Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TUESDAY 24th AUGUST UPDATE

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:11 pm

As you will have learned by now Ross is in talks with Leeds over a possible move, I understand that City are off loading Ross' wages of approx £8k pw to make way for another player.

As I have told you previously City have been interested in bring in Andy Keogh from wolves, I understand that Keogh will sign this week for City.

This is what I wrote on August 5th for those who are doubting me again. :roll:

( We have told you for a few days that Lee Naylor, Andy Keough are targets of the Dave Jones and I have been told again tonight that these 2 will sign, if the embargo is lifted. Also another player I have been told will come in is Olofinjana of Hull City. )

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19074

Michael Chopra will be out for 2 months and not the 3 months that has been banded about.

Glenn Loovens has decided to stay at Celtic and fight for his place, this is despite both club's agreeing the deal and Glenn's agent agreeing the terms with City.

As at 09.30 this morning the club had sold an amazing 6450 shirts with Bellamy on them.

The club could easily have sold the Premier seating out on Saturday Vs Doncaster but PMG would not allow those seats to be sold on a match to match basis as they see the Premier seating selling more and more in the near future to the benefit of PMG.

The Malaysians have asked for the cost of upgrading the stadium and also the timeframe involved, they have been told it will cost £6million and could be done in 3 months giving the club 35,000 seats, if the club achieve promotion this season then they want to maximise the revenue and will look to carry out this work next summer.

The club shop is unfortunately suffering from the way it has been run in the past. The club is trying to get the credit limits raised from it's suppliers so they can stock the shop with more merchandise and also lettering and numbers for shirts. At present they have to bring in so many thousand, sell it then restock, this is difficult for the club but this is how they have to manage at present, so lets be patient with them.

Also the club has moved the segregation line between the Ninian Stand and the away fans so there were more home supporters in the ground on Saturday, I am told that this will continue to happen with every game that the away team brings less than 1000 supporters.

Steve Borley showed potential investors around CCS yesterday and the club have seen an increased interest since the signing of a Bellamy.

Re: TUESDAY 24th AUGUST UPDATE

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:16 pm

Is there any news about any other Centre Backs coming in? If we don't get Loovens, we need some-one else. What's happening with Riggot?

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:20 pm

carlccfc wrote:
As you will have learned by now Ross is in talks with Leeds over a possible move, I understand that City are off loading Ross' wages of approx £8k pw to make way for another player.

As I have told you previously City have been interested in bring in Andy Keogh from wolves, I understand that Keogh will sign this week for City.

Michael Chopra will be out for 2 months and not the 3 months that has been banded about.

Glenn Loovens has decided to stay at Celtic and fight for his place, this is despite both club's agreeing the deal and Glenn's agent agreeing the terms with City.

As at 09.30 this morning the club had sold an amazing 6450 shirts with Bellamy on them.

The club could easily have sold the Premier seating out on Saturday Vs Doncaster but PMG would not allow those seats to be sold on a match to match basis as they see the Premier seating selling more and more in the near future to the benefit of PMG.

The Malaysians have asked for the cost of upgrading the stadium and also the timeframe involved, they have been told it will cost £6million and could be done in 3 months giving the club 35,000 seats, if the club achieve promotion this season then they want to maximise the revenue and will look to carry out this work next summer.

The club shop is unfortunately suffering from the way it has been run in the past. The club is trying to get the credit limits raised from it's suppliers so they can stock the shop with more merchandise and also lettering and numbers for shirts. At present they have to bring in so many thousand, sell it then restock, this is difficult for the club but this is how they have to manage at present, so lets be patient with them.

Also the club has moved the segregation line between the Ninian Stand and the away fans so there were more home supporters in the ground on Saturday, I am told that this will continue to happen with every game that the away team brings less than 1000 supporters.

Steve Borley showed potential investors around CCS yesterday and the club have seen an increased interest since the signing of a Bellamy.

Why don't they offer a fan share issue? Surely they could raise a tidy sum?

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:20 pm

Good news. Thanks for the update excellant news on the shits £100 - £150k profit approx? Based on a profit margin of £25 per shirt.

Any news on other Centre Half 's apart from Riggot.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:21 pm

Shame about Glenn but I hope another CB is brought in.
I like Keogh so very pleased about the loan.

Havent even bought mine and my nephews kit yet :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:22 pm

Carl any truth in the " If Loovens does not come another big name center half will be urgently persued? thanks

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:23 pm

Igovernor wrote:Carl any truth in the " If Loovens does not come another big name center half will be urgently persued? thanks

DJ wants to strengthen that area so they are looking :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:23 pm

BlueView wrote:Good news. Thanks for the update excellant news on the shits £100 - £150k profit approx? Based on a profit margin of £25 per shirt.

Any news on other Centre Half 's apart from Riggot.

£77,200 just on the printed letters

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:26 pm

I was told Keogh is going to be a permanent deal rather than a loan! using Ross money?

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:27 pm

I know you get asked alot of questions Carl, so my apologies, but any truth in whether Jason Roberts was watching us Saturday?

Keogh has been said many times to be a replacement for Ross, even before we were considering selling him and it's permanant, not loan i believe.

Also, if Riggott signs, i'm happy to go with the defence we got now until January.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:28 pm

Thanks Carl for the update. Is the Keogh deal a loan or are we using the fee from sale of Ross to buy him. Because surely we have too many loans now for him to play regulary. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:28 pm

Cheers carl have motherwell been paid?

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:29 pm

carlccfc wrote:As you will have learned by now Ross is in talks with Leeds over a possible move, I understand that City are off loading Ross' wages of approx £8k pw to make way for another player.

Interesting stuff there. Good to see the club trying to make maximum use of the ground, but that premier club issue really needs sorting. its such a waste.

If we are ever to compete long term in the premiership a 35k ground is going to be essential. I think we can fill it, maybe not every week, but at the top certainly for the big games - Liverpool, Man U, Man C, Arsenal , Swansea ,Chelsea, etc..

I'm amazed its only 36m and 3 months - thats great news.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:30 pm

Cheers Carl for the update :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:31 pm

Thanks Carl.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:37 pm

Cheers carl.

Anything to report on the Gerard story breaking today?

Wouldn't like to lose him at all!!

Any other signings lined up other than Keogh?

Paul

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:38 pm

new investors?

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:42 pm

Can someone explain to me the role PMG play with the premier seating?

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:02 pm

I can't believe I'm supporting this club with so much positive news spewing out at us. 35K capacity next season :o

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:05 pm

damnedyank wrote:Can someone explain to me the role PMG play with the premier seating?

I believe their loans are secured against the Premier Club income

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:08 pm

Great stuff, cheers Carl..

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:09 pm

6450 Shirts! Mad how much they've sold so far. How many did we sell of Fowler? I'm sure more Bellamy shirts will sell through the year

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:13 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:Great stuff, cheers Carl..

Looking at that image you have done, it would look fecking awesome all the way round! (and it would be more intimidating!)

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:24 pm

sounds intresting! :D

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:26 pm

Goodshoes wrote:6450 Shirts! Mad how much they've sold so far. How many did we sell of Fowler? I'm sure more Bellamy shirts will sell through the year

it was quoted that 10000 Howler shirts were sold (somewhere !)

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:31 pm

I know a Wolves fan who has been a season ticket holder for many years and can't wait to get rid of Keogh - He say's he is appauling. I just hope he can come and be a huge success with the Bluebirds. Hard act to follow with our recent signings.

Carl - Thanks for the updates and keep up the good work its really appreciated.

Cheers

Jon

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:34 pm

wasnt he fans player of the season a couple of seasons ago?

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:35 pm

A full house of 35,000 would bring in around nearly £300,000k per match (at £35 a ticket)

In the long run it would be madness not to get the extra seating

Fasten up fellers and hold tight, this is turing into a runaway train :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:37 pm

have to say im suprised we,re after keogh...doesnt seem to have done much and whenever ive seen him for wolves he rarely starts and hasnt got a great scoring record .....rahter get someone else personally

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:41 pm

Just been reading some message boards although that doesnt mean a lot. Generally they say he works very hard but doesnt get enough goals and because of that fans have always been on his back.