Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BREAKING: ' NEIL WARNOCK FINED £20,000 '

Wed May 01, 2019 4:59 pm

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock 'disappointed and deflated' as he is fined £20,000 for post-Chelsea comments

Wednesday 1st May 2019

Cardiff City Fans Want to Pay Neil Warnocks Fine
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=207073 :thumbright: :bluebird:

https://www.gofundme.com/pay-neil-warnocks-fine :bluebird:

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock says he is 'disappointed and deflated' after being found guilty of three charges of bringing the game into disrepute with his post-Chelsea referee comments.

Warnock was fined £20,000 and ordered to pay the £2,500 costs of an FA hearing in London which he attended on Wednesday.

However, he has avoided a touchline ban and will be in the Bluebirds' dugout for the remaining Premier League games with Crystal Palace and Manchester United which Cardiff have to win to have any chance of avoiding relegation.

Warnock had pleaded not guilty to the three charges and appealed against them.

The FA took action after Warnock spoke out in TV and radio interviews following the Bluebirds' highly contentious 2-1 Premier League defeat to Chelsea on March 31.

His Bluebirds were on the brink of a precious three points, only for Cesar Azpilicueta to equalise with a goal that was blatantly offside five minutes from time. Warnock was also unhappy referee Craig Pawson didn't red card Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger for hauling down Kenneth Zohore when he was through on goal and felt skipper Sean Morrison should have had two penalties.

The FA were unhappy that an angry Warnock said Premier League referees were the worst in the world, although he was trying to point out in his interviews that VAR needed to come in to help officials.

They also didn't like Warnock's claims that smaller clubs like Cardiff were on the wrong end of decisions when playing the bigger teams, the FA insisting that was an accusation of referees being biased.

They also found against him over his clearly jovial remark about saying wife Sharon would have forgiven him for punching the referee on this occasion.

"I'm disappointed to say the least," said Warnock upon learning the outcome of the hearing.

Of the first issue, he pointed out: "Maurizio Sarri said pretty much the same thing about referees two weeks ago, but he has not even been charged, let alone fined.

"When I said smaller clubs don't get the right decisions, I didn't intend to mean bias. I was simply pointing out VAR can't come in quickly enough to help out referees. They said they viewed it differently, which is disappointing.

"The third one was me repeating what Sharon had said to me. So I guess I'm going to have to get some money off Sharon to help pay!"

Warnock has had huge support from football fans throughout the UK after expressing his views immediately after the Chelsea match and told the FA he had received 100 letters backing him.

Tens of thousands of Bluebirds fans felt their team had been robbed and took to social media to express outrage at Pawson's decision making.

Subsequently, Cardiff fans home and away have started to chant about the Premier League being rubbish when they feel further decisions have gone against their side.

NEIL WARNOCK:

Warnock went on: "It's not so much shock at being found guilty as disappointment, to be honest with you.

"The FA have taken action against me, yet nothing more is said about the decisions made in that match.

"I had over 100 letters from throughout the country supporting me.

"I'm disappointed and deflated tonight, but at least there's no touchline ban which is a plus."

He joked: "I might skip the next two press conferences."

An FA statement read: "Neil Warnock has been fined £20,000 for commenting on the match official following the Premier League game between Cardiff City and Chelsea on March 31.

"Whilst the manager denied three breaches of FA Rule E3, they were subsequently found proven during an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing today.

"Comments he made in a post-match interview with the BBC, and a post-match interview with Sky Sports, were found to be improper as they questioned the integrity of the match official and/or implied bias.

"In addition, comments he made in a talkSPORT radio interview on April 1 were found to constitute improper conduct and/or bring the game into disrepute."

Cardiff supporters chanted 'You're not fit to referee' to Pawson during the Chelsea game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: BREAKING: ' NEIL WARNOCK FINED £20,000 '

Wed May 01, 2019 5:06 pm

And the officials should be donating their match fees to charity...

Wed May 01, 2019 5:07 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:And the officials should be donating their match fees to charity...

or fined :thumbright:

Wed May 01, 2019 5:09 pm

I see, so if he said the referee was incompetant he would not be fined only fined by saying he was biased nothing stated about officials not being up to the job.

Wed May 01, 2019 5:11 pm

20grand for speaking the truth yet cheats throw themselves to the floor during games dont get anything no logic at all

Wed May 01, 2019 5:16 pm

If 20,000 fans paid as little as £1 :ayatollah:

or 10,000 £2 each :bluebird:

https://www.gofundme.com/pay-neil-warnocks-fine :bluebird:

Wed May 01, 2019 5:19 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=207073 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed May 01, 2019 5:36 pm

If the PL was a stick of rock it would have, 'Corruption,' written all the way through it.

The innocent are hauled before the authorities for speaking the truth and fined whilst the guilty go free.

The whole, 'cirkus,' that goes under the PL banner is corrupt from top to bottom. The truth must be spoken.

StT.
<><

Wed May 01, 2019 5:52 pm

I hear the FA are planning an extravagant Christmas party this year...

