him
He's a right smug tw.t.

Their is absolutely no oversight now on what WG aka drakeford gethin & Morgan do as the default response is no comment or not available when asked for comments! It's a total dictatorship by stealth spend money on projects with no scrutiny from rest WG..... as for 10% of land represents large amount of money lost 10% of 300 acres is 30acres if that produces just £100 per acre in food that's £3000 but you imagine farmers produce far in excess of that.... besides only doing it to look good saving the planet

Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:

Vaughan gethin
(Born guessing)

He's a right smug tw.t.

Their is absolutely no oversight now on what WG aka drakeford gethin & Morgan do as the default response is no comment or not available when asked for comments! It's a total dictatorship by stealth spend money on projects with no scrutiny from rest WG..... as for 10% of land represents large amount of money lost 10% of 300 acres is 30acres if that produces just £100 per acre in food that's £3000 but you imagine farmers produce far in excess of that.... besides only doing it to look good saving the planet

Allan these 3 are a disgrace dripford was asked in the senedd by fat R.t.davies tory a fee months back a out watts app messages been deleted
Dripford said he did' nt have watts app and
would' nt know how to sort
Well it has already been proved he did delete and he has not even been summond under oath yet
That should be interesting next week watching him been scrutinised
lets hope
" born guessing" is also haulled over the coals after them both refusing to a welsh enquiry.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:42 pm

There’s only one cohort more culpable than these clowns… blame lies there.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:43 pm

Under the still existing, but soon to be replaced EU Common Agricultural Policy (CAP), British farmers had been subsidised via direct payments. However, this had barely been able to keep many UK farmers afloat. The UK Government has firmly promised that post-Brexit, the new UK Agriculture Bill will ensure that public money is used for public goods, such as higher animal welfare standards, better air and water quality, improved access to the countryside or measures to reduce flooding.

Quoting the UK Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA), this new Agriculture Bill will move closer to “a future where farmers are properly supported to farm more innovatively and protect the environment”. This might sound like an encouraging statement, but can we really trust these words and believe in a future that is more compassionate towards the animals, the farmers and the planet, given the agricultural track record up until now?

Currently, British farmers receive £3.4 billion a year in subsidies under the EU Common Agricultural Policy. Controversially, the subsidies are based on how much land a farmer owns and not on how much they produce. To mention a few specific examples, British dairy farmers obtain over £56 million in EU direct payments which make up almost 40% of their annual profits. Lowland and upland livestock farmers receive about £38 million in subsidies which make up over 90% of their annual profits!

A sheep farmer from North York Moors national park in northern England, who owns about 700 sheep over 1,250 acres, makes around £12,000 profit in a good year, and even this small income would be impossible without subsidies worth about £44,000 from the EU Common Agricultural Policy.

In comparison, farmers growing cereals obtain about £40 million in EU direct payments (equivalent to almost 80% of their annual profit) but half of the cereals, pulses and oil crops are used for animal feed meaning that about £20 million of the subsidies for cereals are still for the livestock and dairy industry. And for fruit farms, the basic payment scheme only makes up roughly 10% of their annual profit (2014-2015).

The forthcoming Environmental

Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:44 pm

montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:

Vaughan gethin
(Born guessing)

He's a right smug tw.t.

Allan these 3 are a disgrace dripford was asked in the senedd by fat R.t.davies tory a fee months back a out watts app messages been deleted
Well it has already been proved he did delete and he has not even been summond under oath yet
lets hope
" born guessing" is also haulled over the coals after them both refusing to a welsh enquiry.

Monty as I've said they are conning WG and the people of Wales by refusing to answer any questions that implement them in scandal! Morgan not to ignore her she refused to answer questions on why a health board lost £145m (literally) she's health minister so should answer not refer back to the health board like she did? :o sad thing is people of East Wales will still vote them in not sure about rest Wales.. ..

Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:21 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:

Vaughan gethin
(Born guessing)

He's a right smug tw.t.

lets hope

Monty as I've said they are conning WG and the people of Wales by refusing to answer any questions that implement them in scandal! Morgan not to ignore her she refused to answer questions on why a health board lost £145m (literally) she's health minister so should answer not refer back to the health board like she did? :o sad thing is people of East Wales will still vote them in not sure about rest Wales.. ..

Allan

Elenud Morgan

Shocking health minister my missis E mailed her a long letter about her cancer care in wales never had a reply. While we are on it you can add the loony who brought in 20mph Lee waters killing everbody in the cities with more polution with lower gear selection then its not about polution its about saving lives most fatalities on the road where at speeds way above 30mph and he ignored all the evidence from trials in north wales who where against introduction and he kept saying most of wales where in favour of 20 mph.

Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:01 pm

montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:

Vaughan gethin
(Born guessing)

He's a right smug tw.t.

lets hope

Allan

Elenud Morgan

Shocking health minister my missis E mailed her a long letter about her cancer care in wales never had a reply. While we are on it you can add the loony who brought in 20mph Lee waters killing everbody in the cities with more polution with lower gear selection then its not about polution its about saving lives most fatalities on the road where at speeds way above 30mph and he ignored all the evidence from trials in north wales who where against introduction and he kept saying most of wales where in favour of 20 mph.

Did you know all three were health ministers while being AMs for pembrokeshire! And all three voted to close A&E... children's unit....neonatal unit & consultant maternity unit at local hospital? That's how much they care about people they represent..... as for 20mph I suspect if you get hit at 20mph more likely vehicle will run over you than being hit at 30mph where bounce off it instead....... every man and his dog knows slower hit less likely to be killed that's common sense,
but waters or drakeford never produced factual evidence to support 20mph saving life's or saving nhs was just another way of bashing car users ... regardless of cost to economy or public services which are going yo be cut even more in April.