All the refs will be invited apparently.

Wed May 01, 2019 6:02 pm

And have the FA made any comment on the validity or otherwise of Warnock's complaints?

Have they said that they will make representations to the Referee's Association to ensure that officials that make such obvious and glaring mistakes are made to apologise publicly for their mistakes and also be fined for their incompetence?

Have they f**k. Not a word.

No public statement acknowledging the mistakes made have come from the officials, their governing body, the FA or the Premier League. They could not give a flying f**k and they are quite open about it.

I'm actually surprised that there hasn't been a picture in the press of Mike Riley flicking the V's at Warnock.

Wed May 01, 2019 6:05 pm

I wonder if Tan will sue.
What with that and the Burnley game.
Bias I'd say there is.
Corruption, incompetence of the highest order.

Wed May 01, 2019 7:36 pm

If I had fucked up at my job as badly as those officials did that day and then got called out about it, I’m sure the person who called me out wouldn’t have been fined! Absolute crackers that they can fine NW 20k and the match officials get paid normally like nothing happened!

Wed May 01, 2019 8:41 pm

how much was the linesman fined ?

Wed May 01, 2019 11:31 pm

What a sick post script to the season. I don't know whether some of these referees are actually corrupt or just totally incompetent, but I do know that they've probably got us relegated.
By any test that Chelsea goal was offside yet the cretin who gave it isn't sanctioned, the man who complained about it is !

People have suggested legal actions, well I think a police investigation is more what is called for. What exactly motivates these clearly wrong refereeing decisions week after week and always in favour of rich clubs ? Are the assets and bank accounts of these referees monitored , because they should be.

I've said this here before, but someone connected with North London criminals told me before the season started that certain premier league referees could be bought and I disbelieved it completely. I'm not so sure at this stage.

Thu May 02, 2019 12:08 am

How a guy gets fined £20K for stating what the whole world saw......and the incompetent (I'm trying to stay away from the word corrupt but finding it difficult) officials just saunter on about their business is beyond me!

Annoyed and aghast is an understatement! :shock:

Chuck a fiver in, the price of a pint, just to make a statement.

https://www.gofundme.com/pay-neil-warnocks-fine

Thu May 02, 2019 12:44 am

Azpilicueta has said he'll pay it! :-D

Thu May 02, 2019 5:54 am

JB1 wrote:Azpilicueta has said he'll pay it! :-D

I would love it if he chucked as little as a fiver in.

Go fund me is slowly rising.

Thu May 02, 2019 9:54 am

What other job in life do you get heavily fined for telling the truth. Crazy, politicians lie every day of the week but thats called spin. Feel for our Neil. Some overprotected corrupt officials should be ashamed of themselves. These scum are something I won't miss in the championship.

Thu May 02, 2019 10:03 am

Llantwit bluebird wrote:What other job in life do you get heavily fined for telling the truth. Crazy, politicians lie every day of the week but thats called spin. Feel for our Neil. Some overprotected corrupt officials should be ashamed of themselves. These scum are something I won't miss in the championship.

Given up already on life in the Premier League, like others, have you? :roll:

Neil Warnock will get past this; he knows the score and the lack of a ban would suggest that the panel had some sympathy for him, although they could never admit it

If Neil Warnock comes out and states he will donate any 'crowd-funding' to a local charity, I will certainly make a contribution to the pot :thumbright:

Thu May 02, 2019 10:09 am

davids wrote:I hear the FA are planning an extravagant Christmas party this year...

All the refs will be invited apparently.

But they wont attend as couldnt see where door was to get in! :laughing5:

Thu May 02, 2019 10:16 am

jimmy_rat wrote:

The quickest way forward is buckets at the ground, organised by someone trustworthy like the supporters club.

Although it's only a fiver, most people won't be bothered to go on a website and give their card details, but there will be thirty thousand plus attending the palace game, a lot of people would throw in a pound, between this and the go fund me the target should be reached by Saturday.

it will raise some positive publicity and stick two fingers up to the FA, while letting Warnock know how well he is still supported!!!

Thu May 02, 2019 10:27 am

Bluebina wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

The quickest way forward is buckets at the ground, organised by someone trustworthy like the supporters club.

Although it's only a fiver, most people won't be bothered to go on a website and give their card details, but there will be thirty thousand plus attending the palace game, a lot of people would throw in a pound, between this and the go fund me the target should be reached by Saturday.

it will raise some positive publicity and stick two fingers up to the FA, while letting Warnock know how well he is still supported!!!

Very well stated Bluebina.....for those who are happy to put card details on a secure website I urge you to do so. For those who are not I think the bucket idea by the supporters club is great. :bluebird:

Thu May 02, 2019 10:30 am

' KEEP IT GOING CARDIFF CITY FANS '
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=207073 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Thu May 02, 2019 10:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:' KEEP IT GOING CARDIFF CITY FANS '
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=207073 :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

That other thread is locked Annis, that's why I added to this one :thumbup